PDA

View Full Version : bike cleaner

Chet
03-14-2009, 05:27 PM
I was messing around with different cleaners, simple green ect, most good ones are expensive, I have to say I made a mix up and it worked better than all I have bought, this mix works so good I have to spread the word, start off by going to your local dollar store, Dollar tree Dollar General ect, pick up a couple bottles of citrus cleaner, a got a big bottle almost 2 liters for a buck and while there get some cheap laundry detergent, now we are ready to start, 50% fuel oil, 25% citrus cleaner & 25% laundry detergent, shake it up and put in a spray bottle, I sprayed the WHOLE bike let it set 2 -3 minutes & hose it off, this stuff cleaned the rims plastic and almost cleaned the sprocket in one application. this mix has to be tried to believe it, no more buying expensive cleaners, had a small oil spill on my driveway, sprayed it and hosed it off. let me know who tries it and see what ya think.

Chet

BossHogg420
03-14-2009, 05:29 PM
what do u mean fuel oil?

rideracelivemx7
03-14-2009, 06:10 PM
x2 :huh :huh

Chet
03-14-2009, 08:39 PM
fuel oil is home heating fuel oil for furnaces or just use kerosene

racerdan24
03-14-2009, 08:50 PM
chet...you sound like the mad chemist! i am fortuante enough to work for an rv cleaner company and get all my chit for free....

omeeomy
03-15-2009, 05:15 AM
doesnt the fuel oil take away all the greese in your ball joints and everything else ?

jcs003
03-15-2009, 08:46 AM
i wouldn't recommend mixing chemicals unless you have proper training. mixing the wrong chemicals can produce carcenigons and could cause serious lung issues or worse. don't be offended, just something i picked in chemistry when i was in college.

a pressure washer works great. just keep it away from carb/intake area and wire connections.

Honda#4
03-15-2009, 10:42 AM
All I use is Armor All for the plastics,Mothers for nerfs and wheels etc etc, and Black Magic for the seat.

Chet
03-15-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by jcs003
i wouldn't recommend mixing chemicals unless you have proper training. mixing the wrong chemicals can produce carcenigons and could cause serious lung issues or worse. don't be offended, just something i picked in chemistry when i was in college.

a pressure washer works great. just keep it away from carb/intake area and wire connections.

If you don't want to try it no issue, I know all about the MSDS (material safety data sheet) been in the business 45yrs, and each cleaner and there are no dangers, it is a simple effective solution that works, sorry no pressure washer here I was down that road and went thru alot of bushing and bearing failures.

Chet

jcs003
03-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Chet
If you don't want to try it no issue, I know all about the MSDS (material safety data sheet) been in the business 45yrs, and each cleaner and there are no dangers, it is a simple effective solution that works, sorry no pressure washer here I was down that road and went thru alot of bushing and bearing failures.

Chet

i got you. just trying to spread the tiny amount of knowledge i got, and hope to gain some from the guys around here. just looking out. never trying to be a know-it-all.

honda400ex2003
03-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Castrol superclean works pretty good. It is more of an acidic substance and takes the stuff off pretty good. I use it in a spray bottle, let it sit and rinse it off most of the time. If it is really bad then I have to scrub alittle. Good luck, steve

Chet
03-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by jcs003
i got you. just trying to spread the tiny amount of knowledge i got, and hope to gain some from the guys around here. just looking out. never trying to be a know-it-all.

that is the way to be.... your knowledge will pay off as you go along, just passing along a mix that is cheap and effective cleaner. got tired of paying the big bucks for all the brand name products

have a good one,

Chet

jcs003
03-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Chet
that is the way to be.... your knowledge will pay off as you go along, just passing along a mix that is cheap and effective cleaner. got tired of paying the big bucks for all the brand name products

have a good one,

Chet

yes sir, this is why we have a good membership here. people are fair and knowledgable. just like you, we are the experimental type and want to do our own work. our backgrounds are rarely tried and we trust the info of others.

keep www.exriders.com going strong.

honda400ex2003
03-15-2009, 07:16 PM
YYYEEEAAAHHH!!!!^^^^^ This site is great!!!! Steve

Dylanfalcone
03-15-2009, 08:02 PM
We use a special mixture we got from our grandad who has been using it for years....it looks like strawberry milk or peptobismol.....it cleans anythig and everything....just put it on like armour all, then bout twenty min later wash it and it looks good as new...

Chet
03-16-2009, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Dylanfalcone
We use a special mixture we got from our grandad who has been using it for years....it looks like strawberry milk or peptobismol.....it cleans anythig and everything....just put it on like armour all, then bout twenty min later wash it and it looks good as new...

that is the color of my mix, exactly!

Dylanfalcone
03-16-2009, 05:45 AM
Haha put some on your dasboard and see how it keeps an armor all for four weeks