PDA

View Full Version : cool video of Navy drill team

tri5ron
03-11-2009, 11:22 PM
these guys are GOoooOD !!!

http://www.whc.net/rjones/USN/USN_team.html

ALAMX37
03-12-2009, 01:48 PM
And they learn how to do all that on your tax dollars. Save the flashy bs for little girls, soldiers get payed to do a duty not make pretty for the president. God what is America coming too.

Pappy
03-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
And they learn how to do all that on your tax dollars. Save the flashy bs for little girls, soldiers get payed to do a duty not make pretty for the president. God what is America coming too.

Especially when youngsters forgo military discipline, honor and tradition to save a few dollars...yeah what were they ever thinking:o A good drill team will send shivers up your spine and even bring a tear to your eye. I can think of other ways to save a nickle if military drill teams ever start cutting into the national defense budget:scary:

tri5ron
03-12-2009, 02:17 PM

Holy Cow !,
I never expected THAT kind of a responce !

geez, What happened ?, Stub your toe when getting out of bed today ???

scuzz
03-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Save the flashy bs for little girls, soldiers get payed to do a duty not make pretty for the president.

I hardly think that is a waste of tax dollars, maybe they could have paid more for your education though. :confused:

meankfx
03-12-2009, 03:11 PM
lol wow what a response.

ridered11
03-12-2009, 05:47 PM
It's better than going to "Shaniqua" and her 18 children depending on welfare.

Get a grip guy....

yam450_53
03-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Yet another thread that turns into a p!ssing match after a few posts, good job!

That was a very good video.

ZeroLogic
03-12-2009, 06:19 PM
That is just amazing. I couldn't imagine how nervous they were.:eek2:

Pappy
03-12-2009, 06:22 PM
google marine corps silent drill platoon

might try silent drill team but thats not a correct term:p

hale23
03-13-2009, 12:32 AM
I used to do stuff like that high school. Crazy how much muscle it actually takes to spin something like that.

gbcap
03-13-2009, 07:55 AM

our country was FOUNDED by military's with precise drill teams. been going on for thousands of years. its not going to stop now. its a small, VERY small price compared to other things that are paid for by our government. i personally get chills watching things like that. yes, is it necessary? maybe not, but the discipline used there transfers into other aspects of those soldiers lives making them better people unlike yourself.

God what is America coming too.

your an idiot, this is not something new, its been happening for thousands of years and will not stop anytime soon.

dont go to movies, don't watch tv, don't listen to music. these are all 'wastes' of time that are partially funded by the government. if you don't believe me think about this. your eduction k-12 was most likely public correct? well so was everyone that made those movies, or tv shows. they used what the goverment spent money on to ENTERTAIN YOU. this drill team was used to entertain. i know its a stretch. but its the same thing.

now shut up and go sit in a corner and stare at the wall.

ALAMX37
03-13-2009, 08:04 AM
Well maybe I have a bit of a twisted point of view. No I never got a gov't funded education, in Alabama a public school is the same thing as LD classes. I see what your saying though, and my comment was a bit out of line. My uncle guarded the unknown soldier in DC for a while. It is impressive to watch. I just hate to hear about our gov't dropping billions in bailouts when we could cut cost across the board by doing away with the things that aren't necessary. But you are right, these men and women are pennies on the dollar to some of the other spending we do, that serves no real economic purpose.

gbcap
03-13-2009, 08:55 AM
Well maybe I have a bit of a twisted point of view. No I never got a gov't funded education, in Alabama a public school is the same thing as LD classes. I see what your saying though, and my comment was a bit out of line. My uncle guarded the unknown soldier in DC for a while. It is impressive to watch. I just hate to hear about our gov't dropping billions in bailouts when we could cut cost across the board by doing away with the things that aren't necessary. But you are right, these men and women are pennies on the dollar to some of the other spending we do, that serves no real economic purpose.

you hit the nail on the head. do not bash these guys when its the politicians giving out bailout money to failing privately owned companies. glad you came around at least a little bit.

your uncle was picked to guard the unknown soldier...thats an awesome responsibility. hard to believe you thought that way with someone that got that honor in your family.

scuzz
03-13-2009, 08:58 AM

Who wants an e-hug?

[ALAMX37 runs to scuzz for an e-hug]

There, all better. :)

ALAMX37
03-13-2009, 12:04 PM
No I feel all warm and fuzzy. LOL

tri5ron
03-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks guys,
For restoring the civility to this thread.
I was getting concerned with the direction it took off in, and was very close to deleting the entire thread.

and ALAMX37,
please give your Uncle a Salute for me, and thank him, for me, for his service to our country.
It is a great honor to be chosen to guard the tomb of the unknown soldier.
I'm certain that he is a prime example of self dicipline and control.

Now,
back to our regular programming.....
(and this is NOT directed to anyone here)....

there is a old saying that goes something like this...

"If anyone in this country,
who enjoys the security provided by our troops,
is unwilling to stand behind them...

Please feel perfectly free, to stand in FRONT of them."