PDA

View Full Version : Set-up

jeremyj
03-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Hey guys i dont know what i should do about my set up with the stock Suspension
. I'm about 190 and when riding in the trail it feel so hard when hitting stuff. I dont know where it should be at and i dont have a idea how it works. Thanks guys i would put a pic up but it keep saying that the file is too big

cataway
03-16-2009, 09:37 PM
at the top end of the spring there is a kind of nut that needs a spaner wrench to turn it, how far from the top of the shock is it?

jeremyj
03-18-2009, 12:12 PM
I would say that it is about 5 to 7 turns away from being at the top. I dont have nothing like that in the front. Is it more to the top makes it soft and bottom hard and what is good for trail riding and what is good for jumps? Cause i have no clue

charlie211
03-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Download InfranView and convert your pics to a more manageable size in order to upload your view point. It is free and here is the link from CNet.

http://download.cnet.com/IrfanView/3000-2192_4-10021962.html

cataway
03-18-2009, 04:26 PM
jeremyj
i want you to do what i do when i see a bump coming , get off your butt and stand on the pegs ,let your legs act as shock absorbers .

jeremyj
03-18-2009, 04:55 PM
thanks but i knew that lol lol is all the way up is soft and all the way down is hard. that is what i want to know

airmobile101
03-18-2009, 06:38 PM
The shock rings all the way to the top is as soft as its gonna go. Have you tried adjusting the compression yet??? Its the little knob with a flat head slot on the reservoir. If you don't have a spanner wrench, Jack up the front end of the quad to get the tires off the ground. Then use a chesil with a hammer and loosen the top nut first, then loosen the bottom one(will require more effort since the spring tension is applied to the nut).

You have to try your own setup. Nobody can tell yea how to set your shocks up. Its your own personal preference. Sooooooo................... The rings all the way to the top is softer. The rings threaded towards the bottom, harder. Keep in mind, that when you adjust this stuff,it messes with your ride height and preload. Sooooooooo............. Before you don any of that, try adjusting the compression first.

jeremyj
03-18-2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks just what i was looking for

fitbmx358
03-21-2009, 07:53 AM
the tool that came in the little kit on my z was way to big for the nut, wont even fit in the slots