PDA

View Full Version : Castor and Camber on ATV 4 Play???

cdoskocil9
03-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Anyone running Atv 4 Play arms have a thread count to correctly set up the castor and camber???

Thanks

T@AFP
03-17-2009, 07:18 AM
We wouldn't suggest the "thread count" method for adjusting your caster/camber. There are too many variables with that. We suggest an angle finder. It is a little more accurate.

cdoskocil9
03-17-2009, 07:37 AM
Ok kool I will do it that way...... Do you have any reccomended degrees to use?

grantmi
03-17-2009, 10:50 AM
Houser has some Caster and Camber recommendations on their website.

http://www.houser-racing.com/WSWrapper.jsp?mypage=Store_Install_Guides.htm

Scroll to the bottom, you will see one for caster and one for camber.

TNT
03-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Yeah I use an angle finder but for caster it's hard to line up to the center-lines of the threads of the upper and lower ball joints, my finder isn't that short, so I usually get under the front end with a birds eye view and try and eye ball them. Well if I point the angle finder in and out and don't keep it level in all directions in can affect your reading. Anyone know a better way to this? I thought of making a tool to bring the center-lines out to a level vertical surface so I can rest my angle finder against it but it's hard to figure a way to pick up on the ball joint center-lines and theres not a lot of room between arms.

Can anyone understand what the hect I'm talking about or got the same problem lol?

I like those Houser silicast arms, takes the guess work out of caster adjusting and makes it easy!