PDA

View Full Version : Troubleshooting CR250 Ignition

250r__Ice
03-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Got a 2001 cr250 complete ignition on my 250R. Went riding last week with no problems.
Came back to my buddys garage where we all met for the ride, turned it off, we all talked for a while. When I went to start it nothing. Checked the plug and no fire. Changed three different plugs, still no fire.Took the stator cover off and it was clean and dry and looked okay. Hauled it home and started troubleshooting. Checked the wiring harness and no breaks or shorts. Ohmed the stator and coil and they seem alright and not grounded. Is there anyway to troubleshoot the cdi. Has anybody had this to happen. One minute it was fine and the next it was dead. Just did it all at once.
Thanks

1promodfan
03-15-2009, 05:12 PM
My brother bike did the same thing once. We went riding.......no problems....shut it off, and nothing. It was his CDI, I hope this helps you out.

250r__Ice
03-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Yeah I figure its the cdi. I was hoping that it was just a loose wire or something like that.
But it happened so sudden. No warning, no missing cuttin out or anything. Was running fine, cut it off. Tried to start it and it was dead as a door nail, nothin. Does anybody know if CR's have trouble with the cdi.
Thanks