PDA

View Full Version : rekluse pro start

rcr4w
03-13-2009, 07:32 PM
to all of you on the fence about a rekluse pro start for your ltr mine works awesome was an easy install about 30min IT STILL COMPRESSION BREAKS contrary to other posts all the way down to just above idle this would be a great addition to any ltr my wife who is always scared to ride a bike with a clutch was out infront of the house riding 2nd gear wheelies after 10 minutes of playin around which is fun to watch not to mention wicked starts i will not be late off the gate next time remove the anti start clutch switch leave it in 2nd hit the starter as soon as it starts jab the gas thats a fun power wheelie

Warnerade
03-16-2009, 07:58 PM
http://www.studypaws.com/elt/elementary/punctuation-cards-1-eg24.jpg

fasstltr
03-27-2009, 09:34 AM
were did u get this and how much did u pay im looking a t a hinson slipper clutch

rcr4w
03-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Rocky Mountain ATV 499.00

MOTORIDER68
03-30-2009, 10:51 AM
i have one i havent got to install yet i can't wait to try it. my friends both have them on there kfx's. they swear by them.

rap169
04-06-2009, 02:09 PM
ive had one on my trx450r for 4 seasons with no trouble at all. Just changed the fibers for this years season. put one on my buddies suzuki and had fibers wear out twice in one season. Thought maybe it was the way he was riding since he was new to racing atvs, he sold the quad to another friend who races bikes and he now smoke the clutch in 2 races. Ive made adjustments after the second set of fibers as reccomended by the rekluse tech, and thought we may get somewhere on this new set of fibers, but obviously not. i dunno what to think of it.

MOTORIDER68
04-07-2009, 09:03 PM
hmm i dunno either. i hope i dont have those problems i change my fibers and steels twice a season now but that is more of a maintence thing rather than a need to. i dont know if your friends race any of the GNCC's but you could have rekluse take a look at it at one of them. thanks for the heads up!!

TEAMSTROBEL
04-10-2009, 07:28 AM
yep...im that friend who just smoked another set of fibers...i just dont understand it...rap and i are going to take it apart and check it out this saturday...i love the rekluse but this cant keep happening...i dont race any gncc's...just state races for district 6...any help out there would be greatly appreciated!!

MOTORIDER68
04-10-2009, 02:09 PM
which rekluse do you have teamstrobel?

TEAMSTROBEL
04-10-2009, 02:18 PM
THE Zstart pro....its killing me...love it...but keep burnin up the plates.....help please...tell me what to do....

rap169
04-11-2009, 07:16 AM
we have tried a few different things. One thing we did on the last set of fibers was reccomended by rekluse to put an additional 3 (heavy balls), i dont remember if they are titanium or something but its the the heavier ones that come in the kit, but we stuck in an extra 3 to make the engaugement quicker and more positive. weve tried different oils, suzuki oil, rotella T, and now amsoil. None of the oils seemed to make any difference in clutch performance. In my honda i run rotella t in the trans and it seems to work really good, makes it shift smoother. But the suzuki i dont notice a diff. we r gonna tear down again today and see what it all looks like.

TEAMSTROBEL
04-12-2009, 12:56 PM
rap and i tore it down...the oil stunk terrible!!!!! visually the fibers had some wear...the plates looked ok other than some gunk buildup on them...so we scrubbed them good...used the thicker plate given to us by rekluse for the last one...checked with the gauges they provided and they seemed within the tolerances...maybe a hair tighter on the one side.....put back together and added rotella-t oil recommended by rekluse....crossed the fingers and fired it up....same thing....the bike shuts down when you kick it down into gear.....it will start with some effort in gear and take off...but when coming to a stop it still wants to pull pretty hard......Rap believes one or more of the plates must be warped...so i ordered new suzuki fibers and a new set of rekluse plates.....we will see what happens once the parts come in...hopefully it will be ok for the next state race on the 26th!

atveric132
04-12-2009, 02:34 PM
i just dont see how it picks up as quick as actually pulling in the clutch and poppin it coming out a turn.

TEAMSTROBEL
04-13-2009, 05:04 PM
you can still clutch it in a turn...the rekluse lets you have the best of both worlds if you dont want to use the clutch...or use it in those parts of the track you need it...