PDA

View Full Version : snorkeling my 250 / making it a great mud toy

mikeE36
03-10-2009, 04:58 AM
I want to make my 2003 250ex a mud toy. As I posted before I'm getting new mud tires and rims but what else can I do?

Do they sell lift kits?

Can I make a home made snorkel? I was thinking of putting PVC pipe with a clamp on my exhaust tip so nothing gets in the exhaust.

Any suggestions. Even stock my 250ex does alot better then some 4x4 quads but I wan't to make it look awsome

hondariderdylan
03-10-2009, 12:37 PM
i thought about this idea for a while after i saw a 250 on youtube with a snorkel coming out in front of the bars in about 5 foot of water

They dont sell lift kits so my advice would be to get taller tires,maybe 25's in the rear and maybe a power adder to compensate for the bigger tires

you can make a snorkel for anything.
not sure about how b/c ive never done it but i do know that you need some PVC pipe and run it from the airbox outside or get rid of the airbox all together and run it from the carb

a good idea to do with this is to get a clamp on filter and put it on the end of the snorkel and maybe put a prefilter on it to keep any splash out of the motor

***EDIT***
DONT run PVC on the exhuast, it will melt it then when it gets hot again, it will snap

another thing i would look into is waterproofing so you dont end up dead in the water

mx825
03-11-2009, 08:40 AM
bad idea..

hondariderdylan
03-11-2009, 12:34 PM
hey
it is an idea;)

hondariderdylan
03-17-2009, 06:07 PM
i found that video i was talking about

looky here

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=250ex+snorkel&hl=en&emb=0&aq=f#