PDA

View Full Version : repairs by Brian at High Performance ATV in Springfield, MO

ryanclark75
03-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Can anyone give me any feed back on this shop? I have my Speed 440 there and one year ago they did a complete engine rebuild and Eddie Dyno but now that it has gone in foe service they say it needs piston, cams and bearings. And it was only ridin for two hours total since the last rebuild?? I am supplying the parts from black widow but they are still charging me 1500$ to rebuild it again. I am upgrading to the Wilcox oversized vales and heavier valve springs, and a port and head polish but going back with 95mm piston. If they dynoed the bike and set up the ECU how could the time be off so bad that it wore out the duration in the cams, if they have this so say best dyno in a four state area. A DYNOJET Eddy Current Dynamometer. Plus does anyone know of a good Dale shop in the Houston area???:confused:

loons
03-12-2009, 02:50 PM
There are no "cannondale" shops anymore. Just people who think they know how to work on them. Your best bet would be to get your quad back, go to cannondaleriders.com and get in touch with Canniboomer, or blackwidow. You could send you motor there and it would be less than $1500 to repair. You could buy a fully built motor for That price. Hell, send it to me and I'll do it for $500 if you supply the parts.

I think they are blowing smoke. Get pictures and post them on dale riders. Those guys know their schit when it comes to dales.

ryanclark75
03-12-2009, 04:13 PM
I ordered the parts from Black Widow and he had nothing but good things to say about Brian at high Performance, but after I posted this I found out from the guys brother who I got the bike from that he did a bottom end rebuild last year. so the cams,piston and valves were never touched plus the ex-owner broke a cam bolt and kept riding for months. but they are only charging me 1500 to completely rebuild the engine this includes port and polishing the head and installing oversized Wilcox high compression exhaust valves and completely rework and machine the head for a correct fix and Black widow higher tension valve springs a new piston and sleeve and install both new cams plus the are going to use their DYNOJET Eddy Current Dynamometer and reprogram the ecu for my riding style. with certifications on true rear wheel horse power. And ECU HP and torque specifications, all for $1550. We will just have to wait and see if they deliver, plus I only gave them 2 weeks and they bumped in front of 2 other customers so I wont miss the Forest Hills invitational in Loisiana. Thank you for the feed back. I also see you own a blaster, I have two in non running condition that I want to make into one good running bike for my wife, a 1995 model and a 2000 that was set up for MX. they are both in need of jug work and pistons. Any reccomendation on that front??
http://highperformanceatv.com/index.html

2muchquad
03-15-2009, 09:02 PM
its too bad you didnt know how to work on them yourself,you coulld save a lot of money.i just put a new bottom end in mine,i just looked at the online service manuals and printed out what i thought i would need.Got my parts from Canniboomer(Dave).They arent bad once you see whats going on in them.I eliminated the airbox while i had it apart and did a fmf slip on,WOW! these bikes rip when they hold together.;) ;)

ryanclark75
03-16-2009, 12:40 AM
I know they can be monsters once they are up and running, I had always wanted one back in 01-02 racing season me and all my buddies had 400ex's and yes we did all of the work ourselfs, but the Cannondales would still eat our lunch out of the box. But biggest thing is now that I am married with 4 kids & and I work in Africa so I dont have time to work on it myself, I can do the small stuff but with four kids its hard to find 30 extra minutes in a day!!And can you give me Canniboomers contact details?? I really appreciate the input!:D

witech
03-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Sounds like your going to be spending a lot of money on a short life engine with marginal power. Higher tension valve springs and oversized valves?. Dude your going the wrong way . Anyway sounds like its to late to help you out .

speed 450
03-18-2009, 10:20 PM
the only person that I real know that works on dales in Texas is me none of the old dealers mess with or are closed

jacobw
03-27-2009, 01:28 PM
def going the wrong way you need to send your motor to tim for porting or wistech you are gonna be disappointed i was there when brad and the owner brian was gonna dyno a cannondale may have been that one now that i think of it. He does not know much about dales and how to make dale power like tim and wistech and you spend way too much you could have spent that money somewhere else

happyboy
03-28-2009, 08:43 AM
Are you in houston? Too bad you aren't closer to Arkansas, I'd say come on up and we can go through your motor.

Wistec is right on, stay away from what ever they are selling you. And the only port I would spend a dime on it Tim's.

Head on over to cannondaleriders and take a look around.

jhln8c
03-30-2009, 09:38 PM
when i got my bike tuned there they did an ok job. i prolly wouldnt want them to rebuild my bike thougth. BTW there dyno reads low on the actual hp numbers you will make. when i was there i also took a pic of this. i thought it looked sweet even without the motor in it.

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr248/jhln8c/0119091051-01.jpg

thedeatons
06-01-2009, 11:57 PM
There is a little known fact that there are soft camshafts out there. Lots of them. Some of the vendors are finally admitting it. Timbomoose is the one who found that out, his brother has access to a hardness tester (Rockwell scale).

The best cams are Megacycles. Originally used in the early production runs, before they moved to the Italian cams. The MC cams are serialized, and have specific color patterns. If your cams do NOT have serial numbers, have them hardness checked by someone like Timbo, who knows how to do it.

That is how your cams are worn out. We have many under our workbench wth no duration... That is how I know. I have spent HOURS on the phone with Timbo about this subject.

Claas900
06-13-2009, 07:57 PM
I think this bike is on ebay right how huu?

ryanclark75
06-23-2009, 03:55 PM
THAT WAS MY F&^%in Bike!!!!!!

Originally posted by jhln8c
when i got my bike tuned there they did an ok job. i prolly wouldnt want them to rebuild my bike thougth. BTW there dyno reads low on the actual hp numbers you will make. when i was there i also took a pic of this. i thought it looked sweet even without the motor in it.

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr248/jhln8c/0119091051-01.jpg :macho :huh

ryanclark75
06-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Well I will say this much, They did a sloppy job with the body work and the clean-up process. I did go with larger intake valves but stock springs as not to stress the valve guides and wear the cams. I did a port and post job and remapped the ECU for woods trails riding and I really cant complain about the performance It is making 42 HP, I dont want it to hpped up and unreliable. I have a buddy with a new KTM 450vand he can not keep up with me in the woods. But I could just be a better rider. I have only ridden 2 tanks of gas through it since the rebuild, now I have to sell due to the fact my wife had a babby yesterday, It did sell on eBay for 4k but I think I have a deadbeat that is going to bail on me. I just want the cash to finish my jeep project. To many toys!!! I also instaled a new Lonestar Steering Stem with Tag fatties. And it has stage 2 Elka long travel shocks and +2 A-Arms. First 3500 takes it

2006 Buelle
2003 Speed 440
1977 CJ-7 with chevy 350ci/330hp

Originally posted by speed 450
the only person that I real know that works on dales in Texas is me none of the old dealers mess with or are closed