PDA

View Full Version : Nerf Bars

BEAVER.989
03-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Which ones do you guys like? I won't be racing, just pounding the trails.

I'm looking at Pro Armor Pro XC and Pro Armor Sport Series now...

mittman
03-16-2009, 12:21 PM
When i was looking at nerfs Pro Armor Pro XC was one of my choices couple of my friends have them and they look good and hold up well. my other choice was blingstar and just happen to find them on sale for a good price(dc racer nerfs) so I got them and they fit great and are holding up well. If your dead set on pro armor then go with the pro xc.

BEAVER.989
03-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks, that's what I was looking for... Someone who had them or knew someone who did.

Stoke88
03-16-2009, 05:42 PM
I bought a set of AC Blackline pro pegs and when i finally got them mounted they work great. I probably wouldn't buy another set just because of the trouble I had to go though to mount them. I should have gotten the Pro Armors too. Stay away from AC.

03-16-2009, 05:56 PM
I have the pro armor XC. Incredibly durable. When I got mine from a friend as a present for buying on my own my 1st quad both sides where bent so bad you could line up the bolt hole and the edge of the nerf would be no exageration maybe 2 inches off the ground. Bent them a little and quickly put the bolts in there then I put the jack under 1 side at a sime at the outeredge and jacked the whole side of the quad up from the nerfbar. I put all my weight and I had help t bend them back. Did that for both sides and got them straight. No creases or stress marks from bending them like that and they havent bent since. The only complaint I have with my nerf/peg setup is having the stock pegs. They are narrow and you just cant move around as good on them. I figured downt he road I would just get the Fatpegs. Cant complain too much since they were a gift from a close friend and were a trade for the stock heel guards.

mittman
03-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Stoke88
I bought a set of AC Blackline pro pegs and when i finally got them mounted they work great. I probably wouldn't buy another set just because of the trouble I had to go though to mount them. I should have gotten the Pro Armors too. Stay away from AC.

Ac's seem to be like a hit and miss thing they work well/bolt up well and they like them but for other people they say they are junk. I had them on my bike for a year or so and were a pita to put on and was so happy when I bent them. So went with my current blingstars and have been good for a year and I love them

81-Honda-04
03-16-2009, 07:15 PM
I have a pair of ACs and they were a hassle to put on but I love them now that they are on! the only thing is the peg doesnt seem to hold your foot well when it is wet, but they hold up well