PDA

View Full Version : Round 3: Lake Havasu

RCRGIRL
03-17-2009, 12:57 PM
This is Donna (formerly adrenalinefreak). I didn't want to use that name anymore and I didn't get an answer on whether or not it could be changed and save all my information so I just went ahead and created this one. It's my username on the other site i'm on plus I like it better than adrenalinefreak.

SO back on topic!!

Everyone ready for Havasu? Who all is going?

I'm driving there Friday morning to get there for practice and I'll be staying Friday and Saturday night.

Should be a good time and from what I saw on the weather site it should be nice as well! 70's maybe close to 80s??

Two weeks away!!

desertrider2121
03-17-2009, 10:55 PM
i will be racing 12-15 year old mod and 12-15 year old mod sport hopefully my last race on my blaster :D
my dad will be racing our polaris rzr with our Homemade Long travel kit after only having stock travel last year

i live in havasu and the weather has been weird lately
on sunday it was 72 and today is in the low 90s
have your AC gear ready LOL

GWTT
03-17-2009, 11:21 PM
I was in havasu this weekend (quad being down due to exploded carrier bearings) relaxed at the lake. Its hopefully going to be a beautiful weekend for us. Spring break is apoun the lake so most of the Hotels are going to be packed with parties. Found a good deal on a hotel Travellodge. its small and about 5 minute drive from the track for $79.90 a night on Orbitz. Its going to be a rough track. awaiting my GPR stabilizer and Retuning my rear shock.

racerdad199
03-19-2009, 08:21 AM
We will be there Friday morning waiting for the gates to open. Sleeping in the truck!!! We finished up the quad last night and it is ready.

desertrider2121
03-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by racerdad199
We will be there Friday morning waiting for the gates to open. Sleeping in the truck!!! We finished up the quad last night and it is ready.

last year they opened the gates on thursday night and i think there doing the same this year

racerdad199
03-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Love those all nighter drives. We will leave after work on Thursday and drive all night and hopefully get into Havasu about 2-3 am. The earlier we can get there the longer we can sleep in the truck. Pulling in Friday morning after the gates open makes for a LONG day on Friday.

RCRGIRL
03-19-2009, 10:27 PM
It's not a bad drive from Vegas..prolly a little over 2 hours?!? The next three after this get to be pretty far for me...Washington is going to be a struggle for me to make it too.. I'll more than likely be by myself and if that's the case I'm not sure I'll go...took long of a drive to make on my own plus not comfortable traveling that far alone!

Hopefully be able to find someone or a family I can ride with or something...we'll see

Havasu should be nice. It's probably going to be hot! Which I'm hoping for!!!!!

GWTT
03-21-2009, 12:40 AM
im lucky I have been fortunite to get a hookup to make all the races as long as #1 I dont get hurt, #2 dont break the quad #3 dont loose my job/lack of work. Im an automotive tech and its been terribly slow. :( hopefully all goes well for everyone

WORCSYFZ199
03-25-2009, 09:50 PM
I'll be there racing Open A and Pro-Am if I qualify, last year I didn't qualify cause I broke while leading Open A so that was a bummer, but yeah I love Havasu, also anyone check out on the WORCS site the preview for Havasu and see the "Lagoon Jump"? looks like it's gonna be gnarly I hope they keep that for the Pro race, it'll be cool to have a pro obstacle at Havsu for once.

desertrider2121
03-25-2009, 10:02 PM
the lagoon jump is sick!
i thought it was going to be hot this weekend but if the weather stays the way it has it will only be 75 out!

WORCSYFZ199
03-25-2009, 10:18 PM
yeah I'm way excited for the race, and I wouldn't mind if it got kinda hot actually cause I'm from Vegas and the heat doesn't really get to me unless it's 100+ then it slows me down, but yeah wonder if they'll keep that jump for the quad pro race? I don't see why they would post a press release about it and not use it though?

desertrider2121
03-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by WORCSYFZ199
yeah I'm way excited for the race, and I wouldn't mind if it got kinda hot actually cause I'm from Vegas and the heat doesn't really get to me unless it's 100+ then it slows me down, but yeah wonder if they'll keep that jump for the quad pro race? I don't see why they would post a press release about it and not use it though?

yeah they should be keeping it
a few of my friends that raced dirtbikes last weekend said the track was so much better. This is the only worcs race i do and i have been dying to race it since january haha

yeah same here about the heat
i was actually hoping it would be a hot out

400grl
03-26-2009, 06:47 PM
I'll be racing this one - this will be my first Havasu race ever. Will be racing Women's A again and Pro Rhino, or whatever class they have in WORCS for the UTV's.....can't wait! Heading out tomorrow night!

daddio
03-29-2009, 08:48 AM
I heard that they were running the lagoon jump for the pros only, and only a handful would do it in pro practice. The rest opted for the bypass. I guess the jump was ok, it was the landing that sucked.

QuadJunkies
03-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Man, now I know how ya'll feel when your anxiously waiting for race results!:blah:
I cant wait to hear how the wk end was!

Daddio, wasnt there supposed to be some kind of live video coverage of the main today on worcs website?

daddio
03-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies

Daddio, wasnt there supposed to be some kind of live video coverage of the main today on worcs website?

Dunno...........

bmskid
03-29-2009, 01:36 PM
i wish there was some kind of coverage or updates from out there Go Jarrod Mcclure!!

QuadJunkies
03-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Im pretty sure I got some thing emailed to me about it .. Ill go see if I cant find it.

QuadJunkies
03-29-2009, 02:01 PM
“The ORC.com will deliver Live Audio webcast from WORCS Racing in Lake Havasu this weekend.....”

Theorc.com is going to host live audio from round three of the WORCS calendar at Lake Havasu on March 21-22.

For the first time in WORCS history live audio will be available for listener’s world wide as the best offroad riders take the stage at what has become one of the most anticipated races of the year. Wanting to listen to how your favorite C, B, A, Mini, or Women’s class rider is doing? Do not worry; we are going to host audio from the entire weekend with the Pro class on Sunday being the main event. In addition to live audio, theorc.com will be bringing you a variety of videos including The Fastest Five Minutes in Motorsports and the “Saturday Racing Video” brought to you by AP Racing USA and produced by Wiley Watson of Production 262.

Theorc.com will celebrate round three of the WORCS calendar the following week online in what we call WORCS Week. This will include MEGA Galleries, rider blogs, in depth race reports, Rider of the Week profile, and lifestyle reports from Havasu.

There will be a live audio link on the homepage of theorc.com Saturday morning March 21st and we thank you for logging on.

www.theorc.com

QuadJunkies
03-29-2009, 02:03 PM
I just read the date..
It was for the bikes I guess.

daddio
03-29-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I just read the date..
It was for the bikes I guess.

Are you taking drugs????? First "Riverdale" now this. :D :blah:

QuadJunkies
03-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by daddio
Are you taking drugs????? First "Riverdale" now this. :D :blah:

DUDE.. you have NO IDEA. .:p

ITs because Im out of the loop and it sucks .. :(

Kelsey talked to someone abit ago and I think she said Warnia was leading the race at one point, followed by Frederick.
Maybe you should have Reed give us race coverage via cell phone ..:D

daddio
03-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Reed did call. He was having overheating issues, and Warnia was still wayyyyyyyyyyyy out front at about 1:30

QuadJunkies
03-29-2009, 06:33 PM
RESULTS (http://www.atvriders.com/atvresults/worcs-atv-race-results-2009-03-class.html)

QuadJunkies
03-29-2009, 08:24 PM
I wonder where Robbie Mitchell was?
Daddio, have you heard if Brandon Brown is going to attend any of the WORCS this year?
It seems so odd not seeing his name on the results. :(

Corry gurl... did you take a tumble? What happened? I thought Id see you on the podium! ;)

Glad to see Jeff took a 1st on his Rhino, I felt so bad for him last year .

400grl
03-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Hey QJ!!! Yes.....yes I did take a tumble. Thought I'd sample that Havasu dirt...turns out it's just fine. Very dirty. haha! I got a good start and was running in about 4th when my quad stalled about 3 times in three different corners. That has been happening a bit when I go hot into corners when I first start races....when it warms up, doesn't seem to do that anymore. Anyway, so I was in the back of the women's class by then, and I was hauling butt to catch up and get back up there.....about the 2nd lap, I cross-rutted in some really deep sandy stuff and tried to gas out of it. Didn't work and I flipped once or twice. Finally got out from under my quad and flipped it back over, but then couldn't get it started.

NOTE: EFI quads have a TIP OVER SENSOR!!! If you find yourself "tipped over", you have to turn the key off and then back on again before it will fire up!! It took me about 3 minutes to learn this valuable lesson - lol!

Anyway....I was over half a lap down when I started going again, so I just played catch-up the whole rest of the race. Started catching my class on the very last lap - so bummed. I needed another lap or two to really make it through my field.....

Rhino race was good, though!! I got the holeshot in my class (UTV2) and led my class for about 5 laps......till my rear shock broke in half, and I couldn't hit anything without it feeling like my spine would crack in half! Had to sit in the hotpits till the checkers came out, then rolled through it so I wouldn't dnf. Got a cool holeshot shirt, though!

Saw McClure out there!! He got the holeshot, I think - and was hauling butt until he tagged this piece of concrete or something that was on the side of the course. Busted something in the front of his quad.....he was sidelined, but I saw him running all the way from where his quad broke to the pits to grab some tools to fix it with. This is a LONG run, too - and after already doing several laps at race speed, and then running up hills in MX boots.....??!! Tough!!! Jerrod got it fixed and got going again.....not sure what he placed, though. Great effort on his part!!!

QuadJunkies
03-29-2009, 10:04 PM
I just saw a helmet Cam of Donnas thats pretty sweet from you ladies racing!
I thought that it looked like you that stalled but I wasnt 100% certain.

No need to sample that dirt, its too rocky and overated. LOL! :p

Glad your OK!

QuadJunkies
03-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by 400grl

Saw McClure out there!! He got the holeshot, I think - and was hauling butt until he tagged this piece of concrete or something that was on the side of the course. Busted something in the front of his quad.....he was sidelined, but I saw him running all the way from where his quad broke to the pits to grab some tools to fix it with. This is a LONG run, too - and after already doing several laps at race speed, and then running up hills in MX boots.....??!! Tough!!! Jerrod got it fixed and got going again.....not sure what he placed, though. Great effort on his part!!!

I can only imagine what it was like in MX boots.. I had a tough enough time walking the whole track for Coverage and being WAY OUT OF SHAPE .. :o LOL

RCRGIRL
03-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Man on man. Both my races had their ups and downs. My women's A race was the bigger upset of the two. My start sucked no questions about that, in fact, there is proof!! LOL

I spend too much time WAITING to pass. I lost 50 seconds when I got stuck(I cut out a portion of the stuck part because my language wasn't very sportsman like). I also learned by watching the videos that my shifting sucks...in fact, there is a lack of shifting. Especially in my Women's A race. I pretty much just stayed in 3rd ( EVEN through the corners, duh!!) so I'm definitely still learning. I've never really had anyone go through that kind of stuff with me! So I have some practicing to do for sure. I also can't shift while standing??

I definitely feel better now that my laptimes are getting better! I just need to hang around more and ride with people that are better than me and ask LOTS of questions!!

I'm trying to get the videos posted up on youtube but the quality on youtube sucks! The higlight video is up on my facebook profile if anyone wants to check it out, it's 11min. long.

I also have the Women's A race broken down into 6 parts. I cut out a section where I was making up ground and it was just me and then the end where it was too muddy to see and the camera actually died before the end of the race but I got 3/4 of the race. Just have to get it uploaded..

so here are the links
Facebook Highlight video:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/video/video.php?v=1118189311640&ref=nf

Youtube (part 2 Women's A race) for some reason the 1st threw up an error.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sx0AtXBOj0

RCRGIRL
03-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Oh..about Robbie Mitchell, he dislocated his shoulder on Tuesday up in Mesquite. Piplic raced for DATS in his spot. He told me the Dr. says he could be looking at 2 to 3 months out.

QuadJunkies
03-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by RCRGIRL
Oh..about Robbie Mitchell, he dislocated his shoulder on Tuesday up in Mesquite. Piplic raced for DATS in his spot. He told me the Dr. says he could be looking at 2 to 3 months out.
Awe, that sucks for Robbie! :(

Dont feel bad.. I have trouble shifting while standing too. lol I can do it ,but it feels odd for sure.
I know of others with the same problem.
Braking in mid air is one Troy always had trouble with,he tired it a few times and about killed himself. LOL :p

RCRGIRL
03-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Oh for sure about Robbie!!

I can sometimes shift while standing but not going fast through whoops or anything!! Let's not even get started on jumping..lol I lose sooooooo much time in the MX cause I don't hit the jumps. It's all in the head, after breaking my wrist and arm up in Washington, I just have to do it!!

I hear Troy on the braking in Air. I played around with that a little too. I nose dived a little the first time but in the words of Happy Gilmore just a, "tap tap tappy!"

daddio
03-30-2009, 03:49 PM
NOTE: EFI quads have a TIP OVER SENSOR!!! If you find yourself "tipped over", you have to turn the key off and then back on again before it will fire up!! It took me about 3 minutes to learn this valuable lesson - lol!
[/B]

I disabled mine. :cool:

400grl
03-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by RCRGIRL
Man on man. Both my races had their ups and downs. My women's A race was the bigger upset of the two. My start sucked no questions about that, in fact, there is proof!! LOL

I spend too much time WAITING to pass. I lost 50 seconds when I got stuck(I cut out a portion of the stuck part because my language wasn't very sportsman like). I also learned by watching the videos that my shifting sucks...in fact, there is a lack of shifting. Especially in my Women's A race. I pretty much just stayed in 3rd ( EVEN through the corners, duh!!) so I'm definitely still learning. I've never really had anyone go through that kind of stuff with me! So I have some practicing to do for sure. I also can't shift while standing??

I definitely feel better now that my laptimes are getting better! I just need to hang around more and ride with people that are better than me and ask LOTS of questions!!

I'm trying to get the videos posted up on youtube but the quality on youtube sucks! The higlight video is up on my facebook profile if anyone wants to check it out, it's 11min. long.

I also have the Women's A race broken down into 6 parts. I cut out a section where I was making up ground and it was just me and then the end where it was too muddy to see and the camera actually died before the end of the race but I got 3/4 of the race. Just have to get it uploaded..

so here are the links
Facebook Highlight video:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/video/video.php?v=1118189311640&ref=nf

Youtube (part 2 Women's A race) for some reason the 1st threw up an error.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sx0AtXBOj0

Very cool video, Donna!! Sorry about stalling out right in front of you - was wondering who bumped me!! My bad!! Looks like you got me going again, though - lol!! :)

F-16Guy
03-31-2009, 10:13 AM
Very cool video, Donna!! Sorry about stalling out right in front of you - was wondering who bumped me!! My bad!! Looks like you got me going again, though - lol!! :)
Cat fight!! :devil:

That was a pretty sick race. I looked at the pictures of that lagoon jump for a while, and I don't blame some of the Pros for not jumping it. I heard the approach was sandy and a bit sketchy. It's cool new stuff like that that keeps me interested in WORCS. I live too far away to race now, but I'll definitely watch all the coverage I can.

WORCSYFZ199
03-31-2009, 02:27 PM
haha the Lagoon jump was sick, I never brought myself to do it but that's cause I don't think I could have made it with my heavy stock LTR with stock pipe and all, when I talked to Timmy said he has motor work and was pinned and made it pretty close to the water so I knew if I tried I'd be landing in the water lol nearly bald tires don't help either. It was cool though I was towards the back of the pack in the Pro-Am start, the LTR didn't start up too quick cause I gassed it before it was started lol anyways they opened the jump on the second lap and that's when Haagsma caught and passed me after he started last and I remeber looking over and watching him take the jump, it was sick to watch and it paid off he must have passed like 5 of us who were all still in a train on the 2nd lap.

RCRGIRL
03-31-2009, 04:24 PM
No worries about stalling. It happens to everyone!!! I think it helped ya out a little too. That'll be $5. Just kidding :p
It was a good weekend. Just need to get my thumb into shape or go back to the twist throttle..

I just watched a helmet cam of a kid racing full throttle and going over the bars and the camera was fine and caught it all on video!!

That lagoon jump was pretty cool to watch!!

I'm interested to see what's going to happen with that 1st Washington race?? I know it's been cancelled but are they going to hold one the same weekend somewhere else? Washougal?

Or somebody else mentioned them doing it all in one week up at Straddleline. Race something like Monday practice with Tuesday and Wednesday being races and then practice on Friday and race on Saturday and Sunday??

I like the latter idea although it would only work for me if I could find someone to stay with either at the track or maybe someone's house...I know for a fact I cannot afford a weeks worth of hotel rooms plus all the other expenses...but definitely would beat having to drive(fly) there twice!!

RCRGIRL
03-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Hey Corry are you going to be making all the rounds? I heard the next one is pretty rough, I didn't race it last year cause my arm and wrist were broke but should be fun!

Mesquite will be the toughest I think this year. Havasu wasn't that tough, IMO, as it has been in the past. Mesquite has that virgin sand that is already whooped out and doesn't take much to get worse!!

400grl
03-31-2009, 06:04 PM
Hey Donna - no....I really wish I could race the whole series - it's one of my favorite series to be racing in - love the longer races, and everyone is just SO nice!!

If there is any way to get our stuff up to WA and fly up and back, we might make one round up there, but with work and the shop - it's just not realistic - which is a bummer - I'd LOVE to see the WA tracks - I hear they are pretty cool!

Hopefully I'll see you out there again before the season is over....good luck in the meantime - you were doing awesome out there! Keep it up!! :)

400grl
03-31-2009, 06:04 PM
OH!!! PS - we have a TON of pics from WORCS!!!!

WORCS HAVASU PICS!!! (http://www.wellerracing.com)

GWTT
03-31-2009, 07:30 PM
congrats on the top 5 donna.
Saturday's open B I started off in 13th (poor start as always) by the 2nd lap was in 4th. the third lap in 3rd. the 4th lap in second and 5th lap passed for 1st w/o even knowing. 1st was in the pits with a flat tire. I WON my first WORCS race. took me from 5th in points to 2nd 1 point out of 1st. Unfortunitly I broke second gear on the last lap.
Sunday's Sport B (I dont have a practice quad) I just made it thru the scoring shoot on the start of the race and Locked the motor up. 2nd gear went thru the front of the crankcase destroying everything!!!! :eek2: Now I need to build a complete engine in a matter of 3.5 weeks. and no practice to make round 4. points hurt me. went from tied in 4th with 29 points to 10th. 10 points out of 3rd. 2nd has 50 points and first has 60. doesnt look bright future this season for me.

RCRGIRL
03-31-2009, 09:58 PM
That's awesome about 1st, I saw the results and was stoked for you!!! Sucks about your bike. Just focus on getting it fixed and believe you'll get it done and you will!!

I had some bad luck in my race in the Women's Class. I decided not to race the open b race class anymore. Just race two one on Saturday and one on Sunday. Saves me a little bit of money and doesn't put as much time or abuse on my bike.

I caught up to third but couldn't pass before the scoring shoot so I had to settle for 4th!

The men's race was my best yet in that class. I had a great start and lost steam after a lil while. Had multiple opportunities to pass back people but seriously couldn't push the throttle..lol oh well

I was happy with my finish! I'm getting there slowly. Finally feel like I belong in the classes I'm in.

Corry,
I feel ya on making all the races! I'm crossing my fingers I find my way to them all! It's my goal to make them. I too love the WORCS races. I like how organized they are and they're an hour long and you get to go to a bunch of different tracks!!

What's your shop?

I'll check out your pictures!!