PDA

View Full Version : freestyle suspension! elka??

dwb_style
03-15-2009, 06:48 PM
i looking to put some long travel suspension on my 450r and i do mostly freestyle. i really havent heard many people running elkas and ive accually been told that elkas wasnt that great. i wuz told to go with pep but im jus looking for more advice on what to go with and what to look for. thanks

BlaineKaiser450
03-15-2009, 06:57 PM
PEP makes the best shocks on the market

dwb_style
03-15-2009, 07:22 PM
yeah but they a lil above my price range. looking for someting a lil cheaper but will also be problem free

veenser2000
03-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by dwb_style
i looking to put some long travel suspension on my 450r and i do mostly freestyle. i really havent heard many people running elkas and ive accually been told that elkas wasnt that great. i wuz told to go with pep but im jus looking for more advice on what to go with and what to look for. thanks

lol why does everyone hate elka? I have their elites and they are good but i agree with everyone when saying that i would never send them back to ealk but the shocks themselves are not bad.

03-15-2009, 09:24 PM
I've seen people do freestyle on stock and Works AT Steeler shocks. Dont really think you need the best of the best for that type of application just something valved right so your not bottoming out everytime you land and some room for landing when you miss the sweet spot in the landing a few times.

TAZ450r
03-16-2009, 09:26 AM
i don't think you need some awsome shocks for freestyle, i think the PEP race series or PEP ltd mass should be fine. I use stock shocks and 2+ arms for freestyle. if i got some money i would buy the cheep pep.

http://sfracingonline.com/pep.html

vAnS_77
03-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by veenser2000
lol why does everyone hate elka? I have their elites and they are good but i agree with everyone when saying that i would never send them back to ealk but the shocks themselves are not bad.

Honestly, just get them re valved. The baja bike 700xx uses elka re valved..So they can't be THAT bad lol. If a bike made to win is using them. Idk what makes a shock good then.

GIXXER1KR
03-16-2009, 05:06 PM
Call and speak to Jim at Motowoz.Top notch quality and customer service.U talk to the builder.Ive ridden them all and if there set up properly u will be more than happy with PEP or Motowoz.Im running Motowoz now and couldnt be happier.Alot cheaper price too.