PDA

View Full Version : Just my 2 cents

TNRHINO
03-11-2009, 08:15 AM
This is just my opinon everyone is entitled their own. I think what is wrong with our great nation is that we have taken God out of our lives. This verus here sum's it the best for me Luke: 6 47 “Everyone who comes to Me and hears My words and acts on them, I will show you whom he is like: 48 he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation on the rock; and when a flood occurred, the torrent burst against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built. 49 “But the one who has heard and has not acted accordingly, is like a man who built a house on the ground without any foundation; and the torrent burst against it and immediately it collapsed, and the ruin of that house was great.”.

Many people may think I am some sort of bible thumper. Well from personal experince i can tell you a life with out God is a miserable one. When we started taking God out of our schools and everywhere we could this nation started going down hill. If you look back fifty years ago when it was ok talk about God and freely admit you are a Christian and not critized for being one our nation was in better shape. I am not saying the world is going to end tomorrow because the only one who knows that is God himself.

As you can tell i do not post much on here, but I have been a member for awhile. I can tell a big difference in people on here in just the short time being on here. It frankly is kind of scary. I do not agree with is happening in the White House these days, but that is just my opinon. I think we need more leaders across the board who rely on the power of prayer instead of how is this going to make me the most money. If you take the verse i quoted above to heart you will see that it is right. When God was a main priorty for us we were in better shape.

Feel free to make your opinon known. I will not reply to any post made. I do not want to get into a posting war! I hope all fellow Christians on here will come togehter and help pray for our nation's well being. And that God's will be done. I can speak for myself what he wants for us is not always what we want. He knows what is better for us than we do. Anyone who wants to PM feel free to do so. Thanks and God bless.

Pappy
03-11-2009, 08:23 AM
Well. I tend to look at things from a full on reality perspective, and it seems to me we have been taking religion out of our lives, yet the rest of the world has remained consistant with its religious beliefs and in this country, its easy to see how the Muslim faith is out stepping the Christian followers and they make no bones about pressing thier beliefs into the open where we christians are readily accepting the playing down and out right removale of religious symbols from most public places.

Sometimes, acceptence is a double edged sword. One way to win a fight is to make your enemy so small that there is no longer a fight, or to indoctrinate so many that your foe simply doesnt mean anything. Interesting things to consider.

mx825
03-11-2009, 08:34 AM
we were in better shape because many had something in common, which is god. can't we just be nice?

krt400ex
03-11-2009, 08:40 AM
im sorry. i have major doubts about my faith. i have alot of questions and the fact that my mom cant open her mouth without bringing her faith into EVERY DAMN THING has turned me off almost completely. i honestly think its the fact that ppl are too easily offended at stupid little bull $h!t. there is just too much hate in the world and people dont seem to understand how to agree to disagree and get along with each other either way.

Pappy
03-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by krt400ex
im sorry. i have major doubts about my faith. i have alot of questions and the fact that my mom cant open her mouth without bringing her faith into EVERY DAMN THING has turned me off almost completely. i honestly think its the fact that ppl are too easily offended at stupid little bull $h!t. there is just too much hate in the world and people dont seem to understand how to agree to disagree and get along with each other either way.

Maybe you should start by finding a way to get along with your mom in a peacefull way. I fully understand your message, but one has to start somewhere:p

mx825-people are so self centered that being nice doesnt even enter the scene...and on the internet, its 100 times worse. There is no accountability on the net so a persons true being is allowed to come out. IMO, we as a society spend so much time on the net these days that its carrying over to real world every day life.

Ive met people from this site that I would have swore would have been the biggest A-Hole in the world based on thier online persona, but when met face to face they were respectful and pleasant.

Start paying attention to threads like this and others then compare it to a prayer request thread when someone is ill or injured, funny how we turn away from religon until we feel we either need it or want to offer blessings on someone in need.

buck440
03-11-2009, 11:03 AM
lol

Mxjunkie
03-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Idk I was made out of some nasty stuff then I think all my brains ran down mammas leg.. Now I'm some sort of monkey thing that rides these things called atvs that us monkeys made..

I rekon god is what ever is in that nasty stuff eh? :p

k4f5x0r
03-11-2009, 11:13 AM
i myself have no decided what faith i beleive in, as im not convinced by ANY of them. for now im just floating around waiting for one to actually make sense. i beleive partially in every religion in a way. in any religion i beleive the holy book is NOT to be enterpreted litterally. when they say moses split apart a river and led the slaves accross i dont think that he litterally did that. but it is to make the story more exciting and easier to extract the meaning behind it.

The bible, The Vedas, The Qu'ran and all of the other books are just a guide to live the healthiest life style to be accepted in to that religions heaven, or sacred resting place.

The only problem i have with one religion is christianity, they can act SO crazy and make absolutely no sense for God. they will say anything to try and make you beleive and have the worst reasoning. apparently something that no one has ever seen, smelled or touched or anything made the earth and humans.. and to christians and other religions aswell this is WAYY more beleivable then monkeys slowly evolving into humans when we have PROOF that evolution takes place..

ill stop my rant here. and by no means did i mean to offend anyone but this is just how i view it. this is MY OPINION and please noone take it to heart that i was trying to convince them otherwise or trying to knock their religion down a post. But i mean really, for all you know god is a giant spaghetti monster :p

sly400ex
03-11-2009, 11:38 AM
I believe in the power of believing In God...but for people like myself, I just have never been able to accept. Not that I don't want to, or that it hasn't been from a lack of trying, but I just don't feel the presence of a higher power or being in my life. It does sadden me that I am this way too. :(

meankfx
03-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by sly400ex
I believe in the power of believing In God...but for people like myself, I just have never been able to accept. Not that I don't want to, or that it hasn't been from a lack of trying, but I just don't feel the presence of a higher power or being in my life. It does sadden me that I am this way too. :(

I feel the same way.

ZeroLogic
03-11-2009, 04:07 PM

You have to believe and have faith. Look at the little things in life not the big picture. God is everywhere and everything. Atleast thats just how I feel.

sly400ex
03-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
You have to believe and have faith. Look at the little things in life not the big picture. God is everywhere and everything. Atleast thats just how I feel.

I understand what you are saying, but you cannot beforced into believing anything.

I have always felt that if you believe in something it should come some what natural without out having to force the issue. It's kind of hard to explain, but I just don't have the faith or belief in me, which I wish I did.

bens250ex
03-11-2009, 04:57 PM
There is proof of God, i believe they found pieces to the Ark and such (I think). Its also alot easier to believe God created us because their have been people raise from the dead (not like dead for long time dead but like a day or so) There are also miracules (not sure how to spell that). For me i will always believe in God. He provides me with what i need and also provides me with more. He is there to comfort when needed as well. Being born with a messed up right hand and at the age of 3 lost all my hair for life, i have never let anything get in my way. I wake up every morning and thank the one that created me for just letting me be able to do everything i can do. It truely is a miracule that i can even ride with my hand. But everyone was born different for a reason i am glad i am different as i know God has a certain plan for me.
But i have to say some of the evolution stuff is so far fetched and rediculous that it doesn't make sense. Something had to be placed on this earth to get us to where we are today.(cell wise) Have faith in God and he will help you through anything. Even if it doesn't turn out for the better God will show you a way through and help you learn and get back on track. Why would you want to believe a scientist who fudged data to be able to continue his "work" . Thats how most of the stuff gets put out there. A scientist will say hey this is what i found this is how it all goes then every other retard says hey yea i don't see how that works but we will get money!!! thats what most scientist equal fellas. If you have ever noticed the christian based scientist have more reasoning behind there finds. Wow i learned somethin in college.

SRH
03-11-2009, 04:59 PM
im not religous, gods and angels are aliens im pretty sure , i watched ancient aliens on history the other night, way more compelling than peter popoff's prayer hour

if there was a god and he had all these meaningful things for us to do, why dont he just come down here part the seas, speak to everyone and tell us to straighten up, you guys got him all mythical leaving clues and hints like the riddler, this isnt a batman comic

he doesnt care about earth whatever kind of god there may be, hes got the whole universe, that ****s huge, and there is some hectic stuff going onn out there, god just dont care about us

ZeroLogic
03-11-2009, 06:41 PM
I understand what you are saying, but you cannot beforced into believing anything.

I have always felt that if you believe in something it should come some what natural without out having to force the issue. It's kind of hard to explain, but I just don't have the faith or belief in me, which I wish I did.

Ask questions, look for answers. Don't look hard cause you won't find them. I'm not the kind that goes to church every Sunday and prays all the time but I do infact believe in God and parts of the Bible.

ZeroLogic
03-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by SRH
im not religous, gods and angels are aliens im pretty sure , i watched ancient aliens on history the other night, way more compelling than peter popoff's prayer hour

if there was a god and he had all these meaningful things for us to do, why dont he just come down here part the seas, speak to everyone and tell us to straighten up, you guys got him all mythical leaving clues and hints like the riddler, this isnt a batman comic

he doesnt care about earth whatever kind of god there may be, hes got the whole universe, that ****s huge, and there is some hectic stuff going onn out there, god just dont care about us

Just a question, have you ever read the Bible?

ryansblaster
03-11-2009, 06:53 PM

You think your moms bad? My dads a pastor! At church hes the nicest guy but at home he is a b**** and yells and cusses at me and my sisters. This has turned me away a lot

SRH
03-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Just a question, have you ever read the Bible?

an excerpt here and there, common sense life lessons , interesting read im sure, i just dont buy the makin clay people in a workshop crap....lol

ZeroLogic
03-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by SRH
an excerpt here and there, common sense life lessons , interesting read im sure, i just dont buy the makin clay people in a workshop crap....lol

Nauh I hear ya on that one.

krt400ex
03-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Maybe you should start by finding a way to get along with your mom in a peacefull way. I fully understand your message, but one has to start somewhere:p

mx825-people are so self centered that being nice doesnt even enter the scene...and on the internet, its 100 times worse. There is no accountability on the net so a persons true being is allowed to come out. IMO, we as a society spend so much time on the net these days that its carrying over to real world every day life.

Ive met people from this site that I would have swore would have been the biggest A-Hole in the world based on thier online persona, but when met face to face they were respectful and pleasant.

Start paying attention to threads like this and others then compare it to a prayer request thread when someone is ill or injured, funny how we turn away from religon until we feel we either need it or want to offer blessings on someone in need.

its not that i dont get along wit my mom. we have a great relationship. its the constant talk about it. it gets to the point that when i am not home, i dont wanna even think about god. she is overwhelming.

scuzz
03-12-2009, 10:15 AM
its not that i dont get along wit my mom. we have a great relationship. its the constant talk about it. it gets to the point that when i am not home, i dont wanna even think about god. she is overwhelming.

My dad likes to talk about three things with me in this order:

1. God and Jesus.
2. His grandkids. (my kids)
3. Fast cars.

My dad can be like this, but rather than get aggravated with him I talk about it with him and ask him questions. I think he looks at it like he's doing every thing he can to make sure that we are together in Heaven one day as a family. I don't take it as a bad thing.