PDA

View Full Version : Helmet

sparky73
03-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Just wondering which of these 2 I should purchase. I don't have any shops around that sell helmets (just HJC) and I'm looking to order online. Has anyone had experience with either of these 2 helmets? Weight? Are they true to size? Post any comments please. I like the AFX, but can't find much about the brand. Then there is Thor, which from what I read is a good brand, but I don't really care for the chrome part by the mouth.

Give me some input guys! :D

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section.. ?)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=330310898741

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220375260762

05LSR250R
03-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Your best bet is to go to your local dealer and find what helmet you like and what size per particular brand. Then go on-line and order. However, if your dealer only carries HJC then that kinda shoots that idea all to hell. Have you considered HJC? I've owned many and think they're a good quality helmet for the money. I would stay away from anything on-line until you have tried on the helmet somewhere and know for sure on the size.

sparky73
03-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by 05LSR250R
Your best bet is to go to your local dealer and find what helmet you like and what size per particular brand. Then go on-line and order. However, if your dealer only carries HJC then that kinda shoots that idea all to hell. Have you considered HJC? I've owned many and think they're a good quality helmet for the money. I would stay away from anything on-line until you have tried on the helmet somewhere and know for sure on the size.

Yes, I did try on a couple of HJC's, and they weren't too bad.. but they didn't have much of a selection. Plus, they are WAY overpriced. I guess maybe I'll have to look around for a different shop, and even if I have to drive an hour+, it beats ordering online and not liking it.

brian76708
03-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by sparky73
Yes, I did try on a couple of HJC's, and they weren't too bad.. but they didn't have much of a selection. Plus, they are WAY overpriced. I guess maybe I'll have to look around for a different shop, and even if I have to drive an hour+, it beats ordering online and not liking it.

overpriced ??? HJC are really reasonable in my book.

sparky73
03-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by brian76708
overpriced ??? HJC are really reasonable in my book.

I definitely agree, BUT like I said.. there isn't many shops around me that sell a decent quality helmet. The one shop that does, sells HJC. The cheapest helmet I found there was $89.99 and that was a youth. I did find 1 or 2 that I would consider, but I think one was 149.99 and one was 179.99. That's double the price I can find them for online, and I didn't even care for them a whole lot.

Money isn't a huge deal, considering I just dropped $4000 on the quad, and this is keeping me safe.. but if I can get a helmet I like a lot more, for half the price.. what the hell :D

brian76708
03-16-2009, 02:45 PM
yea i need a new helmet bad being mine is elcheapo and spray painted black and chipping. this is the helmet i was looking at getting but i think they discontinued it because they stopped selling it on rockymountainatv.

http://www.helmetsetc.com/detail.asp?product_id=HJC-CLX5N-FANG-MC1

sparky73
03-16-2009, 02:49 PM
That's one sick looking helmet Brian! Do they have one in yellow? :) lol

ProspectorJim
03-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by sparky73
I definitely agree, BUT like I said.. there isn't many shops around me that sell a decent quality helmet. The one shop that does, sells HJC. The cheapest helmet I found there was $89.99 and that was a youth. I did find 1 or 2 that I would consider, but I think one was 149.99 and one was 179.99. That's double the price I can find them for online, and I didn't even care for them a whole lot.

Money isn't a huge deal, considering I just dropped $4000 on the quad, and this is keeping me safe.. but if I can get a helmet I like a lot more, for half the price.. what the hell :D

http://www.btosports.com/c/THOR-H

I have the reed force, awesome helmet.