PDA

View Full Version : Power Commander Sucks

chromecreeper
03-17-2009, 08:33 AM
Have hooked up a power commander to the quad, I have a two brothers slip on and a k&n air filter and tried several maps and it truely feels like its lost power????? WTF. The power band seemed really strong with just the slip on and stock air filter. Whats the problem? It feels like ive lost all my top end I had. I was talking to dynojet and they said I could have a cvs something transmission to where the power commander really dont help because of such a narrow powerband. Whats your guys opinion on this???

masterp0606
03-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Get rid of that junk stock intake and get an FCI or Fuel ATV Intake then you will see a huge difference. Honestly with a slip on I don't think you would see to much of a power gain, but it is still better than stock.

Try taking your lid of and use a map for a slip of without the lid and new filter perhaps.

rider250ex
03-17-2009, 09:02 PM
maybe it felt like it had more power becasue it was running lean?

Kawi_41
03-17-2009, 11:58 PM
15T front sprocket + replace intake+ full exhaust = problem solved

chromecreeper
03-18-2009, 08:16 AM
Very possible it felt like it had more balls because it was running lean, but even bone stock it felt similiar. I should have got the full system but it didnt want to get rid of the titanium head pipe but ill get the two brothers header. Which intake should I go with? So I guess the k&n sucks on this machine? Which transmission is in it do you guys know?

chromecreeper
03-18-2009, 08:28 AM
One more thing, the head pipe looks alot thinner, hence restricting air flow over the stock head pipe, how does this generate more power?

mod440ex
03-18-2009, 11:07 AM
i put the fuel atv intake on mine and it made a huge difference

masterp0606
03-18-2009, 01:34 PM
FCI is the best out right now. I have the box version which puts out the same power as the no box. Heres a link.

http://www.fuelcustoms.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=44

Also Fuel ATV is good and is way better than stock. But the FCI makes a little more power.

MtnEX
03-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by chromecreeper
Have hooked up a power commander to the quad, I have a two brothers slip on and a k&n air filter and tried several maps and it truely feels like its lost power????? WTF. The power band seemed really strong with just the slip on and stock air filter. Whats the problem? It feels like ive lost all my top end I had. I was talking to dynojet and they said I could have a cvs something transmission to where the power commander really dont help because of such a narrow powerband. Whats your guys opinion on this???

Lord... sounds like they have great customer service... how dopey...

What they were trying to figure out was if you had a CVT... C-ontinously V-ariable T-ransmission.....

Like the snowmobile clutch setup on my Polaris Sport 400.

I guess they sell a LOT of them for the EFI utility models with auto trannys. But any of them ought to know what your bike is, and that it has a 5 speed... or they should not be paid to answer your call.

I'd call back and hope that someone more knowledgeable picked up the phone. You should not loose power by adding a power commander. Obviously something has to be wrong and your air/fuel ratio has to be incorrect.