PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust too loud!

IcutMetl
03-15-2009, 10:41 PM
I've got a Paul Turner Hi-Rev pipe & fat boy silencer on my 250r. I just repacked the silencer, but for the kind of riding I do, it's pretty damn loud, and the pipe is naturally too high strung. Lots of clutch work & first gear action thru any sort of woods.

I'm thinking a "mid-range" pipe combo would suit me best. I wouldn't mind having a silencer with a spark arrestor built in, but the only engine builder's pipe is the CT. Would the CT mid-range pipe and spark arrestor silencer be a good fit. I'd like to keep it all one brand if possible, and will also get a bore kit done & build the motor to suit at some point as well. I already have a clamp-on sparky as another option.

250Renvy
03-15-2009, 11:03 PM
ESR has a spark arrestor silencer as well as a good range of pipes. FMF is always an option as well. They make the FMF Q silencer and they fit most aftermarket pipes.

Gregjy
03-16-2009, 12:29 AM
I run a Cascade silencer on mine.. Last check passed with flying colors in the Oregon Dunes... I seem to remember it was around 90 decibels.

mfr422
03-16-2009, 04:31 PM
lrd adjustable and an fmf Q the quietest pipe due to metal thickness and forestry legal silencer. the Q is the quietest legal silencer made.

Aceman
03-16-2009, 05:40 PM
I run an LRD adjustable with an FMF Turbine Core 2, it's pretty quiet compared to some of the 4 strokes, plus it has the USFS approved sparky.

IcutMetl
03-16-2009, 09:12 PM
I also noticed the ESR TRX-5 pipe, and their new silencer/spark arrestor combo. Wonder how loud that one is compared to the obnoxious Paul Turner I have now. Is the FMF SST really as big of a waste of money as people say? I never imagine building a balls-out duner, but don't want to hold it back if I want to do like a 310PV someday...