PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on screen names and email addy's

tri5ron
03-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Hi All,
first I want to thank everyone, on welcoming my 7 y.o. daughter Cameron, in my/her "solo-ed" thread.
She is still asking me EVERY night, "Daddy, are there any more replies???" LOL!

Well last night, we spent the evening picking out screen names for her, and she has now decided on one.
I promised her that when she got home from school today, and after we finished dinner, that we would get her all signed up on this forum.

My Question is,..
Can I use my same E-mail addy, to register her as a member ?, or do I need to make a different e-mail account for her before I can register her as a member?

In other words, can 2 different screen names, be registered on the same ,(my), E-mail addy?

Thanks,
Ron

wvspeedfreak
03-13-2009, 07:38 PM
I am pretty sure they have to have different email addresses.

feuerstack411
03-13-2009, 08:01 PM
7yr old on a forum?

tri5ron
03-13-2009, 08:22 PM
feuer....
Fear not,
she will not be posting anything without my presence, or approval.

In fact,... it will not even be her actually typing anything out on the keyboard, it will be me, typing for her.

She is simply learning about quads in general, her new quad, computers, and she knows that Daddy likes to read "The quad thing on the computer".

if there is any rules against it, or issues that anyone has with it, then they can be addressed directly to me, and it will be appropriately dealt with.

Trust me,...
as a responsible father, I am not about to let my 7 y.o. little girl go onto the internet by herself.
I will be watching like a Hawk, AND will be proof reading any replies made to her, before she reads them.

xDeeVy465x
03-13-2009, 09:18 PM
a responsible father? JEESH never heard of that one before :blah: :blah: :blah:

Haha, good lucky, your little one could be a great addition to the sport in years to come, just dont let her eat her quad on the dinner table, that's just rude.

hardkoratvmxr
03-13-2009, 09:30 PM
I would pm a mod. They might be able to set you up with something like you are saying. The only thing I could see as to why they wouldnt is A: special treatment (doesnt wanna do it for everyone) B: might not work with the database C: just isnt possible

But ask them. I mean that is what I would do if I had a lil one that wanted to be apart of the forum. That way you didnt have millions of emails all over the place and then it gets hard to keep track of

tri5ron
03-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by xDeeVy465x
a responsible father? JEESH never heard of that one before :blah: :blah: :blah:

Haha, good lucky, your little one could be a great addition to the sport in years to come, just dont let her eat her quad on the dinner table, that's just rude.

:D :D :D :D
The only place that she is allowed to chew on her quad is in the garage.
I do know how to teach my kids good manners.
:D :D :D :D

so what's the final verdict on using my email addy for her screen name?
I'm just trying to keep it as simple as possible for myself,
as well as being able to Very Closely monitor any activity involving her on this forum.
Thanks.

justen08
03-13-2009, 09:36 PM
tri5ron i think it might be easier to set her up with an email then to go through the mods and stuff btw whats her screen name gonna be and you will still have watch on her email and forums:D

tri5ron
03-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by hardkoratvmxr
I would pm a mod. They might be able to set you up with something like you are saying. The only thing I could see as to why they wouldnt is A: special treatment (doesnt wanna do it for everyone) B: might not work with the database C: just isnt possible

But ask them. I mean that is what I would do if I had a lil one that wanted to be apart of the forum. That way you didnt have millions of emails all over the place and then it gets hard to keep track of

hardkor...,
good suggestion, I'll PM Pappy.

and yes, you hit the nail on the head in reguards to me being able to manage her new found intrest on the forum. LOL!

tri5ron
03-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by justen08
btw whats her screen name gonna be :D

Well after Much debate, and through a LENGTHY process of elimination,
(I.E.- She started off with something like 19 possibilities :rolleyes: ),
Cameron has decided on the screen name--- Pink Power !
LOL !!!
Gee, who would've guessed that coming from a 7 y.o. little girl ???
LOL !!!

mini racer #39
03-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Dont let her eat her quad!! It might have lead in it!!...LOL....:D :D :eek2: :eek2:

xDeeVy465x
03-13-2009, 11:53 PM
http://www.atvmagblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/eatbike.jpg

tri5ron
03-14-2009, 12:11 AM
xDee....,
that's GREAT!
I love it!
LOL!!!

xDeeVy465x
03-14-2009, 12:12 AM
Hahaha

tri5ron
03-14-2009, 12:25 AM
Well I think I figured out how to do what I was hoping to accomplish.
I just realized that Yahoo allows you to have a second email addy, and that it automatically forwards any sent or receved messages to/from the second addy, to the first addy.

so I just opened a addy for Cameron, then used it to register her here as a member.

This way, anything that gets posted, replied to, or emailed to her screen name, "Pink Power", will still be sent via email notification, to my original email addy.
(at least I THINK that's how it's supposed to work).
We'll see...

I'm sure that tomorrow, she will want to try out her new "Pink Power(s)", LOL!

xDeeVy465x
03-14-2009, 12:27 AM
Use email forwarding, i think thats a function somewhere for yahoo.

03-14-2009, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by xDeeVy465x
http://www.atvmagblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/eatbike.jpg

i wanna see some pics of your 465ex? i think ive only heard of a bore kit that high for a 400 one time.......