View Full Version : Elka shocks/ Sagging device

RED121572
12-27-2002, 02:58 PM
What exactly is the sagging device and what does it do??

Need input. :D

Nausty
12-27-2002, 03:02 PM
It is the top spring of the shock that is really small and soft enough so that it compresses under the quads weight just sitting there. The reason for it is so that the quad sits lower and handles better and also tracks better through the rough stuff.

RED121572
12-27-2002, 03:08 PM
Very well explained, thank you sir! I see your monster has Elka's on it? What model are yours and in your opinion, is it worth spending a grand on a good set of Elka's?

RED

Nausty
12-27-2002, 05:51 PM
I got the triple rates with ssd with compression and preload adjust. I think it was money well spent, you can't even compare it to stock and you go much faster though everything. Its lower so it handles better, tracks better though the whoops and so much smoother ride though trails and mx its not even comparible I feel like I can jump anything. One mistake I made was having my rear shock rebuilt, I say just leave your rear shock stock until you can afford a aftermarket replacement. I blew the oil seals on the stock shock twice and bent the shaft from jumping and racing it a few times with a blown rear shock. Not to mention the performance differant between the rebuilt rear and aftermarket rear. Aftermarket rear has the compression adjust which is very useful and the overall fit and finnish for $200 more than aftermarket rebuild.

stocktires
12-27-2002, 05:58 PM
Same as nausty said, its just that the springs are exactly much shorter, just much softer, so that when your in the air the shocks fully extend, and while riding they are more compressed than a non-ssg shock

RED121572
12-27-2002, 06:51 PM
Thanks guys for taking the time to give me your input.:D :D

stocktires
12-28-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by stocktires
Same as nausty said, its just that the springs are exactly much shorter, just much softer, so that when your in the air the shocks fully extend, and while riding they are more compressed than a non-ssg shock

CORRECTION, I meant to say AREN'T exactly much shorter, sry

Sparks425Ex
12-29-2002, 09:13 AM
I got Elka Triple Rates wirh Comp Adj and SSD and I can't wait to try them out. As soon as my quad gets back togeather I will be ripping around again.

I have riding on a pair and I can say that I would never get another shock if I had to do it again. For the Price and performance you can't beat them.