PDA

View Full Version : Not charging

HOBS DS450
03-14-2009, 08:45 AM
Anyone had a problem with this? I just got it back for the flywheel recall and now its not charging. Battery voltage while running is what ever the battery is. It just slowly drains. I took apart everything yesterday to see if they forgot to hook something up but did not find anything. Man this stinks. Its been a month, I want to ride.

coryatver
03-14-2009, 08:54 AM
that stinks man. take it back and tell them to fix it right this time.

HOBS DS450
03-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Oh I went down there and had some words with them yesterday but they still said it would be monday at the soonest before they can look at it. I'm not really happy about the whole thing just want to ride this weekend.

BSTURDIVANT
03-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Check the fuse under seat!

HOBS DS450
03-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Just checked again even swapped fuses even though they tested good, still nothing. I need to get a maintenance book because this owners manual is not very informative. What could they have screwed up when doing the flywheel bolts?

On another note, man this thing is efficient. It will run along time without an alt., on a full charged battery that is.:D

race proven
03-15-2009, 12:07 AM
The wires coming out of the stator go behind a metal cover it is easy to pench the wires betwen the cover and the cyl. head also check both plugs one on top of the head and the other back by the air box that one is hard to get to.I have seen the voltage reg. plug come un done also thats the one on the right side of the sub frame.Maybe that helps good luck.

TNT
03-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Let me know if you have not found the prob..it can be alot of things, I'll give you a step by step procedure to find it.

HOBS DS450
03-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I ended up finding it. They pinched the harness that runs to the back. They did quite the number on it too. I'm going to bring it in and show them tomorrow. I'm actually really suprised that it started charging after I took it out from behind the bolt. I'll put up some pics tomorrow of where it was. I know I can fix it but I want them to see this.