PDA

View Full Version : Problem!!!!

dvx304racer
03-11-2009, 07:05 PM
My buddy was riding his kfx450r today when it all of a sudden it shut off and now it won't start when we turn the key the fuel injection doesn't come on and we checked the fuses any advice would be grateful thanks

k4f5x0r
03-11-2009, 07:13 PM
maybe the rollover sensor? its under the hood. possibly a short on the frame in the wiring harness. ive heard a few stories about that. ask on kfx450hq to get some better answers.

631kfx400
03-11-2009, 07:19 PM
yea check that out

BEARAZZ
03-11-2009, 08:31 PM
I agree with the roll over sensor. I have seen one short out about an inch away from the sensor. Two of the wires had very small spots on them where they were rubbin the frame/bracket cannot remember .I would of never saw the spots but got lucky and the right light hit it and saw the copper shine .. So look at it really good .Also if that does not fix it start checkin your main harness i know they have a few problems also. hope that helps

dvx304racer
03-11-2009, 09:19 PM
thanks guys for all ur help just a little more detail where the rollover sensor looks like if u can

BEARAZZ
03-12-2009, 11:47 AM
just take your front plastic off.. and it will be in the center of your frame right up front. if it is good and clean you can see an arrow on it pointing up. make sure if you take it out of the holder to remember which way is up.. ( from experience) because it will not run if is installed upside down..there was an artical a while back on here about yokley's kfx and it shown where the roll over sensor is and how to fix it where it would not work

k4f5x0r
03-12-2009, 01:18 PM
it didnt do crap for me when my quad rolled 3 times down a hill. it ran while sitting upside down blowing white smoke from oil in the cylinder(normal when upside down) until i ran up and shut it off and flipped it :ermm:

BEARAZZ
03-12-2009, 02:33 PM
if you siliconed your roll over switch it should keep running no matter what way it is sittin but without doing that.. it should die..

k4f5x0r
03-12-2009, 03:14 PM
i didnt do anything. it was BONE stock at the time besides nerfs and skids. came around a turn- downhill part and the top was dusty and loose and i lost it and rolled it 3 times. lucky i didnt get hit in the back :eek2:

BEARAZZ
03-12-2009, 07:28 PM
I have rolled mine a few times.. once it shut off when up side down and another it went all the way over then on its side and it stayed runnin that time

Drewltr450
03-13-2009, 05:58 PM
I think the sensor works with gravity. So if you fliped and it rolled while in the air and was wieghtless or didnt slam into the ground while upsidedown it could have not tripped the sensor.

Bilbreybuilt
03-13-2009, 08:02 PM
the lean angle sensor ( tip over switch ) is a swinging pendulum so it is always moving when cornering and normal riding, the ecu has a delay so it has to stay off for a few seconds before it will kill the engine. so if you flip it fast enough it will not shut down. if it hit instantly when you corner or hit some off camber it would kill it.