PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Problems

TJ Bradley
03-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Ok so Im now on my 3rd radiator since owning my TRX whice i got last feburary. Im told this is from my knees hitting the Sides while cornering. I just bought i Used radiator last week, Put it on, ran it around my house with no leaking anywhere, then ran it at muddy creek... and i be damned if it didn't start spewing coolant. =( lol. Has anyone else had this much issues with their radiators? Im thinkin of makin a Guard somehow to keep My knees out of the sides of it.???? i dunno. Gotta do somethin cant keep buyin Radiators every other week.

O yea. im on my 2nd oil cooler,And the mounts on it keeps breaking off. Hondas Piss poor design of only having one support mount sucks. the side that doesn't have the support bracket under it, always breaks, then the other side ends up breaking off to. And Then there it is just hangin. and im forced to zip tie it. lol. anybody elses done this? just wanderin. =)

Johnny B
03-11-2009, 11:13 PM
darn man, that sounds real screwd up. i had my 450 sence 04 and had no radiator problems at all. and believe me, i dont baby that thing. i race harescrambles, ride almost every day, and just beat that thing to h. e. double hocky sticks, and no probs at all. something just doesent seem right.

mxhead686
03-12-2009, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Johnny B
darn man, that sounds real screwd up. i had my 450 sence 04 and had no radiator problems at all. and believe me, i dont baby that thing. i race harescrambles, ride almost every day, and just beat that thing to h. e. double hocky sticks, and no probs at all. something just doesent seem right.

haha me to man, its the way we corner! iv been through 3 now too..and it freakin sucks...they are no cheap...iv hit my knees on it so bad that iv actually twisted the rad...its brutal...if u come up with anything to stop it, let me know!

TJ Bradley
03-12-2009, 07:42 AM
I'm tryin to figure somethin out to help with it. Maybe not ride as hard..... NAH. lol. But ill keep ya posted

mxhead686
03-12-2009, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by TJ Bradley
I'm tryin to figure somethin out to help with it. Maybe not ride as hard..... NAH. lol. But ill keep ya posted

haha k man sounds good, thanks!

d3ktrix
03-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Have you guys tried aftermarket radiators?
The sides are reinforced.

Like this PWR
http://www.kandkatv.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=237_369&products_id=1022

Fluidyne's are also the same I think.

Big bux to shell out at first but better then going through 3-4 OEM ones.

coryatver
03-12-2009, 11:15 AM
I twisted mine from a stick and while looking for a used one I noticed they all are bent in on the sides. Now I know why. Someone should make a guard or something but I guess if they haven't yet on its 5th model year it is probably not going to happen.

MikeHenders
03-12-2009, 01:09 PM
how does your knee hit the rad and hard enough to ruin it? it sounds like you guys have metal legs. I just can't imagine how you get your knee to the rad you guys need to explain this better lol.

TJ Bradley
03-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Do you race mike?

mxhead686
03-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Do you race mike?

yea man, i do it all the time..its when ur cornering hard, and u got knee pads on...you dont even notice it, until till u go take the plastics off...and ur like holy ****! lol:mad:

TJ Bradley
03-12-2009, 01:19 PM
I was talkin to the mike henders guy. But yea I ate S#!t pretty bad at muddy creek last weekend, landed on a dude off the big double, I was unconcious for about 10 min, got a couple pretty bruised ribs, A broke foot, and Some rash, but as soon as i can move i'm gonna start tryin to figure somthin out on a guard for Rad of some sort.

mxhead686
03-12-2009, 01:22 PM
I was talkin to the mike henders guy. But yea I ate S#!t pretty bad at muddy creek last weekend, landed on a dude off the big double, I was unconcious for about 10 min, got a couple pretty bruised ribs, A broke foot, and Some rash, but as soon as i can move i'm gonna start tryin to figure somthin out on a guard for Rad of some sort.

wow dude that sucks, i knew u were talking to him, i press reply to the wrong guy lol...but yea there easy to bed...stupid honda's lol

MikeHenders
03-12-2009, 01:46 PM
I like racing but I don't have the money to do it. I use my 450R for trails and wheelies. I guess your adrenaline is going and you don't feel much. its still crazy to smash a rad with your knee. The most damage i have done to my bike is a bent tie rod and broke the stock handle bars in 2. This is the first time I have heard that someone broke something on their bike with a part of their body.

mxhead686
03-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by MikeHenders
I like racing but I don't have the money to do it. I use my 450R for trails and wheelies. I guess your adrenaline is going and you don't feel much. its still crazy to smash a rad with your knee. The most damage i have done to my bike is a bent tie rod and broke the stock handle bars in 2. This is the first time I have heard that someone broke something on their bike with a part of their body.

iv never felt it lol...with the adrenaline going through you, you have other things on ur mind lol:D

rollie
03-12-2009, 05:35 PM
:( didnt leak though, ran the whole season with it, but i put a new one of for 09 haha

TJ Bradley
03-12-2009, 05:43 PM
geez man.!!! mine barely gets bent and then Coolants goin everywhere. lol. Thats crazy that didnt leak

d3ktrix
03-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Haha nice one rollie.
Mine normally bends higher up then that.