PDA

View Full Version : Rev box ??

HiperEX
12-27-2002, 02:07 PM
Ok i know that you can buy a better rev box but can u do anything to your stock one to make it like the others like drill some spot out and could someone post a pic of the rev box please i dont really know where it is and i lost my owners manual. thanks

Pappy
12-27-2002, 02:13 PM
why do you need one? it will not make any marked performance improvements.....it will make your quad harder to start. ....it will drain your wallet for no gain.

sorry...i just dont wanna see ya waste yer cash:p

if you had a ton of engine work that would allow the engine to make horsepower above the stock rev limiter it would serve a purpose....but on a stock engine it doesnt.

btw....its a small black box located under your right front headlight.( not right under it but close to there) it has a rubber housing that wraps around it...ya cant miss it.

sorry for the rant...im still pissed i bought one:grr

HiperEX
12-27-2002, 02:14 PM
ok it was just a thought i never said i was goin to get one or anything.

Pappy
12-27-2002, 02:16 PM
well if you do....get the skinny on using the xr400 stock box...it will save ya a few pennies;)

jaime_honda
12-27-2002, 04:11 PM
Hey, I just got a rev box after I had some engine work down and it seems to run a lot better. If you have had engine work down to your engine, you should not have any problems startin it, even in the cold. I live in south dakota and I go chash my cows every morning and I have no problems. I have a IMS 440 kit, with a racing cam by web cam inc along with shortened valve guides, oversized valves and heavy duty valve springs. Plus tons on aftermarket parts that would take to long to list. Below is a picture of my quad, well it is actually CLEAN.:blah

Maryland 400EX
12-27-2002, 05:34 PM
Very nice Jaime. What kind of rims are those?

jaime_honda
12-27-2002, 07:06 PM
Well thanks, they are douglas red label or .190. The backs are 8" rims and the fronts are 10".:blah