PDA

View Full Version : Help Save our track!!!

nacnac
03-14-2009, 12:49 PM
MY NAME ANGELA FROM UTOPIA MOTOCROSS & ATV PARK IN DEFUNIAK SPRINGS, FL. WE ARE IN A BATTLE WITH WALTON COUNTY CODE ENFORCEMENT. WHEN WE INITIALLY PURCHASED THIS LAND TO OPEN A SMALL TRACK, WE WERE TOLD BY A PLANNER THAT WE WERE ZONED PROPERLY AND COULD OPEN A TRACK, AFTER INVESTING $200,000 WE ARE NOW TOLD THAT WE HAVE TO GET A LAND USE CHANGE IN ORDER TO OPERATE THE TRACK. WE HAVE 1 NEIGHBOR THAT IS COMPLAINING AND CAUSING US ALL KINDS OF GRIEVE. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO GET AN APPLICATION FOR A LAND USE CHANGE AND KEEP GETTING THE RUNAROUND. I HAVE TO APPEAR BEFORE THE BOARD FOR A HEARING ON MARCH 19TH @ 6:00 P.M. THIS IS WHY I NEED YOUR HELP----I HAVE STARTED A PETITION ON OUR WEBSITE--- WWW.UTOPIAMXPARK.COM--- AND NEED AS MANY SIGNATURES AS POSSIBLE. ALSO ANYONE IN THE WALTON COUNTY AREA I COULD USE SUPPORT AT THE HEARING. I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN ADVANCE AND HOPEFULLY WE CAN ALL STAND TOGETHER TO KEEP MOTOCROSS ALIVE!! CALL ANGIE AT 850-316-7913 IF YOU NEED MORE DETAILS OR EMAIL ME AT UTOPIAMOTOCROSS144@YAHOO.COM.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT
ANGIE & CHRIS MILLER
UTOPIA MOTOCROSS PARK

05LSR250R
03-14-2009, 02:09 PM
The petition link didn't work for me!

nacnac
03-14-2009, 02:14 PM
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/HELP-SAVE-UTOPIA-MX-PARK

This is the actual page thank you for letting me know I will fix it

05LSR250R
03-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Thanks for updating the link.....we signed.

Good luck.

ewathen
03-14-2009, 04:55 PM
You need to contact you County Executive, Commissioner or Council member, what ever you have, and speak directly with them. This will be your best bet. Tell them how you expect to bring business into the area and how it will be good to stimulate the economy. Also mention the money you have already pu into it. The petition won't do much if it is signed by people outside of the county.

I am an elected local official in Indiana and if you have VOTERS call the local officials and talk to them about the situation you will get the best results. You can be passionate, but be courteuos.

Eric

quad2xtreme
03-14-2009, 06:48 PM
I signed my brothers name...he lives in Kissimmee.

nacnac
03-15-2009, 12:29 PM
We are going in front on the commisioners.....This is a little town with people who obviously don't want change and money in their economy, but I have gotten some great information from many people and I thank all of you.