PDA

View Full Version : Racerdan-twinwall install issue/question

rinaldi
03-14-2009, 08:26 PM
I installed the twinwall Renthal kit you have and have an issue with the install of the right grip. There is just not enough room on the right side of the bar to mount the grip. I have the brake slid all the way over and then the thumb throttle pushed up against it and still am short on my right grip. It measures about 4 inches, but a standard grip measures about 5 1/4". The thumb trottle has an extension that prevents it from sliding flush against the brake. What did you do?

ALso, the starter housing on the left side of the bars has a knob in the middle of the round part that clamps around the bars? Didn't notice it taking it off the stock bars, but it prevents the housing from sitting flush. Did you trim this or even have this issue?

racerdan24
03-14-2009, 08:36 PM
there i believe is a tab that you can knock off to give you more room on the thumb throttle...that will allow you to move the throttle over closer to the lever and then slide the grip on. You will have to hack saw....slowly...on the tab...then knock it off with a screw driver....take your time...or if you have a grinder...you can grind the tab off to give you the room you need. Hope it makes sense...

03-14-2009, 10:59 PM
the housing wont sit perfectly flush but its no issue... as for the tab, do what Dan said. I took a grinder to mine and got rid of it. Now its the perfect fit.

rinaldi
03-15-2009, 06:59 AM
I will trim it off this am.

racerdan24
03-15-2009, 08:33 AM
I was lucky because i needed to remove the tab to install my handguards on the OEM bars and was already gone when i switched to the twinwalls. Seems like there is never enough room for everything. I have not added my handguards back on yet and may or may not add them back on to the bars. Let me know how you make out....

rinaldi
03-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Trimmed it off and got the grip mounted. The whole tab doesn't need to be trimmed since it cannot sit "flush" with the brake mount anyway. It left me about 1/2 inch of grip that extended beyond the bar. That is about the width of a bar end which should be no problem.

Now I am debating on getting it trashed. The local ATV park is nothing but mud. I went there with my son yesterday and he took his 50cc, but we didn't ride. Once I saw how muddy it was I knew he wouldn't be able to ride in it. But I am going alone today and am still debating on if it is worth it.