PDA

View Full Version : ride height

zeekebill
03-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Were do you measure from on xmx to set the 7" ride height? thought I read the footpegs but can't find any info on.

Would also like to hear some more input on peoples front end setting's. I've gone way possitive and have yet to try negitive.

TNT
03-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Measure the ride height at the rear peg or engine mount and the front before the rake begins(slope up of bottom frame). Most riders like higher in front but that depends on shock travel, arms, rake angle, rider weight and preference. Look at your shock travel, my 09 DS has the same front to rear 10.7”, and with a lot of rake compared to say our YAM. I could stay level to keep my center of gravity low for MX, XC about ½ higher. Bottom line is I don’t want to bottom the frame out. With less shock travel up front I can go lower, longer arms I need higher, heavier rider higher settings.

I’ll be back with some front end tips later when I got more time. There we are just trying to determine the tire contact patch, friction on the tire, and handling depending on what type of riding we are doing.

TNT
03-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by zeekebill
Were do you measure from on xmx to set the 7" ride height? thought I read the footpegs but can't find any info on.

Would also like to hear some more input on peoples front end setting's. I've gone way possitive and have yet to try negitive.

Were talking about some of this on ML450R's thread "got my new ds450" below.....What type of riding do you do?