PDA

View Full Version : florida

ridered92
03-12-2009, 10:09 PM
well my parents are considering moving to florida and sense im 16 ill be going i have a few questions. first off i just got my licence and im 16. so do i just transfer it if we move? are there trails to ride? i know of croom but are there any other places to ride. how about jobs are there many places to work? nothing set yet but we all have been talking about it for awhile. it might not even happen but i just wanted to ask you florida guy/girls alittle about it.

thanks

Pappy
03-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Be safe, your new neighbors are real sweet fellas!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3355/3326064667_148874b24b_o.jpg

ridered92
03-12-2009, 10:15 PM
lol nice ill be gator bait. pappy did you go to croom at all when you were in florida?

Giz400ex
03-13-2009, 05:06 AM
I considered moving to FL and my only concern was the heat. I don't mind it but it last too long for me. I love the 4 seasons and its hard to get away from that. What part of FL are they looking to move to ????

03-13-2009, 10:16 AM
The heat isnt bad here you get used to it.

Giz400ex
03-13-2009, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
The heat isnt bad here you get used to it. Thats what they say but I can sweat here in NY and its only 30 degrees as of now. I would have to live like a vampire down there. Sleep during the day and do all my stuff at night :D :D

ridered92
03-13-2009, 12:08 PM
we have looked at all parts ocala,clearwater,st pete, ect. we have a camp on the ocean down here in maine we would stay at in the summer. but anyways does any one have any anwsers to my questions above?

scuzz
03-13-2009, 12:11 PM
You haven't told anyone what city you're moving to. Florida looks small on your screen but is actually 54252 square miles.

Disney only takes up a fraction of that. :)

ridered92
03-13-2009, 12:16 PM
well we are not really set on a city my old man lived there for awhile so he knows his way around. but we have looked at some house online in ocala,st pete,clearwater,west plam beach,tarpon springs, lol we have looked at a ton of houses. btw ive never been to disney been to all the rest of the theme parks tho lol well not all of them but a few

scuzz
03-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Gotcha.

That's still a large number of places. Once your dad get's it narrowed down to one people might be able to help you a little more.

Where are you now?

ridered92
03-13-2009, 12:26 PM
im in maine now. what about licence wise does anyone know anything about that?

scuzz
03-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by ridered92
im in maine now.

Prepare yourself for the greatest culture shock you could ever imagine. Not that either area of the United States is better or worse than the other, but wow is EVERYTHING going to be different for you.

Here's a link to Florida's DMV site:

http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/address.html

ridered92
03-13-2009, 12:33 PM
so thats all ill need to transfer my licence?

scuzz
03-13-2009, 12:34 PM
so thats all ill need to transfer my licence?

I. Proof of Residential Address

II. Proof of Social Security Number

III. Primary Identification - One of the following (3) documents:

1. Certified United States birth certificate, including territories and District of Columbia (the birth certificate must be issued by a government agency. Hospital birth certificates cannot be accepted); or
2. Valid United States passport; or
3. Certificate of Naturalization

* NOTE: Proof of citizenship or legal presence may be required for renewal or replacement licenses. Please come prepared to present one of the above identification documents as proof of citizenship or legal presence.
* When necessary, marriage certificates, court orders, or divorce decrees must be provided to tie the name on the primary identification to the name the customer would like to place on the driver license or identification card.

IV. Secondary Identification - one secondary document, which substantiates the primary document, is required. Document may include, but is not limited to, the original or certified copy of one of the following. A second primary identification can be used as the required secondary identification.

1. A driver license from the District of Columbia, U.S. Territories, or one of our 50 states.
2. School record stating date of birth, which must contain the registrar’s signature.
3. Transcript of the birth record filed with a public officer charged with the duty of recording certificates.
4. Baptism certificate, which shows date of birth and the place of baptism.
5. Family Bible record or birth announcement in a baby book
6. An insurance policy on the customer’s life which has been in force for at least two years and has the month, day and year of birth.
7. United States military or military dependent identification card.
8. An identification card from the District of Columbia, U.S. Territories, or one of our 50 states.
9. Florida license record or identification card record.
10. Selective Service Registration (Draft Card).
11. Florida Vehicle Registration certificate (HSMV 83399, owner’s copy) obtained from the tax collector’s office where the customer’s vehicle was registered, Florida, or out-of-state registration certificate, if name and date of birth are shown.
12. Florida and out-of-state non-driver identification cards (state issued).
13. Receipt copy of your last Florida driver license issuance.
14. Immigration form I-571.
15. Federal form DD-214 (military record).
16. Marriage certificate.
17. Court order, which includes legal name.
18. A Florida voter registration card, which was issued at least 3 months previously.
19. Personal identification by an examiner or by a person well known to the examiner.
20. Social Security Card
21. Parent consent form of minor, signed by the parent or legal guardian
22. Government issued out-of-country passport, driver license, or identification card
23. Concealed Weapons Permit

gcart2
03-13-2009, 01:25 PM
www.ssqsa.com
www.dadecitymotocross.com

those are the most common race circuits in florida.

the heat sucks. it has its positives but for the most part it is jsut too hot.

Disney, sucks. too many ppl. Next major disease breakout will come from there, ppl from all over the world (lots of asians :confused: ). i live like 45min from there.

crooms (i hate saying croom) is a fun place to ride. lots of trails, a big open mx like track, sand pits etc.

im about to have to general lee themed brother bikes for sale in the lakeland area.

Clearwater is nice, i go there with the girlfriend and a few friends about every weekend.

here is another track between tampa and clearwater. great track
http://www.sunshinemotocross.com/

ridered92
03-13-2009, 02:13 PM
i dont race but not say a couple trips the the track couldnt change that. what part of florida do you live in? what are some nice citys to look for houses in florida?

quad2xtreme
03-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
You haven't told anyone what city you're moving to. Florida looks small on your screen but is actually 54252 square miles.

Disney only takes up a fraction of that. :)

Little known fact...Jacksonville is the largest city in the world...it is approximately 2500 square miles (like 50 miles by 50 miles).

I tried to live in Florida twice. I couldn't stand the heat.

I am here right now...my brother lives in Kissimmee and my mom lives in St. Cloud. Weather looked sucky for the weekend in Raleigh so we flew down today. :D

03-13-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm in Brooksville/SpringHill. Its a mix here of country/farm and still growing chains and strip malls in places, I like it. Where I am its 20 - 25 minutes from Croom, 45 - 60 minutes to Dade City MX, Hour to Tampa, 45 - 60 to Clearwater, Hour and a half to Ocala or Orlando. I love living where there are actually some hills and backwoods farmlands and stuff around you. Wish I had some land. I suggest staying away from the center of the state like Orlando it is noticably hotter. I think its about 3 hours to the East coast and 5 to Miami? No matter where you are in the state the farthest distance to a coastline is 66miles.

ridered92
03-13-2009, 09:06 PM
where is croom located? yeah i like riding hills and back woods to.

03-13-2009, 09:11 PM
where is croom located? yeah i like riding hills and back woods to.

Right where state road 50 and I75 cross in Brooksville.

ryansblaster
03-14-2009, 09:05 AM
we have looked at all parts ocala,clearwater,st pete, ect. we have a camp on the ocean down here in maine we would stay at in the summer. but anyways does any one have any anwsers to my questions above?

I went to clearwater in January Its a nice place but there were some wierd people haha

ridered92
03-14-2009, 10:14 AM
yeah my aunt use to have a house in clearwater i really like it there.