PDA

View Full Version : Need boots and on a budget

rinaldi
03-16-2009, 04:59 PM
I went riding for the first real time yesterday and found a need for boots. Didn't think that would be a necessity, but sure seems like it after the ride. Any budget boots on the market that are good? Also, what is the difference in ATV and dirtbike boots?

BlasterEaten250
03-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Atv boots have a lugged sole and dirtbike boots are smoother. All I know is next time I won't cheap out on boots, I'm not a huge fan of my msr vx1's. They were about 100 bucks which is pretty cheap for boots.

Stoke88
03-16-2009, 05:38 PM
I picked up some Thor Quadrant boots on clearance from Rocky Mountain for $80. I loved my T30s so I thought I'd try the Quadrants. If you want an extremely comfortable boot get some Alpinestars Tech 3. You can pick up a set for around $170. Well worth the money.

03-16-2009, 05:41 PM
I have to say the Fly Racing may be a cheaper priced boot but I love them. Tried the Thor Quadrant and they didnt feel anywhere close to the Fly. They have held up excellent for I want to say 3 years now stiching still perfect just the sole is ruffed up from the pegs but still plenty more life on them. I actually hate riding wihtout them. Even if i'm just screwing around down the road I wear them because they are more comfortable than shoes. I have even wore the boot walking around concrete for 7 hours up and down stairs and no problems. Fromw hat i ehar though they say the best is Alpinestar Tech boots.

03-16-2009, 06:58 PM
All the cheap alpinestars are u-g-l-y. You gotta pay the big bucks for their good looking ones. Fox has a boot for like 150 ( I think comp 3's?). They have alot of good reviews.

ngates788
03-16-2009, 07:04 PM
i bought some thor quadrant and i really liked em. they've held up pretty well to the abuse ive thrown at em

hypersnyper6947
03-16-2009, 11:28 PM
I got my boots off ebay, they were used so they were already broke in which is awesome. When you get new boots there so stiff you can hardly walk.

racerdan24
03-17-2009, 06:51 AM
dollar for dollar...Thors may be the best middle of the road boot for wear and tear...i have had mine about a year and are holding up good...

dariusld
03-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Best way is to make sure the boot is on sale. RM has a "clearance "and a "scratch and dent section." The latter has better prices. Ebay is another good choice.

DirtMonkey
03-17-2009, 04:19 PM
I bought the fly racing shortie boots from RM and wore them for 6 straight hours right out of the box and my feet didnt bother me and they offer good protection for the price

iownatoyota
03-17-2009, 04:34 PM
i got my alpinestar tech 3's AT's for $150 on sale brand new, best boot ive ever worn so far for the price.

sprayedgt
03-17-2009, 06:07 PM
I bought Fox Tracker boots at cycle gear for about $100 on sale. I've had them for almost a year now and they are holding up very well. Very stiff out of the box, but after about 2 or 3 rides and they were broken in nice.

mfr440
03-18-2009, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Stoke88
... If you want an extremely comfortable boot get some Alpinestars Tech 3. You can pick up a set for around $170. Well worth the money.

I have Tech 3's and LOVE them! Three seasons and still going strong! Great protection, too!! Cannnot be beat for the money.

rinaldi
03-21-2009, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the help everyone, I will look into the Thor Quadrant, Fly, Alpinestar 3 and Fox Comp boot. That brings me to one more question; which boots of the above fit true to size?

I stopped by a local bike shop and tried on the only Fox Comp 5 boot they had which happened to be in my size which is a 10. WAY TOO SMALL and either this was sized wrong or they are not true to size. They didn't have any others to try on, so I am not sure if they are off by 1 size or maybe more.