PDA

View Full Version : how can I get more bottom out of the YFZR

09RhoadzieYFZ-R
03-10-2009, 07:24 AM
I know not much info, specs or people have messed around with these yet. I was wondering tho if any of you out there have any idea how i can achieve some better bottom end out of my bike. The bike has crisp throttle response but seems to have better top end then bottom. Current mods are Trinity Full system, trinity EFI controller, and K@N intake. Any info would be great. Thanks

oemparts
03-10-2009, 07:48 AM
you can change your sprocket sizes

jersey devil
03-11-2009, 01:01 PM
I felt the same way when I first rode my new R also.I then changed the tires and wheels.Went with 20 fronts and 18 rear and made all the difference in the world.
Of course you don't have to do that but just change the front sprocket down one tooth and see what you think!Should be alot better bottom end.

09RhoadzieYFZ-R
03-11-2009, 04:45 PM
yeah my next thing is going to be the 18 rear and 20 fronts. what tires setup did you go with? I just returned my Trinity Exhaust as well so ima be going Dasa of HMF so that should help, because the bikes got good top end power i think no matter what so ima try an beef up the bottom.

jersey devil
03-11-2009, 07:40 PM
I have the DASA complete system,Twin air filter,removed air box lid,PC5,Hiper Tech 3 beadlock wheels front and rear and Holeshots!
First when I got it was the wheels and tires right away.Amazing difference!Awesome bottom end and handles better in the turns.
Waited until I got the PC5 before I installed the rest of the mods and really pleased with everything.Great power all thru the powerband!