PDA

View Full Version : I Think I've Been Scammed

Pvt. Maggot
12-27-2002, 03:59 PM
Well,
I think i've been scammed by 250xman....i sent him 39 dollars for a cobra full system pipe...its been weeks almost a month or more no pipe, i've sent him tons of e-mail's and pms either 1 he's dead 2 his computer is in a billion peices or 3 he scammed me lol its not a big deal it was only 39 bucks but hey i want my pipe :mad: oh well any info on this guy? anyone know him or live by him?
Heres the link if you guys wanna check it out http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32572&highlight=Cobra I really don't know what to do?
Jake

Pvt. Maggot
12-27-2002, 04:18 PM
Come on guys help me out :(

killed300ex
12-27-2002, 04:32 PM
well if i were u id call the psot office and try to get him for mail fraud then after that take the money save a lil more and buy a wb or soethting like that with pipes you pay for what you get in my opinion and witht he dg/ cobra pipes are cheap ccause you get very minimal power gains and alot of noise (not worth it in my opinion) so talk to the post office and see what they want you to do about it
killed

12-27-2002, 04:40 PM
If what killed said the mailf raud works id go for that... but I think it's a lil more harder than that. Call his house..

Braff1
12-28-2002, 08:20 AM
I just went through this same senerio with another person. It started off with the nerf bars that I was buying were stolen from his garage. He agreed to send my money back. When I called him back his girlfriend forgot to mail it out, then he broke his leg, then it was "yea sorry about that I'll mail it out tomorrow". Then he started not returing phone calls and messages, email, and pm. I finally sent him a letter where I was taking him to small claims court. come to find out he was in jail and his girlfriend finally mailed me my money back.

Good luck, keep up the pressure.

joeroadking
12-28-2002, 08:29 AM
I would call directory assistance and get his home # and call consider it a lesson learned better$39.00 better than 3900. later in life!cheap lesson next time send a postal money order(bought at post office) with signuture required then you would have recourse and proof of payment.

bandit390
12-28-2002, 08:52 AM
Wait another month. 3 weeks isnt that long.

GT300
12-28-2002, 01:57 PM
I smell a scam.

Instinctz
12-28-2002, 02:04 PM
All I smell is a stinky parts seller, he didnt feel the money was worth the trouble to keep your shipping status a priority.

4punksdad
12-29-2002, 09:14 AM
I hate to see members taking advantage of each other. Stay on him & see if you can get him to respond. You have his address.......so you could look up his phone number on any search engine.

DaveEX7
12-29-2002, 01:14 PM
hes not dead.... he juss made a post today at 12:53, he prob scammed u

joeroadking
12-29-2002, 03:31 PM
250x man posted like 10 times today why don"t you ask him in one of those threads where your parts are and at least give the man a chance to defend himself here on the forum? It almost seem as though you and him are having a communacation problem. he is selling parts to other people in other threads some one should get to the bottom of what must be a misunderstanding. just my opionion after taking a closer look

Pvt. Maggot
12-29-2002, 03:50 PM
Well he sent me a pm this is what it said

"sorry man i never got any emails and this is the 1st PM ive gotten from you about the money, i know you sent it but i havent got it yet. i pormise once it gets here i'll let you know "

It might be possible it got mixed up with x-mas mail and is taking longer to get there....or hes lying i sent him 5 pms or more and i don't think they just disapeared....all i can do is wait and see...i'll prob give him 2 more weeks...then i'll give his parents a little call :devil
Jake

killed300ex
12-29-2002, 04:21 PM
talk to 4 punks i beleive you can tell if he has received and opend your other pm messages to him. Not positive but worth a try I have a feeling he is bs youbut jmho
killed

Pvt. Maggot
12-29-2002, 06:53 PM
No...he can't but i sent ben a pm hopefully he will be able to find out some info me me...i think it would be pretty bad if he scammed me out of 39 dollars that would show what kind of person he is....

Guy400
12-29-2002, 06:58 PM
How did you send the money to him? Was it cash, a check or a money order? If it was cash than you're at the mercy of his honesty. If it was a check you can call your bank to find out if he's cashed it yet. If it was a money order than there should be a number on your copy where you can call and find out if it's been cashed.

I'm with Joe, it's sickening to hear about members taking advantage of other members.

Pvt. Maggot
12-29-2002, 07:03 PM
It was a money order...like i said maybe it was mixed up in x-mas mail and its taking longer i'm gonna trust him for a little while longer....then maybe me my knifes and my ct70 need to take a trip to texas :devil

12-29-2002, 08:20 PM
DUDE!!!! you shouldnt have posted that on here,if that guy turns up dead u could be a suspect:huh

Here how you do all internet transactions:
1.When you send a Money Order keep your stub
2.Send it Pirority Mail its more secure
3.Put DELIVERY CONFERMATION on the Pirority envelope(you can go to usps.com and track the envelope)

All together these items at the post office shouldnt be more than $6 (m.o charge included)

Mxbubs
12-29-2002, 09:04 PM
Look on the bright side. You didnt get taken for 800$ by Sandragonmotorsports.com like I did. A lesson learned fella, and not at a bad price, consider yourself lucky.:D

HotRod2Fitty
12-29-2002, 09:06 PM
Id pm the sumbeotch and complain!!!

Pvt. Maggot
12-30-2002, 05:56 AM
Ahhh...A day gos past i wonder if the ups man will have a package for me today? prolly not...he prob used my money to buy a hooker that was really a guy and got aids...:huh

SGA
12-30-2002, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
I hate to see members taking advantage of each other. Stay on him & see if you can get him to respond. You have his address.......so you could look up his phone number on any search engine.
I agree with 4punks. Also use the phone number on the back of the money order copy/reciept. It will tell you if its been cashed or not. Usually its automated. You punch in the # of the MO and it tells you if its been cashed.
You do have the receipt dont you?