PDA

View Full Version : water pump question

dober250R
03-14-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm tearing my whole motor down to get it powdercoated and I have the clutch cover off and the water pump cover off. I took out the impeller, mech. seal, bearing, rubber seal and shaft. Does the pressed in metal part that is on the outside come out also? I boogered it up pullin the bearing out cause I had the bearing puller in 2 far..... I looked up that part on the fiche, but it wasn't there!!! If I can't get a new one, i'll be lookin for a clutch cover...If you're looking at the water pump from the outside, it's the only thing that's left in the case when you take everything out. Was I not supposed to try and remove this?

d3ktrix
03-14-2009, 04:48 PM
That thin metal thing is part of the mechanical seal. If you pulled the mechanical seal out and that's still in there that means you broke it I think. I was planning on replacing mine when I took it apart so I just yanked it out and some thin plastic like snapped off when I pulled the seal off the that thin metal your talking about.
That's why you can't see it on the exploded parts view, its the back part of the mechanical seal.
If you have it apart its good to replace it anyway. Expensive lil pos though :P

dober250R
03-14-2009, 06:27 PM
anyone else have any thoughts?