PDA

View Full Version : How times change...

Frostin
03-09-2009, 09:07 PM
1957 vs. 2009
Scenario 1:Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the schoolparking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.

1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to hiscar and gets his shotgun to show Jack.

2009 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jailand never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in fortraumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2:Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end upbuddies.

2009 - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnnyand Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled eventhough Johnny started it.

Scenario 3:Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.

1957 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddlingby the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does notdisrupt class again.

2009 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. Heis then tested for ADD. The school gets extra money from the statebecause Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4:Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him awhipping with his belt.

1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to collegeand becomes a successful businessman.

2009 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed tofoster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy'ssister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes toprison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario 5:Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1957 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smokingdock.

2009 - The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drugviolations. His car is then seized and searched for drugs and weapons.The Principal is arrested for contributing to the delinquency of a minorand loses his job before he is even tried.

Scenario 6:Pedro fails high school English.

1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.

2009 - Pedro's cause is taken up by the state. Newspaper articles appearnationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement forgraduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the stateschool system and Pedro's English teacher. English is then banned fromcore curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowinglawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario 7:Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, putsthem in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.

1957 - Ants die. Johnny also enters his "bomb" and wins HonorableMention for his Science Fair project.

2009- ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Johnny ischarged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents -- andall siblings are removed from their home and all computers areconfiscated. Johnny's dad is placed on a terror watch list and is neverallowed to fly again.

Scenario 8:Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He isfound crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2009 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. Shefaces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy,sues school system, his attorney retires to the Bahamas, while Johnnyworks at McDonalds flipping burgers for the rest of his life.

03-09-2009, 09:19 PM
yeap wish it was like it was back in the day. even the 80's school was cool with things. kids need discipline and thats a lot that wrong in todays society. kids are being brought up just a slap on the wrist ad a its okay or we will give you these to fix you. i'm not saying abuse kids but teach them whats wrong and make sure they learn.

Frostin
03-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
yeap wish it was like it was back in the day. even the 80's school was cool with things. kids need discipline and thats a lot that wrong in todays society. kids are being brought up just a slap on the wrist ad a its okay or we will give you these to fix you. i'm not saying abuse kids but teach them whats wrong and make sure they learn.

Amen to that my brotha!!! But seriously, i can remember lots of stuff that I did and I got smacked in the mouth for... yeah it hurt at the time and i thought it was crap... but I learned very quickly from it.

buck440
03-09-2009, 09:34 PM
at the school i went to last year they have a ZERO TOLERANCE rule unlike most schools, if you do somthing wrong you get the maximum punishment and no breaks and every inch of the school is seen with cameras so you need to watch out:grr: and they have a heavy duty main door with a cameras pointing at you and you got to push a button and the secretary asks your name sometimes and buzzes you in and on top you have to have your school id badge on you, most of the time i didn't and my ID#840980 and thats a public school in a small town population 13,000 so yah times have changed, lol. CLASS OF 08 ERHS GO TIGERS! :blah:

blacknblue#2
03-10-2009, 02:35 AM
It really is sad the way things have went. Me just being young still at 22 have saw alot of crazy changes. I grew up in a tiny redneck town where we all know eachother from going to church together or just living walking distance down the road from eachother. I remember a couple boys haveing guns in their trucks when they would pull them into shop class and the teacher would ask to see them. The teacher was a big hunter and local guy himself. Now i just heard the other day that a younger fellow i know (a senior this year) got busted with a shotgun behind the seat of his truck. All the authorities were called in and he was taken to jail. Being from a small town i spend many weekends partying with some teachers that aint much older than me now. When all the young croud are running around drunk and taking pictures for their high school scrapbooks and such all the ones that work for the school beg not to be in the pic. And if they get caught up in one they beg them not to put them on myspace and such. Pretty sad when a 24 year old teacher cant enjoy himself at a local field party because of the 17/18 year old kids running around that he had in class on friday

ZeroLogic
03-10-2009, 02:17 PM
How true that is.

Not even exagrated!
I just got back from the highschool I graduated from and man it has changed. They now have their own police force that carry firearms and have their own cop cars. For visiting my shop teacher (that changed my life forever and now I'm going into a good direction) I could get arrested for trusspassing, have my truck searched, they woulda found a can of chew, a utiliy knife, an pocket knife and my saws (I'm a sub contractor) and I would of got arrested on the stop and had hefty fines. The old timers tell me about their school days, I think its all turned to ****.:o

madskrillz2
03-10-2009, 02:22 PM
It's almost scary how true that is. Believe it or not, I was still in school when they had paddlings. I think they did away with it when I got to second grade. I'm 20 so that wasn't all that long ago. Everything else is right on the money though.

mod440ex
03-10-2009, 04:54 PM
goo post, very true

Mxjunkie
03-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Frostin
Amen to that my brotha!!! But seriously, i can remember lots of stuff that I did and I got smacked in the mouth for... yeah it hurt at the time and i thought it was crap... but I learned very quickly from it.

I was mad back then when it happened but now I see why I got smacked hahah.. The kids I see nowadays just make me shake my head.. I about lost it one night at the mall when I saw a kid on a leash LOL

My little nephew learned the hard way a couple times when I've had him out lol.. He'll give me an additude and start cussing at me so I'd warm his arse up a little bit.. Tell ya what now that kid learned some manners and the combo please/thankyou REAL quick lol. All I have to do is say Joey you better simmer down and he's sitting down chillin..

Now your random kid at mc donalds thats running around grabbing people, throwing chit, crying cause they want a toy or chicken nuggets and you got their parent going, stop.. STOP and they just give up and let the kid do what ever.. What's that teach them? THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING... A lot like this younger generation that's coming up.. wait till they are all adults!time out turns into TIME WITH BUBBBBAA in the slammer when ya'll get older kiddies.. lol