View Full Version : Typhoon 125 Sound

TEAMSTROBEL
03-10-2009, 06:57 AM
Just bought my son a 2007 typhoon 125...and what the hell is that crackling, frying bacon sound coming from the air cleaner? seems to run great...small low speed bog when accelerating...but otherwise good...any suggestions since im new to typhoon?

Ride1Rob
03-10-2009, 07:19 AM
Your head is bolts may be loose. When the bike is running idle place your hands around the head (top, bottom, and sides) and see if you feel any airleaks. I was in a rush after doing some mods to my sons bike and forgot to put the gasket in between the cylinder and the head and had the bacon in the frying pan sound as well. Couldn't figure out what in hell the sounds was. I was pissed when I realized what I had done lol. Had to pull the motor back out of the bike to place the gasket in :mad: . Good times!!!

TEAMSTROBEL
03-10-2009, 07:42 AM
NICE! didnt think of that one of course...but i just bought it so i dont know if the guy was dicking around with it...from the looks of it...and the wear on it...i would say it sat and wasnt even ridden at all...like new...but who knows, i will check tonight when i go home...what kind of plug these little guys run? i would like to change it to be certain...

Ride1Rob
03-10-2009, 11:04 AM
The stock plug should be NGK.