PDA

View Full Version : Benifit ride for a fallen NJ Police Officer

BIGCATDAVE
03-17-2009, 01:10 PM
The Lost Trails at the Inn at Pocono manor, near Long Pond PA, will be the site of a benefit ride for the family of a police officer and fellow ATV rider killed in the line of duty. Officer Chris Jones of the Middleton Township police department was killed during a routine traffic stop. His fellow officers and riding buddies are organizing this benefit ride to help the family he left behind. Please come out and ride if you can. They will also be raffling off a King Quad 400 for their benefit. Below is the forwarded ride information:

Officer Chris Jones Memorial ATV Ride
Saturday May 9, 2009 at
Lost Trails ATV Park
In the Poconos

Come join us for a day of trail riding in Lost Trails' 1200 wooded acres, raffle prizes and a 50/50
Your $35 entrance fee gives you access to miles of trails ranging from easy to outrageous and a portion of all entrance fees on this date will be donated to Officer Jones' family
Middletown Township Police Officer Chris Jones was killed in the line of duty on the morning of January 29, 2009 while conducting a routine traffic stop on Rt. 1 Superhighway near I-95. As Officer Jones was returning to his patrol vehicle after concluding the traffic stop a vehicle crashed into the rear of his patrol vehicle pushing the patrol vehicle into Officer Jones. He was rushed to St. Mary Medical Center in Langhorne where he died a short time later. Chris was a ten year veteran of the department, a field training officer and a member of the department's ATV patrol unit. Chris spearheaded the department's ATV Patrol Unit, researching and writing the proposal, which later became the basis for the foundation of the unit. Chris is a Gulf War Veteran, serving seven years in the U.S. Navy before pursuing a career in law enforcement. He is survived by his wife and three children.

Please come out and help us support this worthy cause

For more information call Pete at 267-252-5494 or Mike at 267-249-4426
For Lost Trails information or Directions go to http://www.ridelosttrails.com
(You must bring your own ATV, there are no rentals available at Lost Trails)

Raffle Information:
A fellow rider and I have arranged to raffle off a King Quad 400 with the proceeds benefiting the Jones family.

Win a New Suzuki King Quad 400 ATV*

All Proceeds Benefit the Family of Fallen Middletown Police Officer Chris Jones
Tickets $25, Limited to 400 Tickets
Sponsored by Bromley’s Suzuki

For Tickets Contact Pete at 267-252-5494 or Mike at 267-249-4426 or E-mail DVC41@msn.com for more information.

Drawing to be held July 4, 2009

*A minimum of 250 tickets must be sold for ATV to be awarded
*If less than 250 tickets are sold the prize awarded will be a cash prize equal to 50% of the value of tickets sold (A 50/50)
* Winner is responsible for all sales tax, title and registration fees

Cash value of ATV may be applied to other new ATVs or motorcycles sold at Bromley’s

scuzz
03-17-2009, 01:17 PM
http://www.odmp.org/officer/19758-police-officer-chris-jones

Police Officer Chris Jones
Middletown Township Police Department
Pennsylvania
End of Watch: Thursday, January 29, 2009

Biographical Info
Tour of Duty: 10 years
Badge Number: 4466

Incident Details
Cause of Death: Struck by vehicle
Date of Incident: Thursday, January 29, 2009
Weapon Used: Not available
Suspect Info: Not available

Officer Chris Jones was struck and killed while conducting a traffic stop on Route 1, near the I-95 interchange.

As he was returning to his patrol car, two cars collided and careened into his vehicle, which then struck him. He was transported to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries a short time later.

Officer Jones had served with the Middletown Township Police Department for 10 years. He is survived by his wife and three children.

http://blogs.phillyburbs.com/news/bcct/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/2009/January/Thursday/Jones.jpg

BIGCATDAVE
03-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Thanks for that link scuzz. I'm going to add that to my posts on the other forums.

scuzz
03-17-2009, 02:28 PM
No problem, glad I could help.