PDA

View Full Version : Yfzr Trinity Warning

09RhoadzieYFZ-R
03-12-2009, 04:31 PM
My experience with trinity racing was terrible.

To start off with the pipe did not fit correctly, then it leaked in 4 different spots. So the power suffered from that.
Only gave me top end power.
So when my dealer called trinity they said "Oh yeah that happens to our pipes sometimes send it back well fix it" so my dealer said dont worry I got a few coming back and no way are we dealing with you again! and cancelled their account with them and I got my full amount refunded back to me.

So i wanted to warn you yfzr owners about my experience.

So i went ahead and ordered the HMF full system Candy red and the matte black vector Tip. should look good with the red and white 09.

Ill post some pics and vids when it arrives.

oemparts
03-17-2009, 10:16 AM
i will never use trinity again. the customer service sucks

Duninforlife
03-20-2009, 11:38 AM
I work at Trinity Racing, and I have been in this industry for years. I ride, as do all my friends and family. I hate the fact that I have to respond to threads like this, but unforutnately, even though forums in general are a great place to share ideas and information, any joker with a grudge can ANONYMOUSLY say whatever he wants even if he can't back it up. So, here goes. First, Rhoadzie says his 450R Trinity pipe leaks "in four places". A single exhaust four stroke pipe only has three possible places it can leak from, where the head pipe meets the cylinder head, where the header slips into the mid pipe, and where the mid pipe mounts to the muffler. So that statement by him doesn't make any sense. Second, with any pipe from any manufacturer there is a possiblity of leakage. When it happens it sucks. It's inconvenient and we hate it, but it happens. When, on the rare occasion a pipe does leak, we exchange it for a brand new system. We have a 30 day money back, no questions asked guarantee on our exhausts and a life time warranty. We would have been happy to exchange Rhoadize pipe. it sounds to me like the real problem Rhoadize has is with Waynesburg Yamaha. Unfortunately anyone who wants to can open up a shop, whether they have the knowledge or business sense to do so. Waynesburg Yamaha thought they had an axe to grind with us about a totally unrelated subject and it looks like unfortunately Rhoadize got caught up in the middle. It's too bad that he is going to be deprived of what is the best pipe on the market because someone else didn't behave professionally. If you change your mind our phone number is 909-373-1337, and our website is www.trinityracing.com. We will take good care of you.

09RhoadzieYFZ-R
03-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Alright buddy. List of places exhaust leaked.
1. where head pipe bolts to head.
2. where header and mid pipe connect.
3. where mid pip and muffler bolt. ( here the pipe left a retarded size gap because your company failed to see if the pipe bolted together before shipping out.) now thats poor if you ask me.
4. where the tip connects to the muffler.

and for the record all bolts were tight.

So how can you call me a liar, the person who bought the POS, seen how it bolted together poorly, and seen the leaks. Waynesburg Yamaha had no Grudge or anything, they were pissed that your company sold him "bad products" causing their customers down time on their bikes. Thats bad for business buddy.

I was not trying to bash your company but i was simply informing others about the service which I received and the the quality of the product which I received

Duninforlife
03-20-2009, 03:11 PM
I feel bad that you weren't happy with your product, but you did not receive ANY bad customer service from Trinity Racing. You never dealt with Trinity Racing. You dealt with Waynesburg Yamaha, and got your information solely from them. As I said before, if the pipe leaks we would have been more than happy to replace it.
So you don't really have any business talking about how you were treated by Trinity Racing. We stand behind our pipes more than anyone in the industry. For the record, in the 11 years I have worked here this is the first time I have EVER heard of a pipe leaking in that many places.

09RhoadzieYFZ-R
03-20-2009, 03:24 PM
The same day that i went to Waynesburg, so did two others with the same issue. I was just warning people thats all. has nothing to do with my Dealer that your product was poorly crafted.

And a suggestion for the future, make sure you fully assemble the pipes before shipping them out.

Duninforlife
03-20-2009, 03:45 PM
How do you know who comes and goes at Waynesburg Yamaha? Do you hang out there all day? This is starting to sound kind of fishy.

stoopidbot
03-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Yeah up until you said 3 people went on the same day with the same pipe with the same problem??? Come on, now you're starting to add to your story because he showed that you never dealt with Trinity. I believe you may have got a lemon, in production it happens. If you would have contacted Trinity and told them of your problem, they would have made things right. And they even told your dealer they would make things right, he just choice to get his panties in a bunch.

09RhoadzieYFZ-R
03-20-2009, 04:05 PM
11 years of working at Trinity. And you still do not know the golden Rule of business and service that "The Customer is always right" prime example of your poor service, is you sir. Especially when my purchases are going towards your salary in one way or another. This is terrible business. your trying to say that i am making this seem fishy. Yes the day I brought the pipe their so did one other guy before me and their was another pipe behind the counter going back.

Ladies and Gentlemen, The above conversation with this Gentlemen shows how lovely the service is at Trinity Racing, and that they clearly show that the The customer is always right. please take into consideration before your next purchase, Thank You

stoopidbot
03-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by 09RhoadzieYFZ-R
11 years of working at Trinity. And you still do not know the golden Rule of business and service that "The Customer is always right" prime example of your poor service, is you sir. Especially when my purchases are going towards your salary in one way or another. This is terrible business. your trying to say that i am making this seem fishy. Yes the day I brought the pipe their so did one other guy before me and their was another pipe behind the counter going back.

Ladies and Gentlemen, The above conversation with this Gentlemen shows how lovely the service is at Trinity Racing, and that they clearly show that the The customer is always right. please take into consideration before your next purchase, Thank You When did he say they wouldn't do a thing about it. Your story seems fishy, so what, I think it does to. He said they would make everything right but you don't want to except that. Your dealer is mad at Trinity so he must be in the right, right?

Duninforlife
03-20-2009, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the support. As I said more than once, we have no problem replacing a defective product. I know from personal experience how frustrating and annoying it can be to spend your hard earned dollars on a product for your quad and have it not work. It really, really sucks! That is not the issue. The issue, once again, is someone taking information from a source, doing nothing to verify it, assume it is correct, and then spread it all over the internet when they have a small fraction of the overall story. And you can cry all you want Rhoadzie, but the chances of you just happening to be in you dealer at the same time 2 other people are returning the same product from the same company at the same time has to be astrnomical. You should go buy a lottery ticket!

Ride1Rob
03-20-2009, 04:47 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, The above conversation with this Gentlemen shows how lovely the service is at Trinity Racing, and that they clearly show that the The customer is always right. please take into consideration before your next purchase, Thank You

I somewhat disagree with you on this one brother. The customer is always right doesn't apply when someone is bashing the company he works for to the rest of the world. He'd be a poor employee to sit back and say you're right when it seems that you're caught in the middle of something else. I have dealt with Trinity along with A BUNCH of other companies over the years and my opinion on Trinity, They have some of the most durable pipes on the market. I have had 2 GYTR's and 1 Alba to fall apart on me. After going through hoops Alba finally took care of me. After riding the pipe for about 6-8mos it started falling apart again. GYTR response was, "We haven't heard of that problem." :rolleyes:

In your 1st post you never gave Trinity the opportunity to fix it. It seems that your dealer has an issue with them and that trickled over to you. Even here he said give them a chance to make it right and you continued to bash them and have shown you don't want to make it right. What's the deal?

09RhoadzieYFZ-R
03-20-2009, 05:15 PM
If i paid over 500 dollars for a pipe and it was poorly crafted, why would i wanna send it back so they can fix it. They should of sent me the pipe already to go. thats bull****. Im just thankful they gave me my money back so i could switch companies.

fred_eslao
03-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Hi, my name is Fred Eslao Marketing Director for Trinity Racing. This subject was brought to my attention by one of my fellow Colleagues.

I just want to nip this in the bud! We sell hundreds of pipes a month all around the world, with little or no complaint from our customers or dealers. In the small instance that there are defects with our product, we offer a 30Day money back guarantee of performance, looks, fitting, etc... This is the best guarantee in the industry by far. We also make sure that all our dealers understand we have that guarantee in place. We also advertise this fact in all our Ads, Catalog, Website and all marketing material. So you see, I really don't understand the confusion about having a bad product or poor customer service.

If you would give us your name or proof of purchase we would gladly replace your product for a new one, granted that it’s still under 30day performance guarantee.

Please contact me directly at fred@trinityracing.com and I’ll personally take care of you.

09RhoadzieYFZ-R
03-20-2009, 05:17 PM
But think what you people want. I know what happened. i dont have to sit here and prove my case. lol

stoopidbot
03-20-2009, 05:24 PM
If i paid over 500 dollars for a pipe and it was poorly crafted, why would i wanna send it back so they can fix it. They should of sent me the pipe already to go. thats bull****. Im just thankful they gave me my money back so i could switch companies. If you're crying because you got a faulty part, you're gonna do a lot of crying in life. $500 bucks is not that much for a pipe. Errors happen in fabrication. I order a $1600 roll cage for my rhino, I got it and there was an error in it. It didn't fit. I called the company, they had it picked back up and sent me a brand new one, yeah I was out for a week but **** happens.

FYI, local dealers are some of the dumbest people in the industry.

09RhoadzieYFZ-R
03-20-2009, 05:37 PM
I understand errors happen. Im no dumb *** buddy. this whole thing was just me letting people know my experience with the product. then that employee had his words.

crixal
03-20-2009, 06:30 PM
trinity sucks. their exhaust are the worst sounding exhaust i've ever heard. sounds worse than a stock pipe w/ the baffle out. my buddy bought they're stage 3 or 4 kit for his raptor and picked up like 2 hp, lol. the hmf you got now looks & sounds way better. plus, it will do something the trinity can't do... MAKE POWER!

700bRad
03-20-2009, 08:46 PM
get your boots on the *****s gettin deep!

Ride1Rob
03-20-2009, 08:53 PM
The old style pipe I wasn't very fond of. The new style pipes sound pretty sweet to me. I heard one on a KFX and I also liked the way it looked and got one. To me it's on par with my Alba and I don't have issues with it falling to pieces. But I will admit that I have NEVER seen Trinity #'s in a pipe shootout though :ermm: . Can we see some #'s anyone?

09RhoadzieYFZ-R
03-21-2009, 09:21 AM
I never seen any numbers but I quote trinity on this. i was told "Our pipe, power commander and intake will take you up to 49hp, thats what we dyno the new yfz450r at." i mean iunno how true that is it seem to really wake the bike compared to stock but i mean what pipe doesnt you know?

However I have rode my brothers yfzr with his dasa and airbox lid removed it, and the bike seemed to have so much more power then mine.

just my thoughts

Ride1Rob
03-21-2009, 11:52 AM
I don't know about 49hp. That's alot with just an exhaust. Maybe their saying 49hp to the crank and not at the wheels? From what I was told by a reputable engine builder the top of the line race exhausts give around 6-7hp over stock. Rossier, Sparks, Dasa, NMotion(when they were produced), etc... I wouldn't say that a Trinity is one of those in terms of performance. I bought it because it's an all around good exhaust and is very well built. I'm to the point where I really don't care if it's down 2hp over the top exhaust pipes. I want something that's going to hold up in the long run.

I think you should give them a chance to make it right. If you really don't want to be bothered, then get your money and invest in something else. But I think it's wrong for you to bash them the way you have and you never spoke with anyone from Trinity nor did you give them a chance to resolve the issue. That's just my 02.

09RhoadzieYFZ-R
03-21-2009, 04:53 PM
haha the original post was weeks ago. So i mean i have already got my money returned and ordered an HMF full system. The guy from Trinity just now seen the post. I had said in an above post that I was glad that I got my money back. only part about the pipe i was mad about was they didnt atleast bolt it together before shipping, or atleast during production. My dealer was pumped when I got it, then when I told em what happened they didnt believe that it could of happened either, then the owner and the guy from trinity got into it about it.

I was never bashing them till the guy from trinity started talking calling me a liar about my story. you know what I mean?

stoopidbot
03-21-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm just happy you got your ride going...let's see some pics!

Ride1Rob
03-21-2009, 06:43 PM
haha the original post was weeks ago. So i mean i have already got my money returned and ordered an HMF full system. The guy from Trinity just now seen the post. I had said in an above post that I was glad that I got my money back. only part about the pipe i was mad about was they didnt atleast bolt it together before shipping, or atleast during production. My dealer was pumped when I got it, then when I told em what happened they didnt believe that it could of happened either, then the owner and the guy from trinity got into it about it.

I was never bashing them till the guy from trinity started talking calling me a liar about my story. you know what I mean?

;) 10-4. The most important thing is that you're up and running and you're happy with your purchase.

jersey devil
03-21-2009, 08:12 PM
DASA is the way to go!Have the full system,great fit, ,top quality and most of all unbelievable power over stock.PC5,air box lid removed and twin air filter and runs like a bear.
Of course I put 20's and 18's as soon as I got it and gave it instant bottom end response with the rear 18's.Like a tooth or tooth and a half change up front and with all the mods this thing rips!
Had a zilla for years and believe me this new R is not far behind at all.

fred_eslao
03-23-2009, 11:57 AM
This is the last thing I could say about this Subject.

We had many of our pipes evaluated by a third party Magazine who gave an unbiased report based on Dyno numbers not what they like. Here is one of the links you could visit and you could make your own decision according to actual figures. Also, This test was done without our highly tuned Trinity Racing EFI controller, and we still out performed all our competitors.

We have many other evaluations that also states the same fact about our unmatched performance and reliability, throughout our whole product line for all makes and models.

So if you're going to bash make sure you do your homework first... and not get your info from word of mouth... If you ever change your mind about our product please visit our website or call us 909.373.1337 x105 We always look forward to serving you...

http://issuu.com/buffalo1/docs/exhaust_evaluation?mode=embed&documentId=081111200502-fdd9aa2afaf24ae699d05b5b3101103b&layout=grey

Ride1Rob
03-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Those are some very good #'s for the RZR exhaust systems. But how does that translate to quads? I'd like to see your results for the bike that I ride. How do those #'s compare up against Dasa, Sparks, Yoshi, etc...? I am not at all dissappointed with the performance of the Trinity exhaust and for the money I think it's the best exhaust I have yet to put on my bike. I'd just like to see how it hold it's weight up against some of the big name exhaust pipes.

jersey devil
03-23-2009, 03:57 PM
To say you out performed all competiters is a false statement!We are talking quads and haven't seen all names or any of the big names????
This is a perfect example of false advertisement!

stoopidbot
03-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by jersey devil
To say you out performed all competiters is a false statement!We are talking quads and haven't seen all names or any of the big names????
This is a perfect example of false advertisement! Every MFG says they are the best. Have you ever seen an exhaust ad that said "BETTER THAN EVERYONE ...EXCEPT FMF AND HMF"?

jersey devil
03-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by stoopidbot
Every MFG says they are the best. Have you ever seen an exhaust ad that said "BETTER THAN EVERYONE ...EXCEPT FMF AND HMF"?

That's exactly the point I'am making.They all say the same thing.
But to realize it and make a point of it lets them know we are not all stupid!
To say your product has been tested against all others and beats all competiters is a false statement.Bogus bull that the weak minded grab onto and believe.
For the most part on here those with any knowledge realize what products are the best bang for your buck!

crixal
03-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
Those are some very good #'s for the RZR exhaust systems. But how does that translate to quads? I'd like to see your results for the bike that I ride. How do those #'s compare up against Dasa, Sparks, Yoshi, etc...? I am not at all dissappointed with the performance of the Trinity exhaust and for the money I think it's the best exhaust I have yet to put on my bike. I'd just like to see how it hold it's weight up against some of the big name exhaust pipes.

from what i've seen w/ my own eyes, trinity is garbage. it gets raped by everything i've seen. did i mention they sound horrible too? i would love to see some of trinity's make believe dyno sheets.

09RhoadzieYFZ-R
03-23-2009, 10:09 PM
No comment on that post form Trinity. :-X

Ride1Rob
03-24-2009, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by fred_eslao

We have many other evaluations that also states the same fact about our unmatched performance and reliability, throughout our whole product line for all makes and models.

I sure would like to see one of the many evaluations...

tim colston
03-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Trinity hasn't been around for as long as they have by making crap products. I do understand there are cases where mistakes are made, but to call the pipe a piece of **** because of the sound is a dumb statement. I personally have a couple of trinity things nothing special small pointless parts, but if you have a beef with someone or company take it up with them personally, I would be pissed if i paid my money and it leaked, but give an american company the chance to make it right. Don't go by what the dealer says always, they have a tendacy to blame others or make the situation worse. to the original poster i am glad your current system i working well for you, but you have to admit that your statement of 3 pipes in one day is a little hard to believe, i'm not saying i don't believe you, but that is from the outside looking in. we can find people that love em and hate em, that goes for every manufacture out their, but at the end of the day they wouldn't be around for the time they have if they sold junk. Mistakes are made everyday, let's give someone a chance to make it right before bashing a company. If they don't then go to town but in many cases it was just an honest mistake that they would have taken care of. Yeah it would have put you out a week or so but hells bells man let them make it right and as he stated if you didn't like it once you got a correct system back, send it back within 30 days and no questions asked, then go get your HMF. my .02

i meant nothing negative towards anyone or company in the above statement, so please don't take it that way.

crixal
03-25-2009, 04:32 PM
if you're referring to me, i said they sound like s*** and they didn't make any power. two of my buddies have put their stage 3 or 4 kit for around 800 or 900 and they made like 2-3 hp over stock. they're a rip off. i think they even lost power down low. look at the pipe shootouts on any of the sites and try to find trinity in the top 10.

Ride1Rob
03-25-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by crixal
if you're referring to me, i said they sound like s*** and they didn't make any power. two of my buddies have put their stage 3 or 4 kit for around 800 or 900 and they made like 2-3 hp over stock. they're a rip off. i think they even lost power down low. look at the pipe shootouts on any of the sites and try to find trinity in the top 10.

I think you're wrong on that one my friend... I found some info that states Trinity is one of the best pipes on the market performance wise. Give some time to post up the info in another thread....

crixal
03-25-2009, 05:03 PM
like i said, find it in the top 10 of any shootout. anyone can give false info. fred said the trinity out performed all the competitors what he left out is they competitors were fmf & the stock pipe, lol. just giving my opinion & experience w/ them.

Ride1Rob
03-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Check out the post, no bias from FuelATV that did the shootout.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=389453