PDA

View Full Version : Issues with the ATVA race order.

Logan #34's Dad
03-17-2009, 12:19 AM
Hello folks, For those of you that are planning on running the ATVA Nationals this year you have probably saw the Moto orders.
I am having a hard time with why they would schedule the "odd" events the way they did for our mini's.
I believe alot of us are going to run the 90cvt and 70cvt. AND, some 50cc kids will be running the 70CVT too.
Saturday the 90CVT go at race #6 then the 70CVT go at race #10. Then on Sunday the 90CVT is race #6 and 70CVT is race #8. Now, Saturday may not be a real big deal because the Pro-Am stuff is between the classes. BUT Sunday, there is only ONE race between the two classes. Which means that when our rider is done with the 90cvt he will not be able to pass GO and collect his $200.00. He will have to dismount the 90 and go over to the 70 (which will already be on the line). SO that means we will not be able to watch them or cheer for them while riding the 90 because we will all be back with the 70 getting it ready for the moto.
Our concentration this year is the 70CVT class, So the way it is now, he will be exhausted from riding the 90 and have to mount up on the 70 and go at it again. Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.
To all the cynics: yeah, I could skip the 90 class BUT if I'm driving 12 hours and spending that much money just to get there AND be there, why not run as many classes as he qualifies for.
I sent an e-mail to the ATVA about this. I'll post it and the response next.
If you agree, would you please e-mail Stephani and voice your concern as well.
Thanks, Rocky

Logan #34's Dad
03-17-2009, 12:24 AM
MY Email to the ATVA:

Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 2:30 AM
To: Stephani

Subject: ATVA Race order issue?

Hello Stephani,
I'd like to request a small change in the race order in the "ODD" rounds of the schedule. I know I'm only one person BUT I'm sure there will be many more parents with the same issue. My son Races the 70CVT and 90CVT. Most kids that run the 70's also run the 90's.
On the "ODD" rounds Saturday will probably be okay BUT Sunday the two classes are only split up by one class in the order. Which means the riders wanting to do both classes will come off the track and right back up to the gate where hopefully the Dad's will have the 70CVT quad on the gate and ready. AND with this new transponder deal, having to be attached to each quad instead of the rider, I will somehow have to take off the transponder from the 90CVT and attach it to the hopefully waiting 70CVT.
So, what that means is that I am not going to be able to watch, cheer on or give pit board signals to my son while he is racing the 90CVT because I'll have to be getting the 70CVT to the line.
There is a safety issue here as well, those riders will not be rested enough to be ready for another moto basically back to back which could cause them to make a mistake and crash.
SO, my solution is: At least on Sunday, Have the 90CVT (Race #6) switch with 50 Limited Jr. (Race #5). The 50's usually take a little more time so that may give us enough time to get the 70CVT ready AND get the racers a drink and a little chance to relax. OR for both days, put the 90CVT in race #4 and bump the Women to #5, 50 Limited Jr. to #6 and everything else stays the same. That would give us 3 motos in between.
Thank You for your time,
Rocky Dusenberry
Concerned Father of Logan Dusenberry - ATVA

Logan #34's Dad
03-17-2009, 12:25 AM
The response from the ATVA:

Rocky,

Thank you for sharing your concern with us and we definitely do not want this to be a factor at all. I realize the Race Order does not include the Pro and Pro-Am activity that will be taking place on Sunday morning. See the complete weekend schedule here. http://www.atvmotocross.com/pages/schedule/weekend-schedule We believe this activity will create more time between those two classes and we do not anticipate that you will be running as close together as it may appear by the race order. If the Pro/Pro-Am activity is not between your classes, we will do a track prep to create that additional time. Promoter and ATVPG President, Sam Gammon also requested for you to remind both him and Smitty about this on Sunday morning as well. I will also be adding this scenario to the Promoter Blue Print to pay close attention on Sunday morning at all other odd events as well. Unfortunately we’ve printed the series program and announced the Race Order so if at all possible we’d like to make it through this first Round 1 based on the current order and see if it will work. We would like to do our best to see if the class really needs moved or not based on all the Sunday activity. I do not anticipate it will be a problem however.

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend. Be safe on your travels to Alabama. Let me know if you have any other questions.

_________

Stephani McIntyre | Series Administrator

122 Vista Del Rio Drive | Morgantown, WV 26508

e: stephani@mxsports.com

o: (304) 284-0101

f: (304) 284-0081

www.atvmotocross.com | www.mxsports.com

team37
03-17-2009, 07:48 AM
We had the same problem last year in our wisconsin series.We only had 3 mini classes 90stock-90prodution -90mod. They had mod and production one moto apart at every race and would only move it by one moto when asked .Then the next week it was back to one moto apart vary frustrating. I guess the way they figured it they did give us a week or so to hire a full time mechanic to gate the other bike, and take the kid out of school to train like a pro to build the stamina to race back to back motos........

LT80
03-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Seeins little will prolly be done,
It's a good thing they are young. They seem to be able to run moto after moto with little complaints. :)

As for not being able to watch, we usually can't see 25% of the track anyways. :(