PDA

View Full Version : 400ex help....

Dylanfalcone
03-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Ok im new to site...
And what is the packing?
I have a 05 red 400ex with reverse(yey!) and its manual, and has extended a arms wb e series exhaust slip on, nerfs and bumper, and tag handle bars
What all should i do if i want to hit a few jumps and some trail riding? I kniw i need skids....but they are too expenseive so imma make my dad make sum(hes a machinist)
And do any of you have a blueprint-ush thing you could give me for skids on it?
I like the dg baja ones....
And also whats is the highest tire size i can go?
We traded for it and it was used and has 19x10-9 itp holeshot mx94 on it....and we get like three inches of clearance....
Thanks for any help....

honda400ex2003
03-11-2009, 11:13 PM
i believe the packing you are wondering about is the silencer packing in the exhaust. It helps to keep it cool and reduce noise. It also helps to get the gases out of your exhaust. For shocks if you want to jump and trail ride a cheaper route is 450r shocks that are revalved if you have stock still on the arms, check out the sticky on them at the top. The skids are nice also for the trails if you ride alot of rocks. Dg baja's are nice I had them on my 250ex a long time ago. I would not bother to put bigger than a 22" tire on it in teh back and you will have to gear down for those. They come stock with 20" on them back adn 22 in the front 19" are for more of a racing tire especially in the mx4 itp. Sounds like you have a nice machine. Any questions you have jsut post them someone will most likely help, good luck, Steve

honda400ex2003
03-11-2009, 11:14 PM
OH and welcome to the site!!! steve

Dylanfalcone
03-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Ok...um i forgot to mention ....im pretty clue less when it comes to most the words yall use....
Like the revalved shocks?? Explain it in a way that a 15yr old redneck could undetstand ....lol....
And can i have a how to of how to take some of the major "blockers" off onthe engine so i can take a wire brush and clean it? Especially the exhaust...

deathcorefan2
03-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Dylanfalcone
Ok im new to site...
And what is the packing?
I have a 05 red 400ex with reverse(yey!) and its manual, and has extended a arms wb e series exhaust slip on, nerfs and bumper, and tag handle bars
What all should i do if i want to hit a few jumps and some trail riding? I kniw i need skids....but they are too expenseive so imma make my dad make sum(hes a machinist)
And do any of you have a blueprint-ush thing you could give me for skids on it?
I like the dg baja ones....
And also whats is the highest tire size i can go?
We traded for it and it was used and has 19x10-9 itp holeshot mx94 on it....and we get like three inches of clearance....
Thanks for any help....

hey are those tires in good shape?
would you consider a trade? i have 20 in dunlops and 22 inch razrs. the 22's are the perfect tire for GNCC and clearance..
let me know, take some pics if you are interested, pm me please!

honda400ex2003
03-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Re-valving means to change the holes inside the shock to let the oil inside flow differently. Either faster or slower. That is the best I can do in general terms. Maybe someone can help me out with that. Do you have stock shocks with the extended arms? Start unbolting the stuff around the motor to start cleaning it. Also get some good cleaner such as superclean in the purple container or other good cleaner. I would see how far you can get with that before you start with the wire brush. Put it in a spray bottle and get crazy with the scrub brush. Take the skid off the bottom to clean the bottom of the motor. Stand it up to get the bottom of the motor and oil reservior in the front. You can get to everything easier with it standing up. Just make sure you turn your gas off before you do it so it does not leak gas out.

hypersnyper6947
03-12-2009, 01:33 AM
Post a pic of your quad for us, the easiest way is to open a photobucket acount on photobucket.com. Then we can help you with that clearence thing, on 19s you should get more than 3", im on 18s and i get somewhere areound 6-7" when im on it.

deathcorefan2
03-12-2009, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by hypersnyper6947
Post a pic of your quad for us, the easiest way is to open a photobucket acount on photobucket.com. Then we can help you with that clearence thing, on 19s you should get more than 3", im on 18s and i get somewhere areound 6-7" when im on it.

i believe he was exaggerating the clearance...

Dylanfalcone
03-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Ok....umm idk about the tires....we traded my step dads old crap drag truck for this....so idk if he will want to, but im sure he'll be fine with it.
And i was using another site, one for n c riders, and they were a bunch arseholes....yall seem to be better.
And i have the account, just dont have the pictures up yet, but im working on them....

Dylanfalcone
03-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Ok i have the picyures ip, but because im technically not a computer, i cant copy and paste an address, so you are going to have to search for my name, dylanfalcone, and then it will sag no images found, would you like to see ______ profile?
And those are a bit old....im going to take some new pictures of it, the tires, ans the riding area(trail and track) tomorow

hypersnyper6947
03-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by deathcorefan2
i believe he was exaggerating the clearance...

Its possible mine used to sit about that low, i had the durablue adjustable link in the rear.

Dylanfalcone
03-12-2009, 10:58 AM
How did you get it to sitsix inches? With some one on it!?!?!?

Young_Gun1
03-12-2009, 03:47 PM
I believe the clearance was probably under the carrier

Dylanfalcone
03-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Im talking about the swing arm tho....