PDA

View Full Version : opinions

tx07400ex
03-15-2009, 08:39 PM
ok im about to buy new tires i have it narrowed down to a few options i want to get some opinions on grip and wear before i decide though(i know i left off all the razrs i rode a 400 with razrs and i hated it great straight line grip but the gravel curves it almost rolled me, same curves faster on my 400 w/ stockers no problem, so there is no point telling me to get razrs its not gonna happen)

bigbad400
03-16-2009, 08:43 AM
sounds like you dont like good traction, my advice is if you like the stockers then just get new stock tires. what your describing is good grip your tires wont let you slide much. all the ones you have picked up there are going to be the same especialy the HDs thats what i have. but if your set on getting dif. ones than stock i would brolly suggest the kenda claws they should let you power slide hard corners and curves better. personaly the "holeshot" style tires are all about the same, some last longer and some bite harder than others but very similar, any of them will be a bad idea if you did not like razers. i had them on my last quad after a set of duro lookalikes (berm raider i think its called) rode identical to the cheap ones. after these hds i have are gone ill prolly try the sedona slingshots. another cheap lookalike that will prolly be just as good as the hds i have now. and i run the sedona cyclones in the dunes too.

hypersnyper6947
03-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Dont get holeshot hds if you dont like side bite, also i heard there incredibly heavy, Depending on where you ride, if you ride trails i would go with the gncc's for sure they were designed for trails.

Gibson
03-16-2009, 06:51 PM
^^^ agreed, i have GNCC's and they get traction on any surface, and they last aa long time. i've had mine for a year and a half and they're only at half tread and i ride my quad almost everyday for at least an hour

tx07400ex
03-16-2009, 08:07 PM
im probably gonna go with the gnccs, the reason i almost rolled with the razrs wasnt side bite but that it slid out so far the fronts were almost catching side bite, the treads on them were too close together i think, they may have been hard track mx tires i dont really know the reason im thinking hds gnccs or klaws is they seem to have wider lug spacing, i ride in ALOT of mud mostly red clay and gumbo very sticky stuff, i almost want to try the mud lite sp's but they would suck when i am just playing around

nskukalek79
03-16-2009, 08:13 PM
i have holeshot HD's and i hate them...they rob too much power because of the weight and they are just too beefy...however they don't seem to wear at all but i wouldn't buy them again, to much money for tires i don't like

n811
03-16-2009, 08:56 PM
I like my HD's Really didn't notice much loss in power?The gained clearance and traction was worth any minimal loss in power that I didn't notice

Honda#4
03-17-2009, 07:56 AM
I had HD's and they sucked in heavy mud the fronts worst than the rears but both pick up alot of mud, there to heavy, and they have alittle to much bite to them, otherwise they last along time which is probably the only good thing about them. Definently get the GNCC tires.