PDA

View Full Version : gas to oil ratio?

zwark
03-11-2009, 09:26 PM
what would the proper gas to oil ratio be for a kx-125? can things such as aftermarket exhaust, air filter, or engine parts call for a change in gas to oil ratio? i am not too familiar with 2 stroke machines and i'm hoping someone here can give me some advice.

907Rider
03-12-2009, 12:23 PM
40-1 with a good synthetic oil like amsoil or klots and your set.:)

IcutMetl
03-24-2009, 09:41 PM
I run a small bottle of Golden Spectro to 5gal of high octane pump; about a 50-52:1 ratio in my 250r and it runs awesome and keeps going and going and going w/o any smoke and no plug fouling after almost 2 months of owning it. Previous owner did the same thing, and rode the piss out of it at Silver Lake Dunes w/o problems. Pick a good synthetic/synthetic blend, go by what oil manufacturer reccomends. I personally wouldn't go any richer than 40:1; that's just me.

Whatever ratio you decide, you should jet it or have it jetted for that mixture- it shouldn't be too far off. Bad jetting is a killer for any motor; especially a 2 stroke.

bobizzle
05-05-2009, 03:55 PM
when i had a 91 kx-125, i would run castor 927 in a ratio of 32:1. bought a ratio right from the local bike shop and oil also. herd of ppl running 40:1, but its more gunk that ends up in your cylinder and expansion chamber after a while.

LTandRaptorider
05-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by bobizzle
when i had a 91 kx-125, i would run castor 927 in a ratio of 32:1. bought a ratio right from the local bike shop and oil also. herd of ppl running 40:1, but its more gunk that ends up in your cylinder and expansion chamber after a while.

40:1 means mixing LESS oil with the gas. ;)

I mix at 32:1, Castor 927 in my LT250R. That has worked good for years.

btw... Just take 128, which is the ounces in a gallon, divide by the ratio you wanna use, that will give you the ounces of oil to mix per gallon. ex. 128/32 (as in ratio of 32:1) gives you 4 ounces of oil to mix per gallon.

bobizzle
05-13-2009, 10:02 PM
my frind just got a blaster with a cr 250 motor on it. he asked the guy what he was running on ration, he said he was running 4:1. i was dumb founded, when he told me. he was running 4 gallons gas to 1 gallon oil. the mechanic he brought it to told him to do it that way. we rode it and it fouled out plugs in minuets. i helped him drain gas, and take apart his head and full exhaust. also rebilt the carb. there was oil for days coming out of it. the dude he got it from worked out a deal for the huge mess we cleaned up, but now that bike is scarry fast.:confused: