PDA

View Full Version : battery doesnt charge

shok47
03-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Alright so the problem is my battery will stop recharging when it is warmed up. Our mechanic, who knows about this stuff, along with all this other electrical things, have tested my electrics. He tested every wire , then I found my book and he also tested it by that. Everthing had continuity and power, the alternator was reading fine as well.

So everything starts fine, the battery holds its voltage and when I rev it the battery will charge up to 14v. Then we let is idle and eventually the electricity starts to dim and if you rev it the battery volt will not increase.

man this is hard! thats what I get for powdercoating :(

dariusld
03-10-2009, 06:10 PM
I know this is stupid question, but did you check the battery ground.

shok47
03-10-2009, 06:21 PM
yup I did. Unless the powdercoat is causing bad contact.

Pipeless416
03-10-2009, 06:28 PM
powdercoat will not let the ground wire make contact. you need to scrape off that little section and then try.

shok47
03-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Good news! I found that there was electrical contact between the pipes second mount and the frame. In order for the bike to have electricity, the mount has to have contact with the frame which is totally weird to all of us.

This has to have something to do with the powdercoating.

My Guess:
Since power is generated from the engine, should the engine mounts have solid contact to the frame? Could it be that there is no contact , so the ground is trailing all the way to the pipe??