PDA

View Full Version : Tether cord hook up for YFZR's

Franklin999
03-12-2009, 12:26 PM
How do you hook this thing up without a harness. i just want to splice it in.

griffin32
03-12-2009, 09:43 PM
go through the wiring harness and splice it in there

Franklin999
03-13-2009, 12:18 AM
okay thanks

ccrider24
03-16-2009, 06:07 PM
What wire are you looking for?? the stock handlebar mounted switch works the opposite of a pro design tether. I've heard of people burning out coils hooking them up improperly, and don't want to smoke mine, the stock switch when in the off position, does not have connectivity, and the pro design with the tether out, has continuity, I know it's simple, but please enlighten me, as I have a severe deficit of brain power for electrical stuff!!!

Franklin999
03-16-2009, 06:22 PM
oyeah i am trying to hook up the pro armor kill switch and i burned a fuse up so i said screw it and have not tryed since then.

Franklin999
03-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Okay so here is the deal i have a pro armor kill switch and i wired it to the red and black wire after the on and off switch which is what a mechanic told me to do and he said i could wire the ground to the frame but i went through five fuses and this kill switch is just not working for me what is the deal need help please its driving me crazy the old 450's were so easy.

A A R O N
03-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Take it back to stock. Start over.

Keep the pro armor kill switch. Buy the kill swatch plug in adapter kit (same as old bike).

Wire that to your kill switch as instructed by the paper included. Then, ground the ground wire to your frame (I usually use one of the bolts holding the gas tank stays). Next, find the black clip with red and white wires going to and from it, just above your front sprocket, in that cluster of wires. Run your wiring from your kill switch under the tank, down the frame, and plug in the adapter kit to that black connecter. DONE.

johng
03-20-2009, 10:39 PM
I wired my 09 YFZR to pink wire on the left side of the bike(If your sitting on it) right next to the airbox. There is a big white plug, you will see the wire there. After that just find a good ground, I used the Pro Armor kill with no issues