PDA

View Full Version : help! jet part numbers?

sandalanalyst
03-13-2009, 11:37 PM
i just got a 2000 400ex, supposedly got the 440 kit..? has dg slip on.. its cold up here havent had much of a chance to dig in yet... but i havent seen the inside of this carb, can someone point me in the direction of what style main and pilot,.......round? hex? tall? short? keihin part numbers would be great...? so far from a site i found i got this but not sure if its right....
main-99101-357-xxx0 x=size of jet
pilot-n424-21-xxx

can anyone confirm this so i can order the sizes i want... or point to where im sure this info already is, ive read over 5 billion trillion kazillion threads.. sorry for such long post

BULLET99Z28
03-14-2009, 04:23 AM
Just look in the "articles" section at the top of the pages, good basic carb jetting article there. Once you pull the float bowl, take out the two brass "screws" in the bottom of the carb, they will be numbered.

drew416ex
03-14-2009, 07:41 AM
Yes the main is 99101-357 and you can use n424-21. It is a little longer than the stock jet, but it works fine and is used by many on this site because it is much easier to get than the short one.

sandalanalyst
03-14-2009, 11:42 AM
bullet, i dont think you understood what i was asking, thanks for ur time though, drew.. thank you. so the longer pilot will work for sure? my uncle owns a sport shop, i think i could get the shorter one, if that will work better, i plan on removing my choke, so i just want to do it right the first time, the longer ones ok? will there be any differance in running and performance if i can find the shorter one? any part number for the right one? if they make em i think i could get the right one... thanks

drew416ex
03-14-2009, 02:08 PM
The long ones work no different from the short. Im not real sure of the part number for the short one. But the long one is fine.