PDA

View Full Version : whats the best port

bansheeboyo
03-13-2009, 11:42 AM
hi
what is the best port to get max performance?
i just want it for wide open spaces
and who do all of yous recomend to send it to

i have DMC 916 s
K&N clamp on carb
Ajustable timing plate

what other mods do u lot recomend
cheers A ndy

01shee
03-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Send it to Jeff at F.A.S.T he does a great port job. If you want all top end go with a dune port. But any port job with wake a banshee motor up like you wouldn't believe.

03-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Jim at Passion does AWESOME work. He really knows his stuff, and ALL he does is banshee's.

www.passionracingengines.com

e463x
03-15-2009, 03:34 PM
hrj
redline
f.a.s.t
nate mccoy
a&S
rdz
just to name a few i have a nate mccoy 10mil cub that flat out rips.

richnakol
03-20-2009, 07:49 AM
If nobody near you is that good, send it to K&T. They build some of the fastest motors ive seen. Tripple port is the way to go. But your gonna have to get rid of those junk pipes. You need a set of cpi. two stroke pipes are critical, not like a 4 stroke. Your gonna need to advance the timing about 7 degrees. polissh the inside of the carbs, some toomey needles would be good, modify the shift star in the tranny, if your going to drag race, have the gears cut for a 1-5 over ride. i drag raced banshees for several years. be prepared to spend some money if you want it to be fast. i never stroked mine. Kept it stock 350 with all the goodies. Ran 92mph in 7.2 sec in the 1/8th mile. Back then, that was fast...now days, not so much. Theres a LOT of little things you have to do. true and weld the crank, flywheel mod, oh, and from experience..the stock pistons will not hold up to a three port job. mine shattered in about 5 minutes. remeber this, the next weekest thing you havent upgraded will shell on you. Youll need a billet clutch basket, you can use the clutch plates from i think its a R-1 sport bike. use honda tranny oil, its one of the best out there, in the red bottle. i can go on all day. here just a few tips.. good luck

e463x
03-29-2009, 07:28 PM
if hes not drag racing his pipes will be fine.