PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust

motofreak2772
03-10-2009, 02:47 PM
I know ive asked this before but now im getting ready to replace my old TC exhaust that came on my 450r and i wanted something that would give me the most power gain. I want something mid range to top end.

I was looking at Dasa, Rossier and Baldwin.
So if anyone knows which is better of these 3 or a better one i havent listed please let me know and is there even a noticible difference between these exhausts?

Thanks

BlaineKaiser450
03-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Dasa is my favorite but any of those 3 would be fine

quadboy-55
03-10-2009, 06:31 PM
DAASAAA!!! yeah!

have you not seen joe byrds DASA TRX450R? thats why DASA is the best.

motofreak2772
03-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Yeah i know the joe byrd dasa is supposed to be really good but whats the difference between that and the classic? I know it has that lil chamber. I heard its just to reduce sound? so does that mean its that much more powerful?

yfzfelix
03-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by quadboy-55
DAASAAA!!! yeah!

have you not seen joe byrds DASA TRX450R? thats why DASA is the best. then how come a Suzuki with a Yoshi exhaust won the championship last year ?

quadboy-55
03-10-2009, 11:05 PM
motofreak... the regular 'classic' DASA is more powerful than the quiet version. of corse they wont tell you that inorder to sell more pipes, but the midrange in both the pipes is a huuuge difference. the classic produces more midrange but both produse identical top end numbers. this goes for all pipes, and also by putting in a quiet core could strip youre quad of 5HP in the mid range.

yfzfelix... last years winner wasn't determined by an exhaust pipe, it was the riders skill that won the championship.

you can compare a DASA pipe to a Yoshimura one every time on the dyno and right now the DASA classic will crank the RS-5 any day of the week. still, both of them are good pipes and the difference between the two is not worth swiching names over.

just my two cents.

yfzfelix
03-11-2009, 05:42 PM
dude, your the one who brought up joe byrds quad and the statement dasa is the best, if I'm not mistaken Yoshimura also builds the engines that won the championship, it would seem to me that Yoshi is better, go over to trx450r.org and read the post a guy put up on his Dasa experience and how his so called 60 hp dasa engine did not make anywhere near 60 hp, its an interesting read especially how long his engine sat at the dasa shop, there are a few other guys who post up some stories about dasa too, its an interesting read to say the least, I'll never buy anything from them after reading that post

motofreak2772
03-11-2009, 06:48 PM
motofreak... the regular 'classic' DASA is more powerful than the quiet version. of corse they wont tell you that inorder to sell more pipes, but the midrange in both the pipes is a huuuge difference. the classic produces more midrange but both produse identical top end numbers. this goes for all pipes, and also by putting in a quiet core could strip youre quad of 5HP in the mid range.

yfzfelix... last years winner wasn't determined by an exhaust pipe, it was the riders skill that won the championship.

you can compare a DASA pipe to a Yoshimura one every time on the dyno and right now the DASA classic will crank the RS-5 any day of the week. still, both of them are good pipes and the difference between the two is not worth swiching names over.

just my two cents.
uhh i wasnt talking about the quiet core. I was talking about the joe byrd pipe and the classic. The joe byrd one has that extra little chamber.

motofreak2772
03-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by yfzfelix
dude, your the one who brought up joe byrds quad and the statement dasa is the best, if I'm not mistaken Yoshimura also builds the engines that won the championship, it would seem to me that Yoshi is better, go over to trx450r.org and read the post a guy put up on his Dasa experience and how his so called 60 hp dasa engine did not make anywhere near 60 hp, its an interesting read especially how long his engine sat at the dasa shop, there are a few other guys who post up some stories about dasa too, its an interesting read to say the least, I'll never buy anything from them after reading that post

Yeah i read that post and thats why im questioning dasa but we havent heard their side of the story and thats only one person out of how many people? I heard yoshi isnt that good, I wouldnt compare products the pro's use to something we can buy. you know what i mean? But idk i still think yoshi makes good products.

so what do you people think about the rossier and baldwin?

quadboy-55
03-11-2009, 08:41 PM
srry motofreak, i thaught you where talking about the 99db pipe. thats just joe byrd's proto type header. (on his TRX 450 R)

felix, the DASA pipe makes more HP for the LT-R than the Yosh. thats it, end of story. it doesnt matter if Dustin wimmer beat joe byrd. i am just saying if you compare dynos the DASA BEATS the Yosh. thats why i bought the DASA. does that mean Dustin and Gust are going dasa? NO! because there paid to endorse yosh products.

and no i have not read that thread, nor have i been on any honda forums.

motofreak, all of the above pipes you listed are great choices, i am positive you'll be happy with wich ever you choose. another great coice is the HMF ironman. i had a sport series on my Z400 and could't be happier with it.

yfzfelix
03-11-2009, 09:28 PM
srry motofreak, i thaught you where talking about the 99db pipe. thats just joe byrd's proto type header. (on his TRX 450 R)

felix, the DASA pipe makes more HP for the LT-R than the Yosh. thats it, end of story. it doesnt matter if Dustin wimmer beat joe byrd. i am just saying if you compare dynos the DASA BEATS the Yosh. thats why i bought the DASA. does that mean Dustin and Gust are going dasa? NO! because there paid to endorse yosh products.

and no i have not read that thread, nor have i been on any honda forums.

motofreak, all of the above pipes you listed are great choices, i am positive you'll be happy with wich ever you choose. another great coice is the HMF ironman. i had a sport series on my Z400 and could't be happier with it. the last race I watched they were racing quads not dynos, the dyno numbers don't mean squat when your on the track, it isn't always the guy with all the HP that wins the race, you can rant and rave about dasa all you want the fact is a quad with Yoshimura engines and exhaust won the championship last year, and dasa did not PERIOD, why don't you read the post about dasa ? will you be crushed to read anything negative about "the best" ?

Johnny B
03-11-2009, 11:52 PM
curtis sparks kicks everybodys *****. haha im just kiddin chill out, but seriously, i wouldent ever trade my sparks for anything. i love that thing!

quadboy-55
03-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by yfzfelix
the last race I watched they were racing quads not dynos, the dyno numbers don't mean squat when your on the track, it isn't always the guy with all the HP that wins the race, you can rant and rave about dasa all you want the fact is a quad with Yoshimura engines and exhaust won the championship last year, and dasa did not PERIOD, why don't you read the post about dasa ? will you be crushed to read anything negative about "the best" ?

whoa buddy, who pissed in youre cerial this moring? and no duh, of corse they race on tracks, i wasnt born yesterday. and the name if the game is ridable power, thats the whole point. i dont care if dustin wimmer won on a yosh, it just shows that he is a better rider, not by a lack of a 'pipe'. i am also dissapointed in yosh not able to beat its own slip-on in the torque numbers, torque is the ridable stuff, and in my mind yosh doesn't seem to have what it takes. even HMF makes more oomph, and its ridable.

wow, thats sad, you think i will be crushed by a simple thread? and where did i say Dasa is ''the best''?? i just said that i was ''really happy'' with my dasa.

i have an idea, why dont you post the link for me.

motofreak2772
03-13-2009, 05:53 PM
whoa buddy, who pissed in youre cerial this moring? and no duh, of corse they race on tracks, i wasnt born yesterday. and the name if the game is ridable power, thats the whole point. i dont care if dustin wimmer won on a yosh, it just shows that he is a better rider, not by a lack of a 'pipe'. i am also dissapointed in yosh not able to beat its own slip-on in the torque numbers, torque is the ridable stuff, and in my mind yosh doesn't seem to have what it takes. even HMF makes more oomph, and its ridable.

wow, thats sad, you think i will be crushed by a simple thread? and where did i say Dasa is ''the best''?? i just said that i was ''really happy'' with my dasa.

i have an idea, why dont you post the link for me.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=382790

quadboy-55
03-13-2009, 06:21 PM
everyone has bad expierences, mine was with ATV galaxy. in my mind those guys there are *******s. they screwed me over $400.00 because i decided to send back the 'crap' they call nerf-bars. they lost the first set, and the second set was un bearibly overweight i desided not to even bother to put them on ym quad. now i have a AC set, wich i am regretting becuase they wobble about 3/4 of an inch, and its getting worse. its at the mount, the bolts are still tight but the mount is crap, its the weakest design, and most likely will fall off. next on the list after this junk (AC) goes will bw somw nide Rath monsterpegs, that dasa post just goes to show everyone has a bad expierense sooner or later, and i am comin close to loosing $800.00 in nerfbars. will be on my 4th set soon, i guess i'll consider my self lucky.

motofreak2772
03-15-2009, 08:05 PM
I think Im going to go with Dasa. Now Im thinking the Joe Byrd is obviously better than the classic but is it really? I havent really seen anyone with a joe byrd pipe, yet everyone says its the best. So what it comes down to is should i get the joe byrd version or would it just be wasting money.

yfzfelix
03-15-2009, 08:52 PM
DAASAAA!!! yeah!

have you not seen joe byrds DASA TRX450R? thats why DASA is the best. this is where you said dasa is the best, don't you remember ?

quadboy-55
03-18-2009, 10:57 PM
Felix... oops, i did, my appologies, man.

motofreak... the joebyrd pipe has a different header to broaden the overall output on the top end of the RPMS.

tach13
03-25-2009, 11:28 AM
i have to represent what im running even though the other three are great mine is n motion. great pipe!:cool:

03-25-2009, 03:06 PM
for the TRX the Dasa and Rossier were the best, Sparks I believe was last, mind you they were all within about 1-2HP of eachother. HMF and Sparks are best on the YFZ.

racernorris
03-25-2009, 06:37 PM
at mill creek this past week end a dasa motor with a moto works pipe pulled one of the holeshots in the pro class!!!!

little secret: reaction time is still hard to beat, with motors like the pros run, its very hard to beat reaction time! wimmer did not pull a holeshot, but won both moto's.

3/4 of my customers run dasa, the classic, the 99 db pipe makes 2-3 hp less, and the joe bird pipe is within 1-2 hp of the classic.

the joe bird pipe is over $100 higher! but it passes tech. so far only the pros and production pro am have to pass sound tech.

norris
quinn motorsports

jersey devil
03-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by hondarider11
So the dasa classis the best? Also who sells dasa pipes for cheaper then they are straight from dasa? I am going to be buying one for my honda.

I have a complete DASA Classic system and can't say enough about the quality and the performance.Great choice!
I got mine at C&D Racing ...1 402 614-2508.Great people to deal with also.
They are a sponsor on this site also.

spanky101
03-26-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by racernorris
at mill creek this past week end a dasa motor with a moto works pipe pulled one of the holeshots in the pro class!!!!

little secret: reaction time is still hard to beat, with motors like the pros run, its very hard to beat reaction time! wimmer did not pull a holeshot, but won both moto's.

3/4 of my customers run dasa, the classic, the 99 db pipe makes 2-3 hp less, and the joe bird pipe is within 1-2 hp of the classic.

the joe bird pipe is over $100 higher! but it passes tech. so far only the pros and production pro am have to pass sound tech.

norris
quinn motorsports

It may be true that only the pros and pro am's have to pass sound check but we should all be making the effort to lower out noise output to give the tree huggers one less thing to ***** about...