PDA

View Full Version : 25 lbs compression

hucknall007
03-16-2009, 06:08 PM
hey guys, great info on here! got a 93 300ex and it just plain quit. good spark,, carb has gas,, 25 lbs compression. now i want to tear the top end off but is there anything i need to know before hand? like timing chain marks?? im just lookin to get it running again so i can sell it for a friend.thanks for any help again guys.

dirtdawg
03-17-2009, 06:37 PM
before you tear too much apart it is either the head gasket, bad timing, or something to do with the valves. the head may be warped too but check the stupid ****. there are marks clearly identified for the timing and stuff so don't worry. when you take the chain off the cam it is easy if you put a cable tie through the chain and loop it through a bolt hole somewhere and tie it so it doesn't fall down inside.

hucknall007
03-17-2009, 08:05 PM
thanks man. i actually decided today to just say heck with it and tear into it. damn, did they put enough different size bolts in the head????? well, piston and cylinder are scored big time. any suggestions where is the best place to get one? heck i would even buy a used one if someone upgraded. and ill need to find some torque specs somewhere too i imagine. thanks for the help. its really appreciated. my buddy had a stroke so im just tryin to get it goin an sell it for him to get him some extra cash to help out.

dirtdawg
03-18-2009, 02:28 PM
i have the owners manual so i can get u the specs u need. i can send some pics of manual if you need it. pistons are cheap at rocky mountain atv. there like 70 bucks for a wiseco and rings are like 15 bucks. it should be under 100 for the piston and rings and the gaskets are like 30 and the full kits are like 150. rm atv is cheaper than a lot of others. get that cylinder honed too.