PDA

View Full Version : 450R carb installation on 440ex

Redsand069
03-15-2009, 11:46 AM
i have an 03 honda 400ex. when i bought it, it had already had the 440 big bore kit done to it with wiseco pistons, with a stage 2 cam. It has a white brothers e series exhaust, i put a K&N filter on it with open airbox with a outerwears pre-filter on the box. it has a stock cdi box in it, but the guy i bought if from put a rev limitor on it. i want to get a performance cdi box . whats a good one to get? do i need to have a rev limitor on it? i also purchased an 05 450r carburetor to install. whats a good jetting to atleast get me close to start off with, then i can fine tune it from there? can i use everything from my 03 400 ex: cables, hoses, extc.. on the installation of the 450r carb, or do i have to get 450r parts to use?

hypersnyper6947
03-15-2009, 04:34 PM
There is an entire sticky thread on this at the top, check it out,

My mods are in my sig and im at a 178 main 48 pilot needle on 4th slot from the top.

zrpilot
03-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Redsand069
i have an 03 honda 400ex. when i bought it, it had already had the 440 big bore kit done to it with wiseco pistons, with a stage 2 cam. It has a white brothers e series exhaust, i put a K&N filter on it with open airbox with a outerwears pre-filter on the box. it has a stock cdi box in it, but the guy i bought if from put a rev limitor on it. i want to get a performance cdi box . whats a good one to get? do i need to have a rev limitor on it? i also purchased an 05 450r carburetor to install. whats a good jetting to atleast get me close to start off with, then i can fine tune it from there? can i use everything from my 03 400 ex: cables, hoses, extc.. on the installation of the 450r carb, or do i have to get 450r parts to use?

The jetting recommendations above are going to get you close. you will need a 450R throttle cable and a 450R fuel hose. If the carb is used I would replace the hot start plunger as well.

BTW a ZRPILOT adapter makes the install a *WHOLE* lot easier! :devil:

Here is a link to my 450R carb installation that shows you how, with some pictures!!!!

My 450R carb install (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=314423)