PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else get laid off ?

reptikes
03-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Just got laid off Thursday.:grr: And with my Criminal Record i'm never going to be able to get another job, when theres going to be 30 other (laid off-no criminal past) guys applying for the same job. The old lady worked at Macy's. Just so happened to be one of the ones that was closing. She got laid off Sunday.
Both of us under the same roof all day long... One of us ain't going to make it!

hale23
03-16-2009, 08:25 PM
My husband got laid off in July and just found another job, I've been laid off since November, I got laid off 2 days after returning from maternity leave.

250r rider 88
03-16-2009, 10:29 PM
been laid off since thanksgiving, after only having the job a month, times are getting rough for folks, our government has to come up with a plan

j_cyrus3
03-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Depending on the week, I am only working 2 or MAYBE 3 days a week now. I just found out today :ermm: Went to the local 911 center to train tonight, just got back. May take on a part time job there also. This had to happen at the worst time too. The EGR cooler on my truck is clogged up, and I found shavings in my oil filter on the quad. No luck here lately :(

gncc025
03-16-2009, 10:40 PM
yep my 2nd week being laid off. it sucks but im tryn to make the best of it. hell i can get on atvriders now any time of the day i want :macho :ermm:

blacknblue#2
03-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Not fully laid off yet but real close im sure. Only workin 3 weeks a month. The company filed backruptsy last week and all of our contract work (customers) are pulling their work out cause their scared of us now. I hate to see it happen but hey its almost nice weather. Ill take to summer off and work for a family friend at the sawmill if i have to. If i can find a way out of not working 3rd shift threw the summer im all for it.

chevys&honda$
03-16-2009, 11:41 PM
going on my 3rd week laid off now:cuss: im geting paid until may, but after that im screwed, there is noooo jobs around here:(

mittman
03-17-2009, 12:22 AM
yeah my dad is real close to it I really hope it works out for him and you guys. My mom is still doing good. Im in landscaping and pretty much after the first snowfall im laid off. I will work a couple days here and there to help keep up with the snow but not every day. Right now im getting back to work doing cleaning of yards but things are still slow. Getting a 30,000 dollar job within a week or 2 so that should keep us busy for 2 weeks.

derekhonda
03-17-2009, 06:13 AM
I'm sorry you guys are all jobless, but the possibilities for other jobs are out there, just just gotta keep looking. You may not want to go from a $20 hour job to a $12 but you may just have to suck it up for another couple of months. Best of luck to you all.

scuzz
03-17-2009, 08:54 AM
I know you're trying to help but most of the people who lost their jobs might not take it that way.

I'm sure they would gladly take any job they could get right now.

I'll be praying for you all.

stever25
03-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Been laid off since October! yeah it sucks, Using the ti,e to get my CDL so I can drive a truck for a close friend in the meantime.

derekhonda
03-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by scuzz
I know you're trying to help but most of the people who lost their jobs might not take it that way.

I'm sure they would gladly take any job they could get right now.

I'll be praying for you all.

Yeah I reread it that does sound a little harsh, but I know several people who are passing up jobs around here cause they feel like they can do better if they just wait, thats the message I was trying to say, don't pass up work if its there! The company I work for took a 20% pay cut across the board about 2 months ago so I am feeling it too, but what I meant to say is just suck it up for now and make it work and things will turn around.

nickm328
03-17-2009, 10:24 AM
Got laid-off after 13yrs. as a sheetmetal fabricator on a vinyl siding crew, the work is here but our problem is all the mexicans underbidding us by so much and businesses would much rather employ an illegal than somebody that they have to pay descent and pay into the system for. Well if all else fails I could just move to mexico there's got to be a bunch of jobs there cause they're all here!

AbnMP13
03-17-2009, 11:04 AM
You know it's hard times when all 4 branches of service are meeting their recruiting goals almost every month.

QuadJunkies
03-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Work is so far and few here in my state due the all the layoffs and a large amt. of them are from Micron. I feel terrible for those employees, so many of them cant find work here -there is very very little avail. right now.
I have a freind who got laid off there and she cant even find a job flippin burgers-people are just holding on to whatever they can find no matter what it pays.
My Husband lost his job almost a year ago and we are still trying to get by .He still is only working part time and half the wage ,but were hanging on to hoping some of the peeps retire this year so it will open a spot for my ole man to jump into.
I wish you all the best, its tough out there right now .

05LSR250R
03-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Everyone needs to remember one thing!

When you reach the end of your rope.........
Tie a knot and hang in there!

It'll come back around!
Good luck to everyone in these rough times!

BlasterRacer26
03-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Been laid off since November, it sucks!

bansheeguy
03-17-2009, 03:12 PM
I am layed off for 4 weeks now and stil have not gotten a check...

I am so bored! I am looking for a used cheap 400ex or something now, it has been a couple years since I had a quad.

I made the drill collars for oil rigs so I knew I was getting layed off sooner or later.

hale23
03-17-2009, 03:38 PM
I just decided to help out at a family restaurant waitressing. I decided now would be a good time to head back to school.

reptikes
03-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by 05LSR250R
Everyone needs to remember one thing!

When you reach the end of your rope.........
Tie a knot and hang in there!

It'll come back around!
Good luck to everyone in these rough times!

Hopefully it comes back around sooner than later!

416exfreak
03-17-2009, 05:23 PM
I've been out of a job for the last 8 months, finally got a job cooking at a steakhouse yesterday.

I feel bad for all of those who are getting laid off. I know how it feels :(