PDA

View Full Version : tire not holding air

rollie
03-15-2009, 05:28 PM
one of my front tires isnt holding air, after like 3 days it looses a noticable amount of air. there brand new kendas on brand new hipers, i sprayed them down, put them underwater and cant find any leak...any ideas??

eastside 400
03-15-2009, 05:49 PM
take the beadlock ring off and put some silicone under it and bolt it back on, that may work, if they arent loosing alot of air quickily i would just let it go. beadlocks are a pain sometimes to get them to hold air 100%

rollie
03-15-2009, 06:50 PM
it sucks because 3 out of the 4 are holding air perfectly, but the 4th one goes flat after 2 days

feuerstack411
03-15-2009, 06:51 PM
front or rear? I had some brand new front holeshots and they wouldnt hold air. Turns out they sent me tires with a f'ed up bead.

rollie
03-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Front.i put them under water and soaked them in windex and i cant get them to bubble up anywhere.

Warnerade
03-15-2009, 07:44 PM
try nitrogen

mxtuner
03-16-2009, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by rollie
Front.i put them under water and soaked them in windex and i cant get them to bubble up anywhere.

Chances are you wont see it bubble up anywhere if it takes 2 days to leak with the little amount of air in it, unlesss you mess around with it for a half hour slowly.

JJs450r
03-16-2009, 08:26 AM
you might have to take the tire off again and add some bead sealer

brian76708
03-16-2009, 09:10 AM
valve stem???

derekhonda
03-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Or you might take both your front tires back off the rims and switch them. That way atleast it would isolate if it is a rim problem, a tire problem, or just a possible bad mount job the first time.

Robin Hood
03-16-2009, 11:28 AM
I had the same problem. Take the tire off then take the center section of the HiPer apart. There is a gasket/Oring that seals the aluminum section to the rest of the wheel and sometimes it slips out of the groove when they assemble the wheels. I put it back in place and then applied a coating of silicone to the Oring then re-assembled it. Let it cure for an hour or two then remount your tires.

If you want to check where the leak is coming from. Over inflate your tire a bit then cover it with soapy water.

Hope this helps.

hypersnyper6947
03-16-2009, 11:44 AM
my front 2 tires never hold air, they used to when i had my other tires on, then i bought brand new kenda's when i first mounted them one of them would loose air the same way as this guy, now they both wont hold air. What is bead sealer? Any tips for non bead lock wheels?

Im not trying to steal your thread i just figured why start the same thread when i have pretty much the same question.

Scro
03-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Over-inflate the tire, and submerge in water. You will more than likely see where it is leaking, even if it is a slow leak. I've had some do the same thing. When I submerged it in water, I would only see a single bubble every couple seconds. Can't remember what the problem was though.

rollie
03-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
I had the same problem. Take the tire off then take the center section of the HiPer apart. There is a gasket/Oring that seals the aluminum section to the rest of the wheel and sometimes it slips out of the groove when they assemble the wheels. I put it back in place and then applied a coating of silicone to the Oring then re-assembled it. Let it cure for an hour or two then remount your tires.

If you want to check where the leak is coming from. Over inflate your tire a bit then cover it with soapy water.

Hope this helps.

this is exactly what happened, i tightened them up but there still leaking a tiny bit, so i might have to take them apart:mad:

quad2xtreme
03-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood

Hope this helps.

X2 for me.

SRH
03-16-2009, 02:08 PM
one of my front tires isnt holding air, after like 3 days it looses a noticable amount of air. there brand new kendas on brand new hipers, i sprayed them down, put them underwater and cant find any leak...any ideas??

kendas are terrible tires, ive never had a set mounted on hipers that held air...junk tires....

itp and maxxis no problems at all

rollie
03-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by SRH

kendas are terrible tires, ive never had a set mounted on hipers that held air...junk tires....

itp and maxxis no problems at all

i personally love kenda tires.

it is leaking from the center hub bolts though. its holding for now but im going to wait a few hours to see

rollie
03-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Where can i get silicone??

Sjorge450R
03-17-2009, 10:14 AM
the only haters of kenda tires are those that never try them. I love my klaw fronts and knarly rears, best setup i have tried. Never once have gotten stuck with the knarlys on the back.... and Josh you can get silicone at Home-Depot or Lowes or any auto store. It comes in a caulk gun tube or a little squeeze tube that RTV sealant comes in. Just make sure you follow the directions and let the silicone dry before you try to put air in the tires.

JJs450r
03-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Where can i get silicone??

lowes, home depot, wally world, autozone, hardware stores, plumbing supply stores alot of places sell it.

SRH
03-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
the only haters of kenda tires are those that never try them. I love my klaw fronts and knarly rears, best setup i have tried. Never once have gotten stuck with the knarlys on the back.... and Josh you can get silicone at Home-Depot or Lowes or any auto store. It comes in a caulk gun tube or a little squeeze tube that RTV sealant comes in. Just make sure you follow the directions and let the silicone dry before you try to put air in the tires.

:chinese: did i mention i had 2 sets of kendas...then went with holeshots and had absolutely no problems

oh btw, when i first got my wheels the o ring was out of the groove, i called hiper and they sent me all new o rings for free