PDA

View Full Version : dont buy from esr

shawnsdad
03-10-2009, 01:42 PM
I got a filter cover for there esr intake. and they charged me 13.00 to ship something 3.4 OZS so here is my rant

I cant belive that esr charges 14.00 to ship a outerware for there filter. if thats the case they must charge 100.00 to ship there system. they may make a good product. but will never buy anything from them again. it would have been cheaper to buy the whole kit and sell the extra parts. they mark it at 1 pound and its not even close its 3.4 ozs.
could have sent by mail for 1.34. they are the biggest scammers I know of.
I just talked to them and ask about shipping and the guy said thet he didnt have time to talk to a customer that only spent 17.00 on a cover. he said if I had a brain I would have bought more. I said Oh now Im stupid. I will be sure to write that on the bords. bad customer service. her told me that all the guys on the bords already know Im stupid. his reasoning was they only ship ups. and they wount wast there time to take 1 17.00 filter to the post office. I said. oh you dont get mail delivery and the buissness. ya but we only ship ups. well to save money for the customer you wount just mail it. not our problem. so I am going to go to all the web sites that I know of and bashing there customer service. Im so PI$$ED. just becouse I only bought 17.00 worth of product Im not worth the time!!!

sorry for the rant but that is just unbelivable that in these times that thay wount try to find the cheapest shipping to help all of us out. but they dont care. unless you are spending lots of money.

416exfreak
03-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Shipping via UPS only may be a company policy man.

You need to consider your faults too.

You could have ordered an outerwear from anywhere, and im willing to bet that you didnt call around, or even bother to look for other places that would have it. If you had, you wouldnt have been stuck with that shipping charge.

You probably could have gotten a K&N outwerwear from your local shop.

In a way, the customer service rep. was right...:chinese:

EDIT: quick thought- Why would you agree to pay the shipping charges (since they give it to you with the total of the product) then complain about it after you get your product?:huh

250r rider 88
03-10-2009, 01:53 PM
i can understand why you are angry, but honestly ESR is a big enough company they are not going to care if they lose a $17 dollar sale, or send an employee making anywhere from $8-12 an hour down to the post office to mail your outerwear when they have UPS come by everyday, have the boxes there, pack it set it aside and UPS takes care of the rest, you have to look at it from a business state of mind,

considering I myself just spent 450 with them this morning for a new exhaust system for my 250R, shipping on that was $18 to S. Indiana, and that more than acceptable to me

ESR has no control over shipping prices, where are you located? that makes a huge deal in shipping cost, UPS sets the prices and we have to pay them, until the economy gets better, shipping prices are going to continue to be high, shipping items a year ago when gas was 2x as much as it is now was even higher,

Motosport, one of the biggest online retailers used to do free 2 day FedEx express shipping when you spent $200 now they can't even offer it because of how high shipping prices have gotten

take a chill pill, retard the anger, and look at from ESR's point,

also that outerwear could have been bought at any online retailer as well and you would have paid at least that much to ship

its just how it is bro, if you dont like it thats your deal, dont come on here bashing a good company because they "overcharged" you for shipping when they have no control over it

250r rider 88
03-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
quick thought- Why would you agree to pay the shipping charges (since they give it to you with the total of the product) then complain about it after you get your product?:huh

EXACTLY!!!!!

05LSR250R
03-10-2009, 01:54 PM
You can slam ESR all you want! Wont make a bit of difference! People will still seek their products! Should've just ordered one from a place that had cheaper shipping! Outerwears are not a rare commodity. I agree with your rant about the guy on the phone.........thats rude and uncalled for!

shawnsdad
03-10-2009, 02:03 PM
couldent find the right size. called 4 places. one of them was buggyworld and was told they must have the filter made for them. they never heard of that size. but still weather its my falt there falt. wouldent it be good to talk to the customer about it instead of saying I dont have time for a customer that only bought 17.00 worth of stuff. and calling me stupid! I guess you dont mind someone calling you stupid. NOT THAT I AM. its just a ? And the post office picks up mail and drops off mail every day. there not getting a kick back from the PO and they do from ups. thats why they use ups. as for agreeing with the shipping it said that the package weighed 1 pound so I didnt know what to expect.

shawnsdad
03-10-2009, 02:11 PM
not bashing the money as I stated when I called the guy and talked. its the customer service. and Im in northern IL so you got a deal for 18.00 . ITS NOT THE MONEY ITS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE. but from the looks of it you guys dont worry about that.
as for bashing I have a freedom of speech and some will see where Im coming from and some won't. hopefuly will let some people save some money.

shawnsdad
03-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88

its just how it is bro, if you dont like it thats your deal, dont come on here bashing a good company because they "overcharged" you for shipping when they have no control over it

the thing is they do have control of shipping. the PostOffice will come to you just as the ups man will.

scuzz
03-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Yeah the guy on the other end of the phone was a douche.

I would call back and escalate until I was happy with the outcome.

250r rider 88
03-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by shawnsdad
the thing is they do have control of shipping. the PostOffice will come to you just as the ups man will.

they DO NOT set the prices, those are set by the carriers

they do not control the cost of shipping

shawnsdad
03-10-2009, 02:41 PM
if you were a business and cared about your customers. wouldent you find the cheapest shipping. it takes no more time or effort to ship ups or the post office. if your set up at no cost to you with the computers. and the mail man shows up and takes the product just like the ups man. cheaper shipping and GOOD customer service will make more money. ups has a 1 pound min. so even though my item only weighed 3.2 oz I still paid for a pound. so anything under a pound send post office. I know I paid and agreeed with it and bought it I was questioning the shipping method. and was called stupid!!!! and we dont have time for you. him having no idea how much I planned on buying in the future

416exfreak
03-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
Yeah the guy on the other end of the phone was a douche.

I would call back and escalate until I was happy with the outcome.

Then you just lowered yourself to a levl or two below the douchy service rep.

Congrats. Way to be THAT guy...

scuzz
03-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Then you just lowered yourself to a levl or two below the douchy service rep.

Congrats. Way to be THAT guy...

You obviously missed what I meant by "escalate". What I meant by that was to talk to his manager...and if you didn't get satisfaction...talk to his manager. I wasn't talking about yelling into the phone threatening things and being a dick.

That get's you nowhere on the phone or in person.

jcv400ex
03-10-2009, 04:10 PM
I got a filter cover for there esr intake. and they charged me 13.00 to ship something 3.4 OZS so here is my rant

I cant belive that esr charges 14.00 to ship a outerware for there filter. if thats the case they must charge 100.00 to ship there system. they may make a good product. but will never buy anything from them again. it would have been cheaper to buy the whole kit and sell the extra parts. they mark it at 1 pound and its not even close its 3.4 ozs.
I just talked to them and ask about shipping and the guy said thet he didnt have time to talk to a customer that only spent 17.00 on a cover. he said if I had a brain I would have bought more. I said Oh now Im stupid. I will be sure to write that on the bords. bad customer service. her told me that all the guys on the bords already know Im stupid. his reasoning was they only ship ups. and they wount wast there time to take 1 17.00 filter to the post office. I said. oh you dont get mail delivery and the buissness. ya but we only ship ups. well to save money for the customer you wount just mail it. not our problem. so I am going to go to all the web sites that I know of and bashing there customer service. Im so PI$$ED. just becouse I only bought 17.00 worth of product Im not worth the time!!!

sorry for the rant but that is just unbelivable that in these times that thay wount try to find the cheapest shipping to help all of us out. but they dont care. unless you are spending lots of money.

Wow, so you're pissed because you paid too much for shipping and called them to complain about it??? Seems like YOU should have thought about it before you paid that much for shipping. Companies like ESR probaby ship out 30-50 packages a day and aren't going to take the time to run down to the post office.

SRH
03-10-2009, 05:34 PM

thats ridiculous

you should apologize to them and everyone else for posting this, thats there company policy its your ignorance that caused your frustration, i always question this when im purchasing something cheap like that.... dumb, people at these companies work hard to build there reputation and then deal with inexpirienced and ignorant customers , at the very least you could of titled the thread differently

are you completely oblivious to how business's work, they dont sit around looking at packages saying now i bet we trimmm those corners off jim jack will save 30 cents on shipping the economy is bad and since we run a business based on disposable income people no longer have we should over pay our employees to save shipping and lose even more money on these 12 dollar outwears......god dammit:eek2:

Mxjunkie
03-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Don't buy anything, it cost's money to ship it guys!!! Never knew that haha.. :blah:

I see where your saying that a lot of money for a small part but it's not ESR's fault, blame the mofo's who shipped it for them lol

shawnsdad
03-10-2009, 07:36 PM
cost them 8.31 to ship it to me and that was just puting in the info at ups.com. but when you have a business and use then you get a bigger discount. so they made at least 5.00 for there pocket. but for the last time IT IS NOT ABOUT THE MONEY!!!!! if you guys would read. it is about customer service!!!!!! I was simply asking the guy that answered the phone about the shipping. and why they dont use a better service. he told me if I had half a brain I would have bought more to compensate for the cost of shipping. I asked . so you think im stupid. he said yes. and hung up on me. when calling back to talk to a manager he would just hang up. it was all in the story. but you guys just are reading about the money. I will say it one more time.

IT IS ABOUT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE NOT THE MONEY!!!!!! you guys saying I should say Im sorry. I laugh at you. so if someone called you stupid you should say you are sorry to them. I feal sorry for you guys. YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT THANKS FOR LISTENING. for the ones that read it and understood and said nothing thanks this board is full of some helpfull people. thank you and good luck

Mxjunkie
03-10-2009, 07:50 PM
he told me if I had half a brain I would have bought more to compensate for the cost of shipping. I asked . so you think im stupid. he said yes. and hung up on me. when calling back to talk to a manager he would just hang up. it was all in the story.

this board is full of some helpfull people. thank you and good luck

We see what your saying, the guy came off as an arsehole
( according to what your telling us )
but on the other hand what he said about off setting the price is absolutely true. So by all rights the guy was just simply answering your question. Know I don't beleive the half a brain comment even though there is no soild proof. Honestly when has anyone working for a company as large as ESR has ever had a customer service rep get smart with them.

Then you kinda gave him an additude by saying so you think I'm stupid, so of course there is going to be some sort of negative comment behind that. It's basic english man common.. You don't just ask someone that.. rephrase your words because you saying that has negative vibes behind it.. It's like pissing in some ones cherrios if you want me to make it simple. :ermm:

And YES we are helpful, what other atv forum can you argue with it's users for almost two pages and have us not mind it at all, provide you information and not get hostile... rather just brush it off.. ;) :blah:

shawnsdad
03-10-2009, 08:03 PM
ok then. I think the best part is when I called back and asked for the guy that told me I was stupid. the guy that answered the phone said (OK please hold!) and for once I didnt even raise my voice. which really supprised my wife. becouse she could here the guy over the phone. I know there is no proof. but I know I tell the truth. so take or leave it.

Mxjunkie
03-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Oh it's open for discussion both ways because it's a one way story right now unless we hear from someone over at ESR. It's just a little weird to rant over something small, it's often to hear of someone ranting over lost parts and lost calls but It's kinda rare to hear such things about customer service...

I guess I have good manners, I always talk to mine about riding and such even if I'm mad about their product.. :D That guy could of been having the worst day of his life, could of lost a friend.. Hell only he know's but you just have to remember that when your ever on the phone with any company that deals with the public lol... I call some shops around here and if I were to complain about some of the comments they give back you'd think twice about yours lol.. For example I call to order parts and I messed up a part number and the guy had to re run it, he called me a f'in moron.. you just laugh it off lol :blah:

shawnsdad
03-10-2009, 08:14 PM
in this economy I would think customer service should be better than normal. but when someone treats the way I was treated I get upset. but get more upset that no one under stood it was all about customer service. I belive that is what makes a good company. but you cant find it very much anymore. anyone give them a call and ask for the guy that called you stupid and I bet the guy will answer. then you will have an answer!!!!

Mxjunkie
03-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Haha they probaly have a lot of those though.. Gotta remeber they deal with the public ..

It's just the general public anymore.. No one is willing to put effort into ANYTHING.. lazy slacking lack luster people out there that just don't want to do anything except watch the clock, wait till friday and do it all over again.. It's rediculous but it's just how the generation is.. I'm hoping that there still is some business savy and hard working people left out there instead of these slack drones that most companys put up with.. :tired:

shawnsdad
03-10-2009, 08:23 PM
the big problem are the most slackers still have jobs and the people that take some iniative and value there work are home on unemployment. very very sad

Aceman
03-10-2009, 09:07 PM
I know there is no proof. but I know I tell the truth. so take or leave it.

Hmm.

So I shouldn't buy from ESR because some anonymous guy on an internet forum with only ten posts was called stupid. Allegedly. No proof, only his side of the story, and with zero reputation to back it up.

Or, I can simply ask them the shipping cost before purchasing.

Hmm.

shawnsdad
03-10-2009, 09:20 PM
your right!!!!!!! och that hurt. and if you can read aceman. I will help you out with big letters.

I WAS ONLY ASKING ABOUT WHY THEY DONT USE A CHEAPER SHIPPER FOR UNDER A POUND. I AM ONLY TALKING ABOUT THE BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.
and you have no proof that he didnt say it. and they made an extra 5.00 for the shipping.