PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Battery Box

86 Quad R
03-17-2009, 09:26 AM
does anyone know where i can get my hands on an aftermarket battery box. i'm needing to go with a larger battery and havent had any luck locating one.

thanks in advance. :cool:

diangelo#67
03-18-2009, 09:14 PM
what do you need a larger battery for? a/c?

should not need a larger battery, If you need more power you probably need a bigger stator

bigger battery dosn't give you more power
just more power avalible

86 Quad R
03-19-2009, 07:18 AM
because the lil bitty OEM battery isnt enough for it any longer. need more avail power for starting. :cool:

diangelo#67
03-19-2009, 01:16 PM
your stator is going bad

86 Quad R
03-19-2009, 01:32 PM
maybe i should clarify........... this engine has been recently modded and all. the tiny batt is simply not enough for it any longer.

03-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
maybe i should clarify........... this engine has been recently modded and all. the tiny batt is simply not enough for it any longer.

Probably because the stator is to low of wattage and not sending enough juice to the the battery. The stator is what sends the juice, the battery only stores it. If your batterys going dead then the stator isn't producing enough juice.

Only place I know of that makes any thing is Trinity but they only make an aluminum cover for the stock box.

florentino
03-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R

check your valve adjusment.. that makes it hard to start .. i know its fuel injection butt they have a chock cable.. if you got a hi comp piston put race gas..runs much cooler

diangelo#67
03-22-2009, 02:55 PM
the biggest piston that could fit in that motor, would still start with that itty bitty battery. your stator is going bad

unless you go with a boat battery.....and the bike flips to the side every time it comes off the ground

diangelo#67
03-22-2009, 02:58 PM
and like ^^^ he sad you stator makes it battery shakes it

battery only holds the power your stator makes

ricky stator makes larger stators for BIG lights and stuff give them a call

my motor has enough done to it to strangle yours and it starts with the itty bitty battery every time