PDA

View Full Version : I have a few electrical ?

jboz5786
03-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Ok I recently picked up a new motor for my shee. Im not sure on the year of the motor but anyways I took all my electrical off my old motor on to the new one. I was plugging everything back up and tried to start it. It wouldn't fire it had no spark? Ive herd if it doesn't fire it usually the T.O.R.S? How do i eliminate this off my shee? If it still doesn't fire what else could it be? Im really trying to save some money right now so I really don't want to take it to the shop to get it fixed. I would really just like to get a whole other complete wiring harness for it.

01shee
03-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Follow the wires comeing off the tors to a little box on the right side of the quad and unplug it. But the tors shouldn't make your bike not fire. Check all the connections again and any grounds.

jboz5786
03-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Ok I just looked everywhere for that little box and the only black box I have is in the rear of the quad by the tail lights. I think thats the cdi box though? Im following the harness and everything is going to the throttle or the on of switch on the quad? Theres a three pronged male connector that doesn't have a mate though the wire colors are yellow, black ,and green.

01shee
03-13-2009, 01:07 PM
when the tors box is removed and that eliminates that problem. I would look at the coil pick up and the flywheel some time rust will build up and you won't get a spark

jboz5786
03-13-2009, 01:32 PM
ok ill look and see thanks. Hey how do I get the tors off of my carbs? Is there a way?

Bilbreybuilt
03-13-2009, 08:36 PM
motion pro makes a yamaha idle kit for around $25 or you can do the twist kit. either should let you eliminate your tors

jboz5786
03-13-2009, 08:55 PM
yeah im going to have to pick one up.

03-14-2009, 08:46 PM
TORS will not cause it to not get spark. All the TORS does is keep it from rev'ing up. It will still get spark and idle.

Depending on the year of the engine, it could be a couple things. Try what the other guy said, and take some fine steel wool and clean the tops of the ends on the stator, and the pick up.

If that doesn't work, I will bet you it's the stator. ALL banshee's are known for stators going bad, more so on the older ones.

Coils/CDI's VERY rarely go bad. If ever.

Rivieraracing
04-18-2009, 09:36 AM
The Tors system will cause your bike to not get spark if it is acting up, it did it on my bike once so I just eliminated it all together, TORS is designed to cut out the ignition in case of tipping it over in an accident. On a stock bike, the parking brake is connected to the TORS circuit as well, when the parking brake is applied, the TORS will keep the bike from revving up so that you don't go riding with the parking brake still on.
I would get the TORS elimination kit for your bike, it makes diagnosing your bike much easier in the future knowing that you do not have that system on there. Also take your coil off your bike and make sure the 2 mounting pads on the frame and coil are not corroded or have paint on them, they are a ground.