PDA

View Full Version : New skin........

YardDog24
12-27-2002, 09:01 AM
Well kids, decided to change the color on the EX as to be at least a little different than the other 2354123451345 bikes we see while we ride....The Maier fit and finish has a little to be desired for sure. Thats the only thing I dont like. The rear fender flops around like a dead fish, I must have something wrong with the brackets under there. Can anyone take me a pic of their underseat/rear fender area? Pics are big so I linked instead of using the IMG tag.

http://home.attbi.com/~yarddog024/MVC-004F.JPG

http://home.attbi.com/~yarddog024/MVC-003F.JPG

http://home.attbi.com/~yarddog024/MVC-002F.JPG

http://home.attbi.com/~yarddog024/MVC-001F.JPG

Pappy
12-27-2002, 09:06 AM
looks good:D kinda like a cop car:p

QuadTrix6
12-27-2002, 02:30 PM
they look good, i would have put on nerfs first but what ever floats your boat..good luck with em, keep em clean :cool:

Slick
12-27-2002, 03:32 PM
Hey, i had that same problem with my seat bracket.....idk how to fix it but i got em held on with a bungee cord LoL,...well when i get back to workin on it i will drill holes through the 2 things that go down throught the subframe and put pins in them to make them not slip out and come off ...you might wanna try that:devil

YardDog24
12-27-2002, 05:17 PM
Fixed the links....I choked. I had them all as the same pic....

Woodsrider
12-27-2002, 08:39 PM
I really like the looks of it, but I don't like all the screw heads stickin out on the top of the plastic. I wanted to do the same thing, but my drinkin/ridin buddy bought a white Z and is blastin all the graphics off. So I dont want to look like a copycat:(

YardDog24
12-27-2002, 09:57 PM
Yeah, Jim (Jcrew) said he thought I bought a Z when I went by him this mornin. And, I think we need to swap names. Talk about soggy. It was a freakin deluge today. I love the white black look for sure. As for copying the Z? Ah well. They wont see anything but my *** anyway.

Kept poppin fuses today tho, blew really bad.

Woodsrider
12-28-2002, 07:33 AM
All you did was change the plastic, and its blowin fuses? Better pull it all off and inspect the wire harness. My guess is water was getting into one of the connectors up front. take all the connections apart and pack them full if dielectric grease. Better check for a pinched harness though.

I see you put fender exstensions on it too, don't you like the mud?:eek:

YardDog24
12-28-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by soggyrider
All you did was change the plastic, and its blowin fuses? Better pull it all off and inspect the wire harness. My guess is water was getting into one of the connectors up front. take all the connections apart and pack them full if dielectric grease. Better check for a pinched harness though.

I see you put fender exstensions on it too, don't you like the mud?:eek:

The front fenders bolt right to that extension. I coulda made a bracket but I did it the night before we were riding so I didnt want to screw with it. Plus....as you know, the mud here is a weeee brutal so I dont mind they are there.
Ill check that harness.... :D

Woodsrider
12-28-2002, 08:10 PM
Oh come on, the mud ain't that bad. You just have to be more selective about where you ride. Stay out of the clay and dont wear cotton and everything comes right out of the clothes. As far as the bike, just spray it with something slick before you go and it all washes right of with a garden hose;) Unless you ride a Polaris, those seem to take forever to wash clean:blah

Porkchop
12-28-2002, 08:19 PM
if you wanna know how to clean mud, ask me..

and before you go ride, spray wd-40 under your fenders, it makes for easy clean up afterwards

YardDog24
12-28-2002, 08:20 PM
I waxed it before we went, rinsed off quite nice. Now, there are others I know and wont mention that need to wash their machine........Friday wasnt all that muddy tho, just wet wet wet.

Woodsrider
12-28-2002, 08:30 PM
Why does it look like this\/

YardDog24
12-28-2002, 08:56 PM
No, mine looks MUCH faster.......... ;)

muff
12-28-2002, 09:05 PM
hey nice color theme i've never seen that been done before

I was wondering if you had any problems mounting the headlights on because I am, the area for the lights on the maier is much smaller than the area on the stock plastic, the lights dont fit in the maier

Woodsrider
12-28-2002, 09:05 PM
Well of course it does, its clean and has a coat of wax on it. that makes it lighter and the wax lessens the drag across the plastic:rolleyes: I do wish I had a e series pipe though. Every body knows that a red bike is faster than a white bike, That's why you added the pipe huh? LOL Mine runs on Icehouse though:D

YardDog24
12-29-2002, 12:05 AM
Well of course it does, its clean and has a coat of wax on it. that makes it lighter and the wax lessens the drag across the plastic:rolleyes: I do wish I had a e series pipe though. Every body knows that a red bike is faster than a white bike, That's why you added the pipe huh? LOL Mine runs on Icehouse though:D

Good ol Icehouse!

When you comin up here to ride Soggy?

YardDog24
12-29-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by muff
hey nice color theme i've never seen that been done before

I was wondering if you had any problems mounting the headlights on because I am, the area for the lights on the maier is much smaller than the area on the stock plastic, the lights dont fit in the maier

Thanks....As for problems? The fit as a whole blows for sure.
I actually had a harder time getting the stock out than getting the maier in. And the lites fit fine on mine? I dont like the way that they are pinched in but.......

Woodsrider
12-29-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by YardDog24

Good ol Icehouse!

When you comin up here to ride Soggy?

As soon as I can get a day free. I've been so busy lately I haven't had time to even fix my flat tire. Leaving at five in the morning Monday to Bury my grandpa. He died after Christmas dinner :(

Then I have to get home and do a head gasket on a guys car, finish work on the one I need to sell, change the oil and pull maintanence on the 400 and I'll be ready to ride. There is light at the end of the tunnel, I have a three day weekend next weekend.

YardDog24
12-30-2002, 05:25 PM

As soon as I can get a day free. I've been so busy lately I haven't had time to even fix my flat tire. Leaving at five in the morning Monday to Bury my grandpa. He died after Christmas dinner :(

Then I have to get home and do a head gasket on a guys car, finish work on the one I need to sell, change the oil and pull maintanence on the 400 and I'll be ready to ride. There is light at the end of the tunnel, I have a three day weekend next weekend.

Thats no good man.....let us know when you have some time....we need to get down there as well, may have to turn a softball tournament trip into a riding adventure as well.

erac4019
12-30-2002, 06:22 PM
Cool, looks like my Z.....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid38/pb697242afe8437d23b210333483f4080/fd1044b3.jpg